1. BUYING OR SELLING TICKETS ON THIS FORUM

If you are buying or selling tickets via the Swap Meet forum, read this post first.

This forum is for listing tickets to UT athletic events only — sales of other items or events is prohibited.

All logged-in members may post new threads in this forum as well as reply to, edit, and delete their own threads.

OK Someone Explain Why No Sales Here

Discussion in 'Swap Meet' started by HORN60, Aug 24, 2011.

1. HORN60

HORN60 100+ Posts

I have posted season tickets for sale for two years in a row here, my prices aligned with StubHub, etc.

I notice in monitoring the SwapMeet that almost no one buys tickets here, almost at any price.

Can someone give me a reason/s?

Thanks

2. Turtle

Turtle 25+ Posts

Over the past several years I have purchased most of my tickets through hornfans. This year I finally bought someone's season tickets through hornfans.

I am not sure about your pricing with stubhub, they are usually a little bit more pricey but on hornfans I usually pay face value or below for tickets. Usually only OU game or when playing a high-ranked opponent do I pay over face value.

3. Great Hills Horn

Great Hills Horn 100+ Posts

I just sold my tickets today to a fellow Hornfans member.

Perhaps your asking price was too high.

4. YeaOrange

YeaOrange 25+ Posts

I'm thinking supply and demand, too. Season tickets are available from the UT box office. OU tickets are available to $150 donors. For no good reason, interest is low at the moment. I just sold my Rice tickets, at a loss. Maybe things will turn around after we hammer UCLA.

5. REALBIGHORNFAN

REALBIGHORNFAN 250+ Posts

5-7 record. Not much has changed from last season (on the field). Gilbert is still the QB. Apathy is rampant.

I used to sell tickets like hotcakes on this board during the early part of the summer. This is the most apethetic summer since the Mackovic era. Hope things change.

6. Great Hills Horn

Great Hills Horn 100+ Posts

7. REALBIGHORNFAN

REALBIGHORNFAN 250+ Posts

Both UT and re-sellers are finding out that you cannot charge $75-$100 per ticket for an inferior product. This is why you can go to an SMU game for $5-$10. Not saying we're SMU, but a 5-7 record is a hard sell.

8. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

Most deals are done via email or PM and are done in relative obscurity so they are unseen by the board. I have also noticed that once a deal is made, the vast majority of posts are not properly edited or deleted and so it looks like there are not any deals being done.

9. omnipresent

omnipresent 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG] I corresponded with 4 members and purchased 2 tickets, all via email or PM. Whatcha got and how much?

10. YeaOrange

YeaOrange 25+ Posts

I edited my "For Sale" post to say - SOLD

11. HORN60

HORN60 100+ Posts

I should have mentioned that last year and this I sold my tickets here for the asking price. The situation was unusual, however -- the buyer had seats in my section and wanted extra tickets there for relatives.

12. Pogo

Pogo 250+ Posts

You sold last year. After no offers this year, you haven't lowered your asking price since 7/15. Good salesmen are willing to negotiate.

13. HORN60

HORN60 100+ Posts

Pogo,

If your comment was to me, I said I sold my tickets both last year and this year here. I also lowered the price this year, but not by much.

What I have noticed, regardless of my sales, is that almost no one else is making sales here.

14. hookem1982

hookem1982 250+ Posts

I'll buy a parking pass for the Rice game if you have one??

15. omnipresent

omnipresent 1,000+ Posts

So, you've sold tickets here 2 yrs, there's 20 +/- others posting tickets for sale currently...uhhh..am I missing something? I've seen a few posts deleted after sale just the past week [​IMG] Have you been drinking with aggy?

16. HORN60

HORN60 100+ Posts

omnipresent,

I sold my tickets under unusual circumstances. Other than that, in two years, there were no offers.

I really don't see the necessity of your post --- my question was prompted by scanning the list of offers day after day and seeing almost no takers.

My math out does yours on this.

17. omnipresent

omnipresent 1,000+ Posts

You're absolutely right - I'm more interested in seeing Serg, Rak & Ricky than to continue this silliness. Good luck grump

18. HORN60

HORN60 100+ Posts

omnipresent,

I asked a simple question. No implications. No problems.

You made no attempt to answer my question, just a swarmy remark about something which you got wrong by not reading my updates. There's no real reason for you take your time and add nothing more than a couple of smart replies. Both your posts are a pique of nonsense.

19. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

For the record, I have 2 tickets in section 106 for sale... Just reduced to $800 [​IMG]

20. tsmith44

tsmith44 25+ Posts

From my experiences selling and buying, most of the folks on Hornfans are a little more savvy than you'll find on Craigslist or Stubhub (i.e. they're probably not looking for broker prices). You have to target your market accordingly. On my own personal rant - it's better to have no deal than to have someone renege on you. Unfortunately, speaking from a recent experience on Hornfans.

21. YeaOrange

YeaOrange 25+ Posts

Every single ticket that I have sold via Hornfans I have put in the mail before getting money from my buyer, and I have NEVER had someone not send me a check for our agreed price. Many tickets I've sold were for non-premium games and I've taken a loss on those. I've also gotten a small premium for other more popular games. And when I can attend a game, I return to my seats. I have no complaints about the Swap Meet.

22. HORN60

HORN60 100+ Posts

My two tickets have been sold (as mentioned before)
    and delivered.

23. omnipresent

omnipresent 1,000+ Posts

This thread is a front runner in the WTH?? category for '11 [​IMG]