***Official TX v Oakland Thread***

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by TEASIP84, Mar 18, 2011.

1. TEASIP84

TEASIP84 500+ Posts

Gary should not be handling the ball period..Only time he touches the ball should be in the post or in rythym for a mid range jump shot

2. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

TEXAS!!!!!

[​IMG]

Hang on tight! This is gonna be an interesting end.

3. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

free throws coming 8 point lead 39 seconds

4. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

83-77 w/ 28 secs left. Texas ball.

5. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

I'll take 3-of-4 in the last minute from Joseph. Short on that first one but much better thereafter.

6. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

Obamatime

7. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

Man that was crappy d by Johnson - picked his teammate and then continued running instead of helping so the guy had an open layup.

8. Third Coast

The game is not on TNT here.

9. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

As someone else already noted, if this lead holds, then the following statement is about to be true: free throws won us this game.

Can't believe I just typed that.

10. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Nice win Horns!! Turns out FT shooting made the difference making 21 of 26. Didn't think I'd be saying that.

11. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

Nice coverage of the game

12. Third Coast

Oakland is a pretty good 13 seed. They got a lot of second chance shots today.

13. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

I think Oakland was the best of the 13 seeds. The Selection Committee did us no favors.

Solid win against a very talented (offensively speaking, that is) and energetic opponent. We'll have to step it up to get by the Arizona/Memphis winner.

[​IMG]

14. Third Coast

15. TEASIP84

TEASIP84 500+ Posts

Agreed...most people here would probably say that free throws would cost us a game not win one.

16. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I see we held on and won 85-81. Did we play bad or is Oakland pretty good?

17. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

way to go, cbs. nice transition to your baby stations so I could miss the final minute.

and screw all the doubters of this team in this game.

18. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I see why some pundits picked Oakland as an upset game to watch. They were scrappy, put up lots of points during the season and have players who just don't quit...shooting, playing and trying. All respect to the Oakland team and fans. Better luck next time.

19. TXThorn

TXThorn Guest

No ****, CBS screwed us out the clinching minute...and basically the prez said nothing I didn't read this morning. Wtf? You could hardly even see the mini screen on CBS or TNT. And TNT had a damn game that just started, they couldn't take a few min away and finish ours after booting us? Bush league. [​IMG]

20. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

21. ausroby

ausroby 25+ Posts

FT's were key ... Brown 12 for 12. Easier to have a great team FT% when your best FT shooter gets 12 attempts [​IMG] Nice win though. Thompson showed as a 6ft 8 fresh he's better than there 6 ft 11 senior.

22. TEASIP84

TEASIP84 500+ Posts

Clean, don't let the score fool you. We had the game in hand with 5 mins to go in the second half. Oakland is a decent team for a mid major I guess. Team just played stupid the last part of the game and stopped playing and allowed them to shrink our lead.

23. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

24. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Something I did not really realize till the announcer mentioned it, their stud scorer who popped 10 on us in the first half went scoreless in the second. We made them have to rely on others and somebody stepped up time and time again. We held them way under their average and neutralized their main threat in the second half. THAT is adjusting at the half.

25. TEASIP84

TEASIP84 500+ Posts

I watched the game online with MMOD...got to watch the whole game til the end [​IMG]

26. Bigtex112

Bigtex112 500+ Posts

I like Gary Johnson as a 15-foot shooter but my God he is a severe liability with the ball in his hands if he puts it on the floor either to dribble or pass. He's horrible at both. To his defense, though, that last turnover where he dribbled the length of the court, a guard MUST COME GET THE BALL !!!!!

27. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

28. Bigtex112

Bigtex112 500+ Posts

The guards were standing and watching. Not even attempting to get the ball from him.

29. Third Coast

Agree on the FTs being the difference and a pleasant surprise. A typical percentage and this four point win would most likely have been a loss.

30. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Missed the entire game because of a poorly scheduled curriculum review committee. Glad to see we won, thanks for an entertaining thread. [​IMG]