Official wristwatch of the douche

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by Craigcito, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Fried JJ Pickles

Fried JJ Pickles 1,000+ Posts

If you are an old man you probably still think it's 1985, so wearing a watch is acceptable.

There's a reason why in 1985, people wore $30 watches and why now, in 2008, nobody wears a watch that costs less than $1000.

That's because the watch is no longer useful. It wasn't that long ago, that clocks weren't even in cars. Now they are in coffee makers, microwaves, tvs, cell phones, computers and pretty much any digital device. There is no longer a functional reason for wearing a watch. It's now a piece of jewelry and nothing more.

Most people are now rarely in a room with less than 3 or 4 devices that can tell time.

A guy under 50 who wears a wristwatch is no different than a guy who wears a gold necklace or a pinky ring. It's jewelry.

And if you can't admit that your watch is nothing more than show-off jewelry, you are very likely a douche.

2. badexcuse

badexcuse 1,000+ Posts

3. kicksumass

kicksumass 100+ Posts

4. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

What do you want to bet that Fried has a very elaborate myspace page?

5. DCA_HORN

DCA_HORN 500+ Posts

So I can't have a big name watch or car without being a dbag?

6. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

Yup, that is the Hornfans Way.

You are allowed to drive a minivan and wear a Timex, and not be considered a d-bag. Any other types/brands are unacceptable.

7. DCA_HORN

DCA_HORN 500+ Posts

What if I am listening to Coldplay while driving said minivan and wearing the Timex?

8. CaptainEd

CaptainEd 1,000+ Posts

then you'd be a d-bag at any point after their 2nd cd. [​IMG]

and f**k mr. pickles' opinion. i like watches.

9. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

10. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

A man wears a watch.

11. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

I'm 35, I'm an electrical engineer working in high tech, I've been programming computers since I was ten years old, and I wear a watch (it's a Seiko, not a Timex, so I guess I'm a d-bag too).

12. LazyEngineer

LazyEngineer 500+ Posts

I'm thinking of buying a vintage Rolex like this:
    [​IMG]

Does that make me a douche?

13. CaptainEd

CaptainEd 1,000+ Posts

no. that's a sharp watch. check preownedrolex.com out of tennessee to avoid tax. i haven't used bernardwatch.com, but they are in austin and seem to have a good selection.

14. CelisHorn

CelisHorn 100+ Posts

15. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

I went to the bank today during lunch and looked at my watch to check the time! [​IMG]

16. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

Official wristwatch of the Deutsch.

[​IMG]

17. swc.lives.on

swc.lives.on 500+ Posts

[​IMG]

My wife bought me one of these a couple of years ago. I have a stainless Submariner I bought when I was in the Marines in 1984. Both of them had to be repaired this year. Ouch.

18. Texas_Rocks

Texas_Rocks 500+ Posts

There really needs to be a solid guidline on what constitutes a D-Bag.

19. Homesickhorn

Homesickhorn 100+ Posts

20. killerfrog17

killerfrog17 250+ Posts

21. jadubya

jadubya 25+ Posts

There is a solid guideline for what constitutes a douche.......I believe that if you are checking this board for "permission" on what to buy/not buy/wear/not wear........welcome to doucheville.

22. Endust

Endust 500+ Posts

that vintage Rolex is ******* sweet.