OT Jean Delance (Feb 28)(Jan 2 COMMIT)

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Godz40acres, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

:hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem:-horn OT Jean Delance committed to Oklahoma on Nov 25th, but he's now been offered by the good guys.

Per BurntOrangeNation:

Delance has all the mobility that one would expect from a 275-pounder -- he's capable of pulling and getting to the second level with ease. He can also at times show an impressive punch even though he doesn't have a great deal of apparent strength.

Since he's a good athlete and can get into his kick step with excellent quickness, the physical tools are there, most likely including the flexibility that will be the key to his development. However, he needs a lot of work with his technique, as he doesn't often get his hand placement right and there isn't much evidence that he can roll out of his hips with a flat back to win at the line of scrimmage.

[Full article link]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  2. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Godz, I don't think Delance has decommitted from OU, as you said above. People seem to generally expect it, and he may end up being a flip to us. It might even have happened to day, had the weather not kept him away. Apparently, he knew he was getting the offer after a face-to-face with Charlie today, but as he couldn't make it in, they made the offer over the phone.

3. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

My booboo. I could have sworn that I read a few days ago that he'd decommitted. But, now that you mention it, I think I read that he was indicating that might decommit. :confused: Changed above.

4. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

^^^ Not just you. I also had the feeling that he had decommitted. Maybe we both saw some unconfirmed opinion. So I actually had to check before asking you about it.

5. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Jean Delance and J.P. Urquidez tweets:

6. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Well, he's decommitted from ou now!
    LINK

7. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Bring that package deal to the 40.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

:hookem: bring him in!

9. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

10. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Per OB:
    “Me and Malik (Jefferson) are really good friends,” Delance said. “He’s just been telling me that he loves Texas and that it feels like home. He keeps telling me to go hang out with him and check out how the coaches run things. I’m definitely going to do that this summer.”

“I saw those NFL numbers, and there is no question Coach Strong is going to do that at Texas, especially if he keeps landing four- and five-stars,” Delance said. “I know I won’t be too worried about making it to the NFL if I go to Texas.”

• Like Like x 2
  11. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Per OB:
    “My interest level in Texas has definitely gone up now that I got to talk to Coach (Charlie) Strong face to face and see how the coaches coach from a camp standpoint,” Delance said. “Getting to talk to all the guys (members of the team) really helped to. You know, Texas is about to take off.”

“I had great conversations with Coach Strong, Coach (Joe) Wickline and Coach BJ (Brian Jean-Mary),” Delance said. “I spent a lot of time with DeAndre and Malik. I got to hang out with Charles, too. They told me this is the place to be. It was really fun, and I’ll be back to chill with them again soon.”

“Coach Strong let me know that this is the place for me,” Delance said. “He said he really wants me up here as a part of the program. He couldn’t stress that enough. He talked to my mom and told us that I would be a big get for the program.”

“She (Delance's mother) loves Coach Strong,” Delance said. “He talked to her personally, so she likes him. She said he’s one of the best coaches she’s talked to. She’s in my ear about everything, so she plays the biggest role in my recruitment.”

12. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Delance recently listed TEXAS in his Top 5 (I know, I know, Top x=y=0).

In other news... HornSports' assessment after watching Delance at The Opening:

Given five tries I’m not sure I would have correctly guessed his body weight at 280 pounds. Delance looks as if he weighs 260 just after a meal, and as a lineman, that’s a great problem to have. Coaches are much more inclined to sign lineman that need to gain ‘good weight’ as opposed to lose ‘bad weight’. Delance was quick, explosive, and strong, having the objective Nike SPARQ ratings as well as the subjective camp performance to back it up. He was consistently explosive out of his stance vs. air and vs. a pad. He also competed well in his one-on-ones losing a few but winning the majority. Delance at this point really only has one downside being that he will need at least two years of physical development before he’ll be ready to play full time.
    In other news...

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  13. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

“I feel pretty strong about Texas,” Delance said. “They have great guys coming in there. I’m looking at starting as a true freshmen. I’ve got great buddies in Malik (Jefferson) and Charles (Omenihu) and Deshon Elliott. I talk to all three all the time. It’s pretty straightforward. If you get out there and do what you have to do, you have a chance to compete as a freshman.”

“(My relationship with them) is pretty strong,” Delance said. “I don’t talk to Coach Strong that much. But I’ve talked to him face-to-face. He’s pretty down to earth. We’ve talked for like three hours every time I’ve seen him."

“If you want to get to the next level, you have to suffer the consequences. If (Wickline) is going to get the job done for you and get you to the level you want to be at the NFL, it’s whatever. I definitely like his coaching style. It’s not going to be easy, so I’m ready for it.”

“They (A&M and Texas) are neck and neck,” Delance said. “Coach (Dave) Christensen just got (to A&M). Coach Wickline has been (at Texas) a year. Coach Strong is ready to get the job done. He wants to win a title. He’s getting guys early that can make a strong impact. A&M, I can’t complain. They got some guys in there that can get the job done, but it just hasn’t been a great recruiting process with them.”
    [Per a poster on another site]

• Like Like x 1
  14. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Imagine that...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

17. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Probably, that means something like "what's up" or similar term in English

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Sak Pasé is Haitan Creole for "What's is up"

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

For better or worse ....

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  22. MudHorn

MudHorn Admin Moderator

Coach is working. :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

For better.

24. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

[​IMG]

Some info on OL Jean Delance of North Mesquite from one of the national writers at 24/7:

-he will take an official visit to Michigan on November 28th followed by an official to Alabama on December 12th.

-Texas will get an official visit, but no date has been set.

-going into these official visits, Delance's list of favorites has UT at the top, followed by Michigan, Alabama and A&M.

-both his mother and grandmother will play a huge role in his decision and they prefer UT because of Strong.
    [Per a poster on another site]

25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

This is a lock.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Delance set an OV to LSU Dec 5

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts