Oktoberfest

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by sylvester, Apr 6, 2012.

1. sylvester

sylvester 25+ Posts

Going to run the Berlin Marathon and looking for any suggestions on the easiest way to and from Munich for Oktoberfest....Beer Tents etc....any information would be greatly appreciated!

2. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

I went years ago. It was on a Saturday night, the last weekend of the event. You cannot drink, be served, a beer in the tents or outside unless you have a seat. many of the seats are reserved. I didn't speak German so it took me about an hour to find a seat and it turned out to be outside at a lesser beer tent because I didn't have one reserved.

I have no idea if the rules are the same now.

3. Lone Star

Lone Star 500+ Posts

Oktoberfest is quite a good time. It reminds me of the State Fair except on an even bigger scale.

From Berlin, take the ICE train to the main Munich Station. Reserve a train seat before you go to Germany, as the train will be full.

Reserve a platz at one of the tents. Go here to browse:
    The Link

Pace yourself. Great weekend to be in Munich.

4. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

I went last year for the first time. You need to be around 10 people to reserve seats i think. I went with a group from the biggest Danish bank, so we had tickets in a couple of tents.

You can find a seat in some of the big tents before 17.00, but you will have to leave when asked. Löwenbrau had picknick benches outside that didn't have reservations.

I'ts great and I wanna go back soon! The 1 L beers cost about 10 euros. Have fun!