One Thing Texas did this Season - booted Rattler from OU

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by TexasFight86, Nov 9, 2021.

1. TexasFight86

TexasFight86 250+ Posts

2. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Yeah baby! Got rid of that Heisman frontrunner wannabe! Now OU will be stuck with whatever spare they have as a backup...
    oh...
    wait...

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Understand. He clearly has been replaced at Zero U, and he won't be satisfied to be the backup. IMO, he won't be a first-round pick this year - so if he really wants to be a first-rounder, he needs to hit the portal and find a school where he can be the starter. And it would help him to be the starter on a competitive team.

4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I fully expect Rattler to enter the NFL draft after negotiations with Houston, who will spend their first round pick and make Rattler their starting QB next year.

This move will also allow Houston to trade their existing "star QB" to Miami for next year's fourth round pick.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Wow Sabre! Your sarcasm is at an all time high or you have some insight to the desperate and reckless Texans decision making.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

They are good for me; keep me laughing. I have posted before that a group of us had old Skybox 650 in the Astrodome - 50 yard line. Bud Adams' Ada Resources had 651 next to us. (They always had better food.)

When McNair plunked down the $600,000 for the Grand Champion Steer at the Rodeo, we knew that the new stadium and an NFL franchise were a done deal. My friends put together a new group, and I said sure. everyone wrote their check, which was held by the organizer. McNair hired Charlie Disasterly as GM, and I called and said "hold my check". Then when they hired Chris Palmer as OC, I told them to tear my check up because this was going to be a cluster of major proportions. Only time I've gone to a game or watched them on TV was VY's rookie year when the Titans came to town and VY beat them on a 30+ yard scramble in OT.

Not sure even the old KC A's were this bad in Charlie O's hayday.

7. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Rattler is high on that okie meth if he thinks he’s ready for the NFL.
    If our defense had him confused...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 1963_Frosh

1963_Frosh 250+ Posts

The important question is whether Rattler would be an improvement over Thompson/Card and incoming QBs? Maybe Sark can turn him around if he enters portal.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  9. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

WTF?!?! Why would anybody want that ugly locker room cancer showing up in Austin?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  10. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

Because he is ten times better than any QB Texas has on its current roster.

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  11. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

Are you blind? Just checking.

12. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

I think I know a school like this in Austin, Texas. I'm pretty sure he could be the starter versus the current inept competition.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

So was Jeff George & Rhett Bomar. Would you have wanted either one of those head cases in our locker room? Some people are a cancer that MD Anderson can't treat.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

I'm pretty sure the current UT locker room has more cancer than a hospice center. Seriously, could it get any worse? That is unless Sark (with a little help from Bo Davis) is able to convince 60+ current players to hit the transfer portal!

15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Yes, it can get worse. Sark never knew what hit him. I have posted (albeit somewhat cryptically) in August/September that he found divisions in the locker room. He offered a clean start for those that wanted one. They stabbed him in the back. I want them gone and have told him and Chris the same.

The larger problem now is that the "puppeteers" may be smart enough to realize that no decent program is going to accept portals from Texas. Coaches know how difficult even one malcontent can make a locker room.

I shall be majorly disappointed if one of the cancers is a kid I know, particularly one I sat in Whataburger with for over two hours.

• Hot Hot x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I still can't believe I sat next to you at Tolbert's. I'm definitely not worthy.

:bow:

• Like Like x 1
  17. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I was honored to sit there. That made that blonde think I was someone special sitting next to you.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. horninchicago

She felt sorry for you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Sangre Naranjada

Stupidest thing I have seen posted here in a very long time. Rattler would suck donkey balls behind our current O Line.

• Like Like x 1
  20. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

So this is our biggest joy this season…Rattler leaving? How pathetic have we become :brickwall:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. horninchicago

There's a word for that...

22. Sangre Naranjada

Schadenfreude?
    Epicaricacy?

23. horninchicago

Getting colder....

24. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

KB, now that it’s been 24 hours, I have to ask, do you sincerely believe this? After all, with a better OL against ours, Rattler performed very poorly in the RRR. I’ll add that Casey was lights out in that game until he hurt his hand.

Do you really want a poster child for entitlement — and one who apparently bails when things don’t go his way, on our team?

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. horninchicago

Yeah, nearly every other QB gets his name in the Hypesman (Thanks @SabreHorn) hat when playing Texas's defense. We put his *** on the bench. Doesn't speak well for him.

• Like Like x 2
  26. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

All I'm saying is if we start Card or Thompson next season, we will be 6-6 at best. Mark it down. I'd take Rattler in a heartbeat.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  27. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

So would Tom Brady, but that doesn't make him a bad QB. It simply means that his is on a bad team.

28. Sangre Naranjada

And yet you do not give the same consideration to our own QBs.

• Winner Winner x 2
  29. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Thompson is good enough, as seen in his play
    in the bowl game and the 3 quarters of most games.
    Now his confidence has been shattered, like the rest of the team. Up to the coaches to not let that happen, but we are only getting worse. A Kansas blowout will help.

30. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

That's the problem. Why does UT have to settle for "good enough"?