OG Patrick Hudson (Jun 29, 2016 COMMIT)

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Godz40acres, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

[​IMG]
    Patrick Hudson ..... Silsbee (Silsbee, TX)
    :hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem:-horn ..... OT ..... 6-5.5/325 ..... Bailor TEXAS

Although committed to Bailor since he was 6 years old, there are rumblings that this 5-star beast is warming to The Good Guys - this in spite of the fact that he has yet to meet our new coaches, Gilbert and Mattox, due to the Dead Period. HD reported that, "he has not shut down his recruitment, is still very interested in Texas, and looks forward to meeting both of UT's new coaches."

Per 247Sports:
    A big, long-armed offensive tackle that has some twitch to him athletically, Hudson is raw but he has a ton of ability. When he gets out and moves in space, you can see that he's got rare movement skills for a kid his size. As he tightens up his pass set, hand placement and is able to let his athleticism take over, he has a chance to develop into a special offensive tackle in college.

Per Scout:
    Mountain of a prospect, dominating the competition on the 4A level. And because of his enormous frame and power when Hudson gains the leverage advantage it’s over. He is raw as a prospect from a technique standpoint in pass pro, but for his size and frame he has good explosion and runs the field and pulls well -- at times clearing lanes 10-15 yards away from the line of scrimmage. He is likely strong enough to compete at the college level early.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There are conflicting reports on Hudson (as with so many)
    But, the best I cant tell, he really is in play for us
    And someone on another board just told me we are working the sister angle too
    Would be huge for us

3. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Per HornSports:
    Texas is still pushing really hard for Patrick Hudson. Hudson told me Coach Robinson keeps in constant communication with him and, as you can imagine, recruits are trying to get him to flip to the 'Horns.

As mentioned before, he plays things really close to the vest, but after my brief conversation with him I think other schools have an opportunity to flip Hudson. It will be difficult, as he has been committed to the Bears for the better part of 18 months, but I can tell you his commitment to Baylor isn't rock solid.

4. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Soild guy. I just hope he isn't the Murray of 2016 - use Texas to get concessions from the school he has been committed to for the past 18 months.

5. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Wasn't there an issue about wanting to go to school with his sister?

6. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

There's been talk about that off and on, but nothing has been verified to my knowledge.

7. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

First time I've heard of a 5-star described as raw and likely strong enough.
    He's a beast for sure though. Hope we get him.

8. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

By way of SpursTalk.com:

OrangeBloods saying OL Patrick Hudson of Silsbee will be taking an official visit to UT tomorrow.

• Like Like x 4
  9. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Tuesday?

10. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Apparently, that seems to be the gist of it. Now reported elsewhere too.

11. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Tuesss...day afffff...ter..noon

• Like Like x 2
  12. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Per TFB:
    We have been told Silsbee (TX) Baylor OL commit Patrick Hudson is heading to Austin today for a mid-week official visit to Texas. Word got out yesterday and after talking to a few people it seems like this was supposed to stay quiet until Hudson arrived at Texas.

Hudson will be the only visitor in town for his visit, which I suspect is better because he will have all the attention of the staff and he doesn’t seem like the guy who’d want to go out and party all night on an official visit. Hudson is a top priority of the Texas staff and I believe they will roll out the red carpet for him and his family.

Hudson’s mother did reach out to Super K this morning to see if Coach Robinson is indeed leaving. She told K that Robinson was their lead recruiter so we’ll see what impact, if any, his departure will have on Hudson and his mother.

After talking with a few people it’s tough to get much clarity about the chances Texas has in flipping Hudson. Some are optimistic and others simply aren’t citing that his connections to Baylor built over the past couple years are just too strong. But to be honest, in my own discussions with Hudson I’ve always found it difficult to get a read on him. So I don’t believe we will know the extent of Texas’ chances with Hudson until after the Texas visit. Right now Hudson is set to visit Texas A&M on the 22nd and Arkansas on the 31st, so he is checking out all his other options.

13. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Not worried about him going to visit aggy. This is a "get" if the players, coaches and in particular Mattox / Gilbert impress him. I think he will flip from Baylor, but where seems to be the only issue.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Close him out Charlie

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  15. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Coffee is for closers and Charlie is closing... I have a feeling this may be a surprise git!!

• Like Like x 2
  16. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

It appears to be confirmed now, that he did come yesterday and is now on campus.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Per TFB:
    This morning I spoke with a coach over at Silsbee High School which, as you all know, is the home of star OL and Baylor commit, Patrick Hudson. The coach confirmed that Hudson is indeed currently on his official visit to Texas. He headed over to Austin yesterday and will be there until tomorrow. I asked the coach if there was real interest in Texas and he said, “Patrick hasn’t missed school since he was in kindergarten…if he visits a place, especially in the middle of the week, there is real interest”.

Coach also mentioned that there are a few Texas faithful that are close to the Hudson family who have helped get Texas back at the table with Hudson. Hudson’s high school head coach was roommates with Art Briles at Houston; however I’m told that there has been no pressure to go to Baylor and this really will be a decision left to Hudson and his family. Also, as many of you know, Hudson has a twin sister who plans on participating in track at Baylor. However, the coach mentioned that she is open to Texas as well but could not make the visit to Austin this week.

I’m told that after his Texas trip, Hudson will take an official visit to Georgia this weekend.

18. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

I think the real sticking point may well be about what his sister would be offered at Texas, as per rumors. She needs to be admitted and I suppose allowed to take part in tracks. I guess we will find out what transpires. This would be a huge huge pickup, literally and figuratively, if Charlie pulls this off. He may not strike Gold on all the top guys he goes after in the end, but the man does make it plenty interesting in January by bringing back to dock ships that we thought had for sure sailed!

I guess I made the right decision to stay away till about Januay 20th to start really talking recruiting. With CS, that is pretty much when it gets interesting (unless there is a Malik deciding in December for early enrollment, or some 12 players in Florida suddenly getting a September offer)

• Like Like x 1
  19. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

It seems that one of those Texas faithful helping out with Hudson is Silsbee native, Mark Henry.

He is a very popular figure in Silsbee.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Another poster said, "Higs says Mom and Sister didn't make the trip with Hudson. There is another visitor there with him though."

----------

Hummmmm... Maybe Art Biles?

21. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Mark Henry

22. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Maybe Briles wanted to see what the Kingdom of Heaven of College coaching looks like before returning to that hell hole of Baylor in Waco.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  25. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Oh, yeah - he's in!

From L to R:
    1. OG Patrick Vahe
    2. Vahe's interpreter
    3. Coach Charlie Strong in his Mark Henry disguise
    4. The Man With No Name
    5. OT PATRICK HUDSON
    6. Some guy who did something playing some sport somewhere

• Like Like x 5
  26. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

HAKA!

• Like Like x 1
  27. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

OB is reporting they spoke to a source out of Silsbee and while Hudson had a great time in Austin, they believe he's still very solid to Baylor.

28. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

I wonder if Hudson's sister's status has anything to do with him being solid on Baylor.

29. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

That's what I've heard/read. Don't know how true it is.

30. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Hudson made 1st Team All-State.

• Like Like x 2