Online Photo storage and development

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by Engelke, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Engelke

Engelke 25+ Posts

I use ofoto.com right now to upload digital pictures and then order prints. I saw a banner ad for yahoo photos.

Anyone used this? Also, anyone have any additional suggestions outside of ofoto or yahoo?

Thanks[​IMG]

2. BigXIIHorns

BigXIIHorns 25+ Posts

mpix.com has some of the highest quality prints

3. dustin_c1

dustin_c1 250+ Posts

Walgreens. They print in an hour, cost less than online shops and use the same high quality minilab for the prings (any decent place will print from a Noritsu or a Frontier - the Walgreens I go to has the Frontier)

For 4x6, it's $0.29 a print and they also do 50 for $10.

4. HoustonHorn93

HoustonHorn93 250+ Posts

FYI: ofoto only charges $0.29 per 4x6. Before you mention shipping, they always waive shipping. Plus, I don't have to drag my lazy *** to Walgreens.

5. HornGal01

HornGal01 100+ Posts

my vote goes to ofoto.com

6. ArrogantAssclown

ArrogantAssclown 25+ Posts

I have used Walmart and that gets the job done. Other people I talk to say use shutterfly.com. It is nice that they host your pictures for a month and you can allow others to access the picture to order prints.

The Link

Anyone else tried shutterfly? I uploaded about 200 pictures of my daughters school fair but never got around to ordering any. So I do not know about the quality or speed of prints.

7. txzen

txzen 100+ Posts

Yep, I'm on shutterfly. Nice service, fast shipping. I had read that their color tends to be a bit more on the orange side, and I may agree with that. I might have to upload the same image to ophoto as well and see.

Never heard of mpix, but I'm interested. The 4x6 are more expensive but the 8x10 are cheaper. They use Kodak paper (ophoto is also kodak), whereas shutterfly uses Fuji (doubly odd, since with regualr film processing and media, Fuji tends to enhance greens).

8. hullabelew

hullabelew 1,000+ Posts

Former ofoto user. Now use dotphoto.com. Shutterfly also does a good job. I was extremely disappointed in the fotki.com. Paper seemed subpar the the print sizes were funky...plus their cost seems way out of whack.