Oklahoma - Game 2

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Chop, Mar 4, 2021.

1. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

:hookem: Very nice win against quality opponent. I really thought Texas needed to win three of the four road games to end season and sitting at 2-1 they now have that opportunity. WIn in Fort Worth and win a couple of games in the Big XII tourney and they can still be a three seed. Right now anything less than a sweet sixteen berth is a disappointing end to the year. Everything is in front of this team now if they just step up and take it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  2. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

I do not understand the inbounds play we have run twice, including tonight, 2/3 court to Brown tonight and and to K Jones against KSU, I think.

A dangerous pass. I would prefer a.short inbound to A Jones or Ramey, but not to Coleman who is a good FT shooter except at the end of a tight game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Kruger should have had Kuath in there a lot during the 1st half, and as much as possible throughout the game. Sims ran wild during the 1st half. In comes Kuath, who put a partial damper on our inside game, here and there. Sims was still the better performer on O, but he wasn't the unstoppable scoring machine that he was in the 1st half.

• Like Like x 1
  4. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I saw it a bit differently. Our guards reacted to ou’s half time adjustment of turning up their defensive pressure—putting in Kuath to “protect the rim”; everyone else running our guards off the three point line— resulted in our guards over dribbling, disrupting our motion and passing lanes.
    With about four minutes left, after ou took the lead, Shaka called a time out. Shortly after that we ran a play that left Sims open for a monster dunk. That woke us up and Ramey stepped back into two threes, Coleman hits the J and the rest is history.
    The play to Sims big dunk was the pivotal play in the game, IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

That was a great play. Of Sims' multiple dunks, that one was pivotal.

It was the time that Kuath was in there down low when our offense dried up for a long period.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Don't forget the team blew a 10 point halftime lead due to their base undisciplined play to start the second half.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

If Febres' knee is good to go, I wouldn't mind seeing him get more minutes and more shots. Maybe up to 1/2 of the available game time, if he's up to it. He's the 3 point ace that can ignite us.

Hamm hasn't exactly played well the last 4-5 games, but strange things happen with random Seniors come tournament time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

9. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Hamm has been somewhat disappointing. I'm sure he's wondering how to get his groove back. He's drifted into a place where he is making the foolish foul on a regular basis. I hope this changes. He has a lot of talent and heart.

A lot of our players leave their feet while defending when that is unnecessary and reckless--leading to a momentum killing foul.

• Agree Agree x 2