OL Stars*****

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by zinger, Sep 3, 2014.

1. zinger

zinger 250+ Posts

With all the angst about our OL deficiencies, does anyone remember how they were rated ( Star wise ) by recruiting services coming out of high school? It's just hard to understand how we cannot put together a decent unit. How could we have missed evaluations on so many? They were all highly recruited by other big time D1schools and yet they were unable to dominate a No.Texas DL that was inexperienced and not nearly as prized coming out of high school.

2. bevo barry

bevo barry 500+ Posts

I can't answer your question, but for some "reverse schadenfreude" check out this story on the Stanford offensive line from this morning's USA Today. That's the kind of line I'd love to have. What makes it even more painful to read is the fact that Stanford is not exactly a school where you can major in basket-weaving or (like our good buds in Collie Station) in parks & recreation.

Read this and weep

3. HornTYS

HornTYS 100+ Posts

Quick glance from Rivals:

Estelle- 4*
    Flowers- 4*
    Espinosa-4*
    Perkins- 4*
    Hutchins- 3*

They shouldn't get man-handled by UNT....no matter what * they are.

4. zinger

zinger 250+ Posts

Thanks for the up-date on our "Stars". It's beyond me to understand why they aren't embarrassed that they can't overcome lesser talent. Was expecting that with the talent and size advantage we have that we would march straight down the field on our very 1st possession. Regardless of scheme it comes down to taking pride in beating the player you're set to block.