On the bright side.

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornDave, Sep 2, 2017.

1. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

I'll hate myself for saying this but this game reminded me of the season opener against NC State at home in August 1999. Special teams play was abysmal and the rest of the team fell in line. Defense and Offense played well enough to win today but jeez big plays and a blocked field goal.

As a bonus at least tickets will be cheap to the City of Angels.

2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Same for me. No need to panic yet.

3. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

In 1999 they got most of the fluky plays going their way. In 2017 we had most of the fluky plays go our way.

4. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Three of our TD's came from fluke plays, one TD was in garbage time. Maryland imposed their will upon us. Do you really believe the D and O played well enough to win today? :facepalm:

• Like Like x 5
  5. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Manny Acho seems to think so but I'm not sure what game he watched. Giving up a 3 play 70+ yard in about a minute and all the offensive penalties and sacks? They sucked all around.

6. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

"We don't get ready, we stay ready!"
    No we didn't and no we don't (apparently).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Canada Mick

Canada Mick < 25 Posts

Offense and Defense played well enough to win? Not the game I saw. Only unit that I'd give a passing grade were WR. Thouroughly uninspired, pathetic effort.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I thought Shane played pretty well considering the pass blocking. The interception was as good as a punt. At least that's was always taught. If there's nothing there, throw it as far as you can, it's as good as a punt. The only bad decision was not dumping it off to Kyle and taking the sack on the 2.

And Petros made me sick. Carter having a great game. How stupid. I bet if no one touches me I can get some sacks too. Same thing with Holton. He had a decent game, but the TD's were absolute gifts.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Another bright light is the fact that Mark May is not on the air sitting next to Mack for tonight's epic game (by the way I'm an FSU fan as I was born in Tallahassee and my Dad got his BA, MA and Ph.D. there).

10. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

The only bright side is if you got so hammered in the first half that you missed the second half

11. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Collin Johnson looked pretty damn good.

12. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Guys, two options
    1. Pause dvr and tune in Craig Way. If the tv is too fast.
    2. Get "radioinsync" app and but their lil splitter if you need to delay the radio feed as it might be too fast.

I'm sure Papadokolus is a great guy, but I am happy to report I heard not one syllable if his commentary.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  13. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

He didn't bother me. The announcing didn't bother me. Our crap coaching and play overall bothered me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I hear you, I've been waiting for this year like no other, Hill pick 6, I'm on fire. Then I looked like desputy dog for three hours.

I still have good feelings for the future

• Like Like x 1
  15. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Exactly what I do every game.

• Like Like x 1