Officiating has to be fixed

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by HTownBevo, Sep 17, 2022.

1. HTownBevo

HTownBevo 250+ Posts

Evers hit no target. Defenders intent was well on display. Overshown let up - raised his head - official watching the play never grabbed at his flag.

Way to many $ at stake to let knuckleheads be part of the equation. Need officials that are accountable

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. oilburner

oilburner 100+ Posts

Hopefully, there will be a favorable review this week to clear Overshawn & free him up so we can use him all next game.

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Some of these refs aren't qualified to pick up trash at the mall

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

And they threw a “targeting” flag against him
    against Bama but had to call it off because he did not even touch Young

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Agreed, but it's going to take drastic measures. As long as they can get away with screwing Texas they will.

7. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Get rid of the targeting penalty, and simply enforce the old “spearing” penalty.

8. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

This is the reason Ive been wanting out of the B12 for 20 years - the refs are corrupt. They screw Texas every chance they get and its been going on since the inception of the B12.

9. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

If I’m not mistaken, the refs last night were not from the Big 12 but rather from the AAC, UTSA’s conference.

On the Overshown call I agree that they got it wrong. The call should’ve been overturned, understanding that there was no use of the crown of the helmet— Overshown didn’t duck or lead with the crown, and the facemask contact with incidental. But I don’t believe the call was malicious by the refs.

10. Phil Elliott

It cant be overturned when the overturner is the one making the targeting call.

11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

No field referees threw a flag. It was created out of thin air.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

To quote the great Walter Anderson, "Sounds like sour grapes to me just because your team lost"

My reply, "I realize that your education at that elitest academic academy in Huntsville gives you thoughts of superiority, but I have checked with friends that graduated from Stanford, SMU, TCU, Rice, A&M, OU, & oSu, and guess what - 45 is more than 35 everywhere except Sugar Land. Get some new ******** for your pathetic excuses for incompetence.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Duke,

You are correct about them not being Big XII, but Derek and the dominos would make a better band than they do officiating crew.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. jmac11234

jmac11234 100+ Posts

Every good hit is now a targeting call, whether it fits the definition or not.

15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

As noted on the radio, RB’s lower their head when getting tackled. The rule is ridiculous

16. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

The “Booth” caked for the targeting foul, not the refs on the field. Since the “Booth” call for a targeting foul and would also determine if it was targeting. Surprise, they decided it was.

17. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Yeah, I am sure the Big 12 refs will do the right thing and overturn the “Booth review”.

How many years have you observed the Big 12 refs do the “right thing”.

18. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

Agree that we have seen blown calls vs Bama especially (most likely cost Horn's the game) and 1 for sure vs Roadrunners. Against Bama they were very instrumental in the loss. Against the Roadrunners, the call against Oversown was detrimental to Overshown as he will be deprived of being on the field vs TT......that is just wrong!!!! Also seems to have also been a blown call on the touchdown to be ruled a TD when the player was ruled to legally come back into the field of play and awared a catch when he clearly lost control of the ball when falling to turf.

Noted that Sark was doing his best to no avail, to see that the refs made a huge mistake. Would TH have gone to bat for his player as Sark did? These players are blessed to have Shark as their leader! Been a need since Brown stepped down......

I do not believe the calls made by the booth or referees are because of a dislike for UT, but horrendous calls, some absolutley missed blown call. Maybe they dont fully understand the rules of football or other sports but this should have been overturned immediately.....!!

It is essential for all officals whether on the field or upstairs, to be reviewed and an emphaisis be made on all officials to be more conscious to their responibilties. Perhaps offials who make and uphold really bad calls, that the supervisors admit to, shold be held accountable and be expelled for minimum of 1 game.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  19. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

I am pretty sure that both Texas and Oklahoma can count on stellar officiating for the rest of their tenure with the Irate Eight.

:cowrose:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Mike & Cooper were really good, but Anderson removed them to the NFL when I hoped one of them would be the new head of Big XII officials. This **** all started when the Big XII refused to appoint Faulkner head of Big XII officials when the Big XII was formed. He never let his love for A&M to enter into any game he officiated. Great man, and the Big XII would have been MUCH better off with him instead of Walt Anderson, BUT we all know who and what Donnie Duncan was - I warned Deloss that allowing him into his position in Las Colinas would ultimately embarrass the Big XII. Sorry to say I was right.

21. TEXAS1983

TEXAS1983 250+ Posts

This.

I also counted several shoves/hits on our players out of bounds not called. If its close at all, we'll get little benefit of the doubt from this conference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Your Wrong

Your Wrong 500+ Posts

OU received the most beneficial officiating against us last year of anyone. Had some help versus KU too. Not sure anything will be held against them.

23. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

There's about 1% chance DMO's penalty will be overturned. There's a greater chance of additional penalties and suspensions being added.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. BLucky

BLucky 250+ Posts

There was comment about the refs where I was sitting concerning the clock. I have a full understanding of the play clock and when it's run and when it's reset. There was more than once that the play clock was reset for no apparent reason. I can't say Texas didn't get something as a result. It seemed like there were times where the referees thought "OH, that team wasn,t ready...reset the clock. I clearly remember one play after a changeover, they signaled the play clock to start. rr over on the sideline doing who knows what. When they finally trotted out, they reset the play clock. My wife got tired of me saying "Why do they even bother with the play clock?" Of course, she probably gets tired of a lot of things I say...

25. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Phil,
    Wait until Texas is a newbie in the $EC. Expect no major calls against the $EC opponent for a season or two. They will slowly become more honest except for when playing Georgia or Alabama at home.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Since it was not a Big 12 officiating crew won't the objection have to be taken to the NCAA?

27. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

It was mentioned several times in the game that the Big 12 would be the entity to decide this.

• Like Like x 1
  28. EMJ426

EMJ426 250+ Posts

A little to this thread, but the Bama crew is the same Big XII crew that screwed Charlie Strong and Texas by to back to back personal foul penalties putting OSU in field goal range. We just need to move on to the SEC, but I am sure we will have a rough couple of years until we establish ourselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  29. HTownBevo

HTownBevo 250+ Posts

Of course, she probably gets tired of a lot of things I say...

I can relate - Man, I enjoy Gameday!

30. Phil Elliott

On The Horn yesterday, Craig Way said the B12 only passes along the appeal from UT to a national board that hears all the appeals for the NCAA.

Of course, DeMo's bust for pot over the weekend may make it a moot point.

Edit: just heard on the radio that the reporting on this was wrong and the arrest was last Dec.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2022