OK. So NOW What?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Bevo71, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Bevo71

Bevo71 500+ Posts

What changes will Mack make this week, if any?

Why is this team so bad???

Coaching for one thing, but I also think we lack leaders and talent at QB. The players dont believe in him.
    Then again, it would help f the receivers lived up to their recruiting reviews.
    Is it a sense of entitlement? They thought wins would be just handed to them just for putting on the uniform? Other teams would lay down and die when they saw the mighty Longhorns come onto the field?
    EARN THE RIGHT.
    Their claim to "fame" will be as one of the worst teams in UT football history.

2. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

nothing changes imo

it is now up to the players to muster up the will to and find something to play for...it is an inside job.

3. Kaiser Sose

Kaiser Sose 100+ Posts

I have a hard time putting much on Gilbert at this point. The kid wasn't perfect but he was still pretty dang good, considering the poor OL play, the dropped passes, etc.

The sad thing though is that I don't think Mack truly knows what to do. I think everyone is working hard, but no one really knows what to do.

I think the great QBs we had during our last 6.5 seasons made everyone around them, including the coaches, look better than they are.

4. utstudboy

utstudboy 250+ Posts

FIRE GREG DAVIS [​IMG]

5. BigH

BigH < 25 Posts

Alright, the right plays were called but the kids didn't get it done. How many passes were dropped....%$#@ yup-we're in rut right now....but we will be back. Different outcome all together if we would have made the plays. Frustration brought on the stupid penalties....that has to stop.

6. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

HONESTLY, it took me a good eight years to get used to everyone catching everything that was thrown to them...I come from an era where the pass was used as a LAST RESORT...

7. b UT ful

b UT ful 250+ Posts

Obviously they're not as good as those players. Give em a break.

8. Horn-N-LA

Horn-N-LA 1,000+ Posts

Mack could just forfeit the next 4 games and save everyone the hassle of traveling to the games and spending way too much for water/cokes and food.
    And he and Twomey could start earlier on fixing the team for next year.

9. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

Twomey? [​IMG]

10. Finger Likcin'

Finger Likcin' 250+ Posts

They finish 2-2 and it's up to Bellmont and big money donors after that.

11. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

What's funny is that some of you guys really do want coaches fired right now. Somehow having no coach will work better than having a bad coach.

Folks we're more than halfway through the year - those of you hoping that there's some safety or WR out there who is going to magically develop skills and experience and be good enough to start at this point are kidding yourself. I can think of maybe two or three spots where we could make legit starting position changes. Other than that, who on the bench do we really think should be playing right now?

We're in the deep end of the pool. At this point it's on the players to catch the ball and cover their assignments, and it's on the coaches to decide to either stop calling the guys' numbers who can't do it or be content to make the same mistakes from here on out.

12. stormhorn

stormhorn 250+ Posts

13. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

finish 2-2, go to a bowl and win that game

build for next year and gain steam for a run in 2012

we are 2 years out and no one is leaving for the NFL early.

14. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Now we find out who the fans are.

15. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts