OK Kids, Let's Play 2018-19 Starting Lineup!

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Zig72, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

As BabHorn pointed out in another post, he thinks of the starting lineup as merely a position-by-position placeholder. I think he meant that figuratively, but it also applies literally. Your assigned position (#1 to #5) in Coach's structure defines where you need to be and your responsibilities on the court. Not just on offense and defense, but in the press and in-bound plays. Woe be to the player who either does not know her position or is out of position! Fortunately, this team is further along in this regard than any past Aston Texas team.

There are almost an infinite number of possibilities for the 2018-2019 starting lineup...we have that much flexible talent. Playing time will definitely be earned. There may also be a big difference in who starts in the first game, and who starts in the first B12 game. For instance, I would be shocked if Seniors Jatarie and Lashon did not start on day 1. That may or may not apply to the Big12 schedule as younger players get their footing.

So this game is a challenge....we haven't even seen the 2017 season. WARNING: For entertainment purposes only. Gasp, I wouldn't want Coach to think we armchair coaches know better!

There are only two rules. 1) Pick your starting lineup for B12 play, and 2) You can put an "OR" on only one position. After all, a real coach has to actually make a decision.

Also, we are aware that a starting lineup does not preclude a 6th or 7th man from getting equal minutes or even more minutes than a starter. In fact, that outcome is common. But you have to start somewhere, and this exercise exposes how difficult and speculative this loaded roster makes this fantasy game.

I'll go first:
    5: Charli. ---- When Charli gets the ball, she WILL score. Also, the better shot blocker.
    4: Joyner OR Rellah ---- This will be a 2.5-year battle for playing time.
    3: Sedona ---- Will be a handful for her defender.
    2: Chasity ----Tough call. Destiny can bring it too.
    1: Sug ---- Breakout year in 2017-18.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

kinda early for 2018. Thought at first that you were talking about 2017-18.
    For 2018, I will go with experience:
    Jatarie
    Joyner
    LaShann
    Alecia
    Chasity

• Like Like x 1
  3. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I like Babhorns lineup but with Alecia at the point(1).

4. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

My line up is a little unconventional but tall and athletic.

Charile or Jatarie
    Holmes
    Boothe (she is versatile and can play many positions but needs to be on the court)
    Higgs
    Patterson

5. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I’m leaning on Coach Aston’s history of playing more experienced players early unless the freshman is head and shoulders above every other option (Joyner):
    Jatarie
    Rellah
    Joyner
    Chasity
    Sug

That being said, I’d guess we’ll be seeing a LOT of rotation at the 4-5 positions. I’d be surprised if any one of them (Jatarie/Rellah/Charli/Sedona/Khaleann) averaged more than 20-24 minutes a game in 2018.

• Like Like x 1