OK Watch Party?

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Karen, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Karen

Karen 25+ Posts

Is there a watch party planned for the Oklahoma game in the 28th? Does anyone know if the space will be adults only (a bar) or child-friendly?

2. geewago

geewago 100+ Posts

Just drive up there. Traffic on 35 is a piece of cake.

3. Karen

Karen 25+ Posts

Lamar Blvd is about as far as I want to go.

4. ajoetxwbb

ajoetxwbb 25+ Posts

Yes, there will be an OU watch party on Thurs., Dec. 28 @ 7 p.m. All watch parties for this season will be at the Local Post Pub. It's a family friendly restaurant and pub. We had kids at the Texas vs. Tennessee watch party. All fans are welcome!

The Local Post Pub
    7113 Burnet Rd
    Austin, TX 78757
    http://thelocalpost.pub/

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  5. Karen

Karen 25+ Posts

Thanks so much. We watch away games at home usually, but I don't have Fox Sports OK on my cable line-up.

6. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Official watch party invite.

7. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Ahhh, until you mentioned this I hadn't realized it would be an obscure Fox channel that I won't be able to get in Austin. I've been spoiled assuming almost all events away would be televised.

And it took me a while to realize that "The Local Post" = "Old Dallas Nightclub"
    location. They gutted it and started over, as I recall from driving past it the last year or so.

8. Karen

Karen 25+ Posts

I'm not feeling well and was hoping to watch the game on Fox-GO online but it doesn't seem to include Fox Sport Oklahoma. Anyone know how to watch it online? I have Spectrum cable, so usually I can log on and watch games online on Fox and ESPN.

9. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I was going to kick off a Texas vs. OU game thread, but then....the only people who will be able to comment on it are those who are watching it in person in Norman or those at this watch party.

Anyhoo, I was wondering what OU's record was like at this point. I know that they had lost a few. So I did a Google and did a double-take on what I saw. That was a few days ago, and it's still up:
    [​IMG]

Well sheesh, I think we're also 1st in the Big 12. And by they way, so is Tech, TCU, and Baylor and West Virginia, and so on......

Also, it's interesting that when you do get to the Sooner's web site to look at their schedule, they don't list the won-lost record at the top. You have to go manually count how many games they've played and then count the wins to deduce their record.

They're 6-7 by the way.

Welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  10. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

The Texas WBB twitter feed lists:

"Fox Sports SW / Fox College Sports, Central"

My Spectrum (Austin) TV channel finder lists:
    [​IMG]
    I guess I'll try to hit all these channels to see if I can luck into the game from home.

11. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Austin: channel 373 tonight

12. Austin Bear

Austin Bear < 25 Posts

I found the game on the FoxSportsgo website, too.

13. Karen

Karen 25+ Posts

14. Karen

Karen 25+ Posts

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I have ATT Uverse . My guide (Austin area) indicates it is on channels 1751 (FSNOKH), 1753 (FSDAHD), and 1755 (FSHOHD).

16. Karen

Karen 25+ Posts

Thanks! it's not free for me, but I will pay.

17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Think I heard Craig Way say that Destiny Littleton is not available tonight.

18. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

It's the end of the 1st quarter and OU STILL SUCKS!!

19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

35-17 Texas midway through 2nd qtr. Timeout OU. We are shooting 65% from the field.

20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Joyner enters game with 5:29 remaining in 2nd qtr.

21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

2 quick fouls on Joyner in 1 minute.

22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Lashann on fire with 14 points so far.

23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

We scored only 6 points in last 5:29 prior to halftime.

41-24.

24. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

90% of the game, I was like, "YES! Good job"
    Last 2 minutes of the game, "OMG, can we not in-bound the ball!?"
    The poor inbounding of the ball reminded me of the sloppy inbounding during the Tennessee game.

Also, veteran players like Ariel "checking out" and being picked while dribbling. ARGH!

• Like Like x 1
  25. Karen

Karen 25+ Posts

What a game!

26. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Love the way Texas came out to start the game. But at the end of the game we got a little too comfortable. I would like to see J. Underwood under the basket playing and defending. She was the Top Rebounder in DFW, coming out High School her Senior year. She is too slow to be trying to guard a Guard out Top. L.Higgs just Outstanding tonight.
    Hookem'

• Like Like x 2
  27. Karen

Karen 25+ Posts

Thanks again to my fellow fans for helping me find the channel on cable. My daughter and I had a great time watching the team. See everyone on New Year's Eve afternoon. Dress warm; it will be in the high twenties/low thirties when the game gets out.

• Like Like x 1
  28. LutherIsMyDog

Ditto my thoughts. We've got to find a way to inbound the ball under pressure or else other teams will have a blue print of how to rattle us. Always great to win a game when Brooke is held to under 10 points.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I'm gonna bite my tongue for the rest of the night. Will add my critique tomorrow.

Just grateful to get a road win at OU since forever. That was pretty much Coach A's feeling during the post-game radio interview with Craig Way and Fran Harris.

30. LutherIsMyDog

Looking forward to your observations.