Olympics

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Jul 23, 2021.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Apparently the women soccer team lost their opening game after kneeling at start of the game.

f**k everyone of them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  2. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Who cares? I don’t.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Haven't cared or watched the last several olympics.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

One of the US flag bearers is a baseball player, son of a Cuban immigrant. There a few athletes worth cheering.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. horninchicago

There are probably some good people who own businesses in Chicago, but too bad for them that they associate with Chicago.

Since this is in West Mall, I can say that my feeling is the olympics has become politicized, so I don't care.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • poop poop x 1
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  6. Facing Addiction

Facing Addiction 1,000+ Posts

Seriously? If true then let them find their own way back home. They are there to represent their country. If they are there to represent their own feelings then they should have done that before accepting US Olympic funds and getting on the plane. Send the alternates in or forfeit. The Olympics are so much bigger than an individual's feelings.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Soccer players kneel to start new era of Olympic activism

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  8. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

But they are accurately representing their country. It's just a different country that you and I live in. At this point it is conceptual. At some point there needs to be a geographical distinction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

As of right now there are 28 countries who have already won a medal and the US is not one of them. The athletic powers of Mongolia, Estonia and Tunisia should feel good right now. I'm guessing they are more focused on training than how many genders there are or how oppressed they are being chosen to compete for their country on a world wide stage.

This is the first time since 1972 the US has been shut out on opening day.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  10. Facing Addiction

Facing Addiction 1,000+ Posts

Heard one of the swimmers tonight "I didn't see a lot of people that looked like me". I was like, what are you talking about, they're all like you. Strong muscular shoulders, narrow hips and long muscular legs. That's what swimmers look like....

Quit putting yourself in a box....... Obviously the USA Olympic committee didn't judge the color of your skin. Quit judging yourself on your skin color. Just swim your *** off.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Hateful. Sounds like cancel culture to me.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  12. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Still looks to be a decent chance they win the gold though

13. horninchicago

Come again?

14. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

There has to be an actual cancel though Bubba. Did these players lose their place on the team? No. One more bit of evidence the Right doesn't have any real power.

Now. I agree. They shouldn't lose their positions on the team. That would be wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. horninchicago

Why shouldn't they lose their place? They are supposed to represent the USA, not spew their political BS. They don't represent me. I hope they lose, the ingrates.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I don't know the official rules. If the management wants the player and the player wants to be on the team, there is no mechanism to remove them really.

I hope they lose to. But they aren't canceled, so there is no cancel culture here. There is no Right wing influence to remove Leftists from the team. Now if a player wore a MAGA hat. They would be removed because the Left wields the power.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

To Switzer, saying someone should lose their job for espousing leftist views is worse than someone actually losing their job for espousing a liberty-oriented view.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  18. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

You're always looking for this kinda guy at the Olympics

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Vol Horn 4 Life

What's hateful is to disrespect the country who gave you every advantage and opportunity to be an elite athlete on a world stage representing that country. That seems to be lost on these idiots.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. horninchicago

Starting to think that was Bubba's idea of a joke.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  21. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

The warmth and grace of this Christian nation is raining down on these female athletes. :)

22. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

When you show open disrespect toward our country you have to expect it. I wouldn't even disrespect another country's anthem like that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  23. Vol Horn 4 Life

It get's so old when liberals bring God into a conversation when you have no other argument. If they hate America I am showing them the kindness to say they should go to another country that best represents them. It's the Godly thing to do and also the beauty of having the freedom to do so.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  24. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Let's see how fast Bubba's attitude changes if someone decides to kneel during the black national anthem in the NFL.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  25. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Or during Boomer Sooner played at Gay Lord Stadium.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

For those who don't know grace and Christianity, it has to do with forgiveness. It has nothing to do with accepting and promoting bad behavior.

Either that or I missed the passage where Jesus told the moneychangers how cool they were and how great it was that they were in the Temple.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  27. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, they're kneeling to "promote bad behavior". Whatevs.

28. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I guess news doesn't make it to Okieland.
    Bubba
    Would you like 10 or 200 links reporting on "bad behavior " by BLM?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  29. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Like maybe tearing up another city like Portland, Minneapolis, Kenosha, Chicago, Baltimore, etc., etc., etc..........

• Hot Hot x 1
  30. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Oh good grief.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1