OK STATE GAME THREAD

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by harry_horns, Sep 26, 2015.

1. -Texas-

-Texas- 250+ Posts

When the team is winning, that might do the trick but a winning record needs to happen first.

2. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

It is beginning to be difficult to FOCUS! We have made progress but we need to start winning these type games especially at home.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Punt took eyes off ball and missed. Picked it up and tried to punt it, left footed mind you, and it traveled about .06 centimeters.

It was something to witness.

4. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Just left the game. There several questionable calls and the one above made no sense at all. Still another week of last minute breakdown that cost us a shot in OT. At this point, we finish 3-9 or 4-7.

The guys are too undisciplined, miss blocks, drops, and loss of focus at critical times. What a crap carnival this has become.

• Like Like x 2
  5. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

Yep Joe, it's getting very difficult to FOCUS, as Bill said above.

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Scipio goes off on them

We just witnessed a highway robbery. Comparable to the NBA at the height of the Tim Donaghy scandal, when entire NBA playoff series were determined by whistles and fabricated calls and lead NBA company men like Joey Crawford were being convicted of felony fraud.

The game outcome was determined by the officiating crew. Any other viewpoint is ignorant of objective and empirical reality. Right now, I'm simply interested in determining what kind of human garbage we're dealing with: pro Cowboy or anti-Texas game riggers, corrupt gamblers, straight up racists who want to undercut a predominantly black coaching staff at the state Flagship or simply petty small men who decided early on they were going to "get" Texas for some unknown slight. I truly don't know. I've just never seen anything so blatantly purposeful in a football game.

At least one official on this crew was an interested party with a compelling interest in a desired game outcome. Hoopleheads will point to Michael Dickson's fumbled punt as the "play of the game" but the game outcome had already been altered a half dozen times upstream from that.

Let me repeat - because I know what the league, talking heads and idiots are going to say in response - this has nothing to do with incompetence. Or mistakes. Or normal human error. We saw multiple instances of calculated fabrication - all against one team, all at key moments in the game flow. A drunk driver is incompetent. A bank robber is calculating.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  7. Boomer Sooner

Boomer Sooner 25+ Posts

How does number 95 on your team not know that if you get tackled, it means that you are holding?:smile1:

That should be a fireable offense. It offends me as a fan of football.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Miracle ending for TCU
    This game was nuts

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Twice Strong changed direction and the official turned and followed him.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  12. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

Coach Strong Blew that one. I agree with him, but you have to make your point and back off

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

14. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I still think they had to mean someone other than Poona on the hold and just messed up the number. There were several camera angles that didn't show about half the team on that play. It's entirely plausible that someone else could have been holding near the front seven. It's truly the only explanation.

We could have kept them out of FG range if Strong had backed the f**k off.

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I suggested same thing as Scipio early in game

16. kobs1776

kobs1776 100+ Posts

I have been watching ALL levels of football for over 40 years, that call was the most egregious I have ever seen!

• Like Like x 1
  17. kobs1776

kobs1776 100+ Posts

DISAGREE TOTALLY!

18. kobs1776

kobs1776 100+ Posts

Have watched replay that was saved on my DVR. That game officiating was putrid! Utterly PUTRID!
    If that is the best refs we can obtain then we are SCREWED! That ref ran into Coach Strong and then threw the flag! WTFO??????

19. kobs1776

kobs1776 100+ Posts

The Scipio article is SPOT ON!
    I still have the utmost respect and support for this team and our coach! I am NOT a fair weather fan!

• Like Like x 1
  20. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

21. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

We got jobbed big time. I get it, but you have to know the game situations. In one angle, I think you can see coach Bedford moving toward coach Strong and saying "No". Players will see coach Strong as having their back and fighting for them will be the only good thing to come out of this game.

22. eastexhorn

eastexhorn 250+ Posts

Strong helped the team lose but the penalty wasnot it.

23. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Coach Strong did not blow anything. That game was stolen from us in an efficient, targeted, calculated manner. Two td's called back cost us points. Two phantom major penalties on one play that single handedly put osu in field goal range.

Seventeen points. That's the margin of victory the team actually put on the board. The phantom calls on the field reversed the outcome.

Had Coach Strong not been penalized that ref would have simply called something else to move the line where it needed to be to ensure that Coach Strong and the players were denied the victory that the team deserved.

The questions remain are why; And who? Racists Strong haters? UT haters? Patterson haters who want Strong gone to finish the eraser of all things Patterson? Mack lovers who want to punish UT for Macks firing?

Scipio was dead on with his analysis.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

I thought it was terrible officiating in the stands. Rewatching the game this morning.... I think our team is very undisciplined. Almost all of the penalties were blatent and directly in front of the officials. Zork or someone said our fans sound like the fat man at kansas, nebraska fans, iowa state fans or aggy right now.

25. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

So they were all correct calls?

I deleted the game, could not watch it again.

26. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

They were not all correct calls. However, there was no conspiracy. We committed almost all of the penalties. My theory is we got the defensive holding call after all the booing of the correct call the play before.

27. kobs1776

kobs1776 100+ Posts

NO! That was horribly putrid officiating! Scipio was dead on! And NO I don't sound like Aggie or anyone else

28. kobs1776

kobs1776 100+ Posts

On the defensive holding call, Poona was nearly tackled by the OSU lineman. If you watch the video of the bogus call against Coach Strong, coach Strong tries to avoid the ref and changes direction twice. The ref actually bumps into Coach Strong.
    That officiating crew should be suspended indefinitely!

29. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Thanks Htown glad to get your take.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts