OJ brutally beaten in prison

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Bevo Incognito, Feb 15, 2011.

1. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

The story was false, a lie, fabricated. Google it.

2. Texasboozer

Texasboozer 25+ Posts

UPDATE: Turns out Juice is just fine, as a Nevada Correctional spokesman told CBSSports.com that there was "no truth whatsoever" to the story.

3. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

i find it funny that people are worried about prisoners so much. yeah, it sucks. it's prison. it is a whole nother society in there and you better find out exactly where you stand pretty quickly. people like OJ are best off paying someone to protect them while in prison. i understand the sentiment, and the feeling that prison fighting and rape should not be part of the sentence.

however, our prison system is setup better than most... and there isn't a civilized country in the world with more people in prison than the us. its hard enough to protect society from them, much less them from each other.

it's part of the deal. you kill people, you rob, you have to deal with these type of "problems." if you don't, you won't.

and white color criminals are rarely, and if so usually briefly, incarcerated with the most violent criminals. however, you need to remember that OJ is a violent criminal, so he is exactly where he should be.... dealing with exactly the type of people he should be dealing with.

4. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

Thanks for explaining the world to me. I was very confused before, now you have straightened me out. We should all be happy to sanction brutality and rape. We should just own up to it and specify it in the sentencing.

"You are hereby sentenced to five years in prison subject to rape, brutal beatings, stabbings and possible death."

Has a nice ring to it.

(I do seem to recall agreeing with not really on other issues. We're at odds on this one.)

5. AustinTejasFan

AustinTejasFan 1,000+ Posts

"UPDATE: Turns out Juice is just fine, as a Nevada Correctional spokesman told CBSSports.com that there was "no truth whatsoever" to the story."

TDCJ regularly denies this type of brutality occurs in Texas prisons. Why would Nevada be any different?

6. ImissWallyPryor

ImissWallyPryor 1,000+ Posts

In reply to:

7. everybodygodeep

everybodygodeep 500+ Posts

The only thing worse would be if he and a friend were spabbed to death and had their throat slit by a jealous ex. Oh wait, that happened elsewhere

8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

9. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Everyone will eventually come to understand that everybody gets what's coming to them. After all, that is a big part of why we are right where we're at.

10. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

11. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

i didn't mean to sound all preachy. but i think i have a bit of experience in this matter. if you've read my posts you know that i wasn't always a good kid, and not to shy away from it, but i've been to jail for extended periods of time. not months, but weeks. drug related, non violent crime.

i'm sure my friends here will have fun with that fact. but you'll never hear me judge 20 year old kids like romance taylor. i was an idiot when i was younger, so i can understand to a degree.

but i divulge it "again" to say that you don't need to be feeling sorry for these people. i'm a regular guy. i work in a cubicle. i'm a little more athletic than average, but by no means am i intimidating.

there are some different rules in jail. one of which is, shut your mouth unless you are willing to back up "everything" you say. meaning that you have to be careful what type of stories and what type of opinions you throw around in jail. common sense? you'd be ******* surprised.

bottom line is, i've seen quite a few assbeatings, but no assraping. that is more of a thing you see where people are doing hard time. 10-20 years. and on the assbeatings, most of them were deserved. some were not. but the thing about jail is, its not really a matter of win or lose or even right or wrong. its a matter of whether you are "willing" to fight. its a very important thing. most guys will have to fight somebody, sometime, if you are locked up for a month or more. if you go to prison you should expect to fight immediately. as long as you fight back, you'll be fine. if someone steals something, you HAVE to smack them. it's like living with cavemen. words are not important.

so i don't mean to talk down to you. but i can see OJ and his big *** head talking right now. and somebody in that jail saying, "somebody go shut that dude up."

OJ is a big boy. he can take care of himself. if he can't, he can afford to pay somebody. you shouldn't feel sorry for him or me. i was in jail because i couldn't pass a urine test after being charge with possession. i put myself in a situation where i had to deal with the absolute worst people on the earth. the dirtiest, most ignorant, dangerous people you come across on a daily basis. it was a choice, just like killing a person was a choice. it's unfortunate that "some" people are put in a bad situation and they are unable to defend themselves. however, that is the exception... not the rule.

12. stevedallas

stevedallas 500+ Posts

I do not have to condone something to like the fact it was done.

13. omnipresent

omnipresent 1,000+ Posts

True Steve, but you realize this was a rumor-right?

14. now i'm just pissed at notreally for wasting that post on the 4th page of an oj thread.
    by the way, were the people in jail as ignorant and dirty as the people in norman? (oh come on, you knew that was coming!)

15. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

16. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I think the point is, most people would not think it just if a minor drug possession prisoner were brutalized, but if I may speak for most of us, I think most would think justice was served if something very bad happened to O.J. Simpson.

17. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

18. AustinTejasFan

AustinTejasFan 1,000+ Posts

"(not the shoplifter or small time pot dealer) "

Oh the humanity.

19. tholly

tholly 1,000+ Posts

I doubt it happened. I refuse to believe the NCAA would allow a USC grad be punished.

20. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

I have no problem with the idea of Simpson spending the rest of his life in prison, but I don't particularly want his life to be ended prematurely because some other inmate is looking for credibility by killing him.

21. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

22. TXR

TXR 25+ Posts