One day in Miami - what to do

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by Jive_Turkey, May 21, 2007.

1. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

I'll be in southern Florida for work on Tuesday and Wednesday. Palm Beach area. I decided to drive down to Miami on Wednesday night and fly back on Friday late afternoon. So I'll have all day Thursday to myself in Miami, plus part of Friday morning.

What should I try to cram in on Thursday? Obviously, South Beach is on the list. What else?

Thanks.

2. badexcuse

badexcuse 1,000+ Posts

South Beach for sure - Clevelander is famous and you can sit outside and have a beer. Also check out Cocowalk in Coconut Grove. The Biltmore Hotel is close to Coconut Grove, and it's an old historic hotel that's cool. The beaches on Key Biscayne, imo, are nicer than the ones on south beach.

Stay as fare away from Liberty City and Overtown as you can.

3. Ballaholic

Ballaholic 25+ Posts

I may have been pretty drunk, but I could have sworn the Clevelander was fenced off as if renovations were underway. This was last week. Besides the beach, you can have lunch on a patio on Lincoln road (still in Miami Beach) and check out the models strolling by. Then maybe head to the beach. If you don't mind eating a nice dinner by yourself or if you meet somebody you should check Prime 112. Ate there recently very good steaks and the seafood appetizer is awesome. Definitely a south beach type spot. You'll need a reservation for that. Have fun.