On LHN now: '69 UT/OU feat. J. Street

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by puckhead, Sep 30, 2013.

1. puckhead

puckhead 100+ Posts

I guess the LHN will be paying homage to Street. Worth a watch. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. tejas77

tejas77 1,000+ Posts

I turn it on and the first 2 plays I see are a Street sack then an int. [​IMG]

3. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

based on your time - instead of the mb press conference or was there not a mb presser schedule for today?

4. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

the good news was Street and the Horns prevailed 24-17. Greg Halsell & the Horn D largely kept evential Heisman winner Steve Owens in check [​IMG]

5. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I'd love to watch it.....if I could.

6. 1963_Frosh

1963_Frosh 250+ Posts

I was at the '69 OU game. Owens was a load and we fell behind 14-0. I seem to remember that Bertlesen had a good game. That team had poise.

7. Hornible

Hornible 25+ Posts

Owens was making four yards per carry early in the game. He looked like the Bell Dozer of today, but not as tentative, Our defense cut him back to three yards in the second half. That seemingly insignificant stat was the difference on D.

8. moosehorn

moosehorn 25+ Posts

Last week they showed the '69 Arky game. Also behind by 14 at the half. 6 Texas turnovers. They pretty effectively handled our wishbone attack, and we had no answer for the Bill Montgomery to Chuck Dicus passing game. Two big plays, plus a successful two pt conversion were the difference in the game. That game plus the OU game made for a magical season.