Oklahoma State - Game 2

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Chop, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Let's hope this is not the downfall of this team. Texas peaked early last season as well so I pray this is not the same case. I hate to bring this up now but we have now lost 4 out of our last 5 and if things don't change quick and in a hurry then there will be discussions regarding coaching changes:idk:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

We kept making excuses for this team. They’ve been playing poorly since Tech. They’re a very good team, but not the smartest. They frustrate me terribly.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Same story. Different year. Never seems to change. Loaded, and they cannot get it done. They played sloppy today, and lacked focus.

Might be downhill from here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Oh no. Not this **** again. Crap. We suck again!

5. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

every year of the Smart era is like groundhog day.

A well coached team would have taken it to the hoop since the 3's were not falling.

Do we practice in bounding the ball? Didn't we lose the TTU game on a failed in bound pass too.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Interesting stats for the Horns in this game:
    A. 5 for 35 three point shooting; 0 for 12 shooting in OT; 7 of the 12 shots in OT were 3's.
    B. 25% shooting for the game (includes OT)
    C. at the end of regulation 3 of osu's starters had 4 fouls. Why didn't Smart direct the players to go at those players to draw the foul?
    D. Texas has 21 turnovers

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  7. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

This is why I was so skeptical of the praise we were getting. We have the same exact guards as last year. If they're off, we lose. It doesn't matter how bad our opponent is.

Ramey has got to get it together. His shot selection and turnovers are absolutely killer.

8. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

they are the 2nd most talented team in the conference, I agree.
    the difference between the talent and their conference rank is coaching.

9. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Can’t win shooting like that. And it’s not like they were guarding us real tight. For the most part, we had open shots. We just couldn’t sink them.

10. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

^^^And that—when they just can’t sink them—is Smart’s problem. Since he has been here he has failed at coaching set plays that are inside, down low, opening lanes, hard rolling to the hoop. When the shots are falling, he’s an OK coach. But when The team has trouble—when shots aren’t falling—then Smart has no answer. Coleman frequently dribbles into a trap, or throws up a prayer. Sometimes the prayer is answered, sometimes not.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

If we can't buy a bucket, the best we can do is feed it inside to Kai. Kai's inside scoring ability significantly exceeds that of Sims (primarily a dunker) and Brown (who will be great, but is not a great inside scorer yet).