OSU Class

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by stevedallas, Oct 16, 2011.

1. stevedallas

stevedallas 500+ Posts

The fans uesterday were nothing but classy. On top of that, look at the difference between Gundy, who, up 12 and the ball, did not throw another pass or kick a makeable FG, with Stoops who, up 38 leaves Landy longer than needed and is still throwing deep late in the 4th.

I applaud you OSU! Beat OU!

2. b UT ful

b UT ful 250+ Posts

I actually thought they were wanting to score on that last drive. Classy they didn't

3. stevedallas

stevedallas 500+ Posts

No passes and no FG try. They were not trying.

4. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Their fans did something novel compared to last week's fans. The OSU fans rooted for their own team. They weren't turning around and sneering at us and doing the Horns down sign in our faces after every first down like the Sooners in Dallas. This was refreshing. I think their coaching staff pulled back on the reins some, not to keep from scoring , but to preserve their lead. It was the smart and conservative way to manage the game at that point.

5. freyguy

freyguy 250+ Posts

The Cowboy fans in our section were also well behaved. They cheered appropriately for their team, actually congratulated us when we made good plays, and laughed w/ us when the refs made crappy calls for both sides. Very surreal.

6. gdu

gdu 1,000+ Posts

The Cowboy fans sitting next to us were great. Best visiting fans I can remember at DKR.

7. BurntOrange4ever

BurntOrange4ever 250+ Posts

On TV, it looked like there were a bunch of OSU supporters at the game, True?

8. SlingeroGuitaro

SlingeroGuitaro 250+ Posts

A group of OSU fans actually paid to get me drunk last night on 6th. When I went to return the favor, they jumped the barkeep and told me 'you're good company and you make us feel welcome in your town. Come up to Stillwater and you can pay us back.'

9. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

10. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

Having ORANGE and HATING ou in common...they have to be good folks....

I lived in Tulsa for three years back in the '80's and still friends with the OSU folks I met back then....GREAT PEOPLE...I will always root for them.

11. Thiefery

Thiefery 25+ Posts

Wow, they are even better than Aggies

12. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

My experiences with OSU folks has been mostly good as well.

Here's a painful question though...

Who was the last team to beat Texas in Austin two years in a row? [​IMG]

13. HornDawg1957

HornDawg1957 100+ Posts

Best as I can tell, Vanderbilt was the last team to do it--20-0 in 1921, 20-10 in 1922.

But maybe I missed somebody...

14. BevoNation

BevoNation 500+ Posts

Um, it's easy to be nice and well-behaved when you're winning... Not to mention the fact that they are barely even a rival let alone a bitter rival...

But it's nice to know nonetheless.

15. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

16. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

17. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

18. all4bevo

all4bevo 25+ Posts

I'm sure there are some bad ones out there, like every team's fans. But I have yet to have a bad experience with an OSU fan.

Of course I want UT to beat them next year and any other year, but not out of spite.

Good luck for the rest of the year Cowboys. Beat the hell out of OU!

19. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

Did we play them in Austin 2 years in a row? [​IMG]

20. ArmySooner

ArmySooner 100+ Posts

LOL at this thread. Try putting on an OU hat and going to Stillwater.

21. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

22. westexas

westexas 250+ Posts

Yes we played them in Austin two years in a row. The schedule got messed up when NU and CU left.

I also noticed their players did not do the horns down. I wanted to see if it would be flagged.

23. lhbruleshalftime

lhbruleshalftime 250+ Posts

CORRECTION - #4 on the kick return team was skipping off the field after the 3rd Q opening TD with a two-handed horns down for about 30 seconds.......
    I will admit that the OSU fans were seen and rarely heard, so no problem.

24. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Also, I like Gundy. His “I’m a man” video has gotten a lot of play, but how can you not respect a guy that goes to the mat for his players like that.

I hope the Cowboys win the conference and play for the BCS title.

25. all4bevo

all4bevo 25+ Posts

26. tholly

tholly 1,000+ Posts

I will be pulling for the Cowboys to go undefeated.

27. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

They travel well and have seem to be respectful from what I've seen. In state rivalries I'm sure like they are like any other. It seems ou has a better overall team but the bedlam game should be a good one in Stillwater. I predict osu in that one. This year could be crazy with a handful of undefeated teams. If that doesn't spell playoff I don't know what does.

28. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

The Weeden-Blackmon duo is a very special one that the Cowboys will definitely miss next year, so this season is Gundy's best chance to run the table. If the OU and Texas duopoly of the Big 12 is ever to be broken, this is a great year for OSU to do it.

So even though I think OU's defense is better than OSU's, I definitely hope the Cowboys win out. It would be a great accomplishment for Gundy's rising program. Go Pokes!

29. Lake_Travis_Horn

Lake_Travis_Horn 500+ Posts

I spent 10 years in Tulsa, and I can also vouch for the fact that OSU fans are just classier people than OU fans. Will also say that the engineers I hired from OSU (and U. of Tulsa) were consistently better than those from OU, to the point that we quit even interviewing at OU.

30. ArmySooner

ArmySooner 100+ Posts

Yes and the FSU and Alabama fans all think Oklahoma has the best fan base they've ever encountered and Oklahoma fans think OSU fans are horrible and Texas fans think OU fans are horrible and Texas A&M is so bitter that they ran away from Texas and on and on. Other teams have had great experiences in Stillwater, I've had some pretty bad ones. I'm sure that Alabama's experience in Norman was not the same as OSU's.

I went to the OU vs. FSU game in Tallahassee. It was a great game and they absolutely loved the way we treated them in Norman the year before and returned the favor. But ask a Florida fan about FSU and you'll get a different answer.

Tulsa is an OSU town. OU engineering grad's are so bad that you stopped hiring them and hired OSU grads. LOL.