OT Jean Delance (Feb 28)(Jan 2 COMMIT)

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Godz40acres, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

In the heat of two-a-day practices, Jean Delance said he had one goal this year — help North Mesquite reach the state playoffs. Mission accomplished. North Mesquite, which endured a long playoff drought, now finds itself in the regional semifinals after a dramatic 14-13 overtime victory over Killeen Shoemaker at AT&T Stadium over the weekend, and Delance is a big reason why. “I feel like I became a leader and the team followed me,” Delance said. “It’s amazing to get to the third round of the playoffs and get another week with my brothers. Recruiting and Texas high school playoffs are a lot, but I’m excited.”

The four-star offensive tackle is one of the most sought after recruits in the nation and is a major priority for Texas in the 2016 class. The Longhorns are making that known as they continue to make a hard push for Delance. Both tight ends coach Jeff Traylor and linebackers coach Brian Jean-Mary utilized the bye week to check in on Delance. “Coach BJ and Coach Traylor came out and showed me a lot of love,” Delance said. “I just shook their hands, and they told me that I’m a guy that they need to play as soon as possible. I just felt a lot of love from the get go.”

Early playing time is something that is extremely important to Delance. The fact that the Longhorns have proven that they aren’t afraid to play true freshmen makes Texas that much more appealing. “(Texas) is definitely pushing early playing time,” Delance said. “They think that I’m a prototypical left tackle. When a coach tells me that, I think about it a lot.” Delance is scheduled to visit LSU on December 5 and Alabama on December 12. He is still trying to work on finding dates for Michigan and Texas. Delance is slated to make his commitment at the Under Armour All-American Game but said he might push the announcement back.

[Per a poster on another site]

2. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

[​IMG]

OT Jean Delance, North Mesquite — No, it wasn’t Delance’s best performance. Yes, DE Rahssan Thornton got the best of him on a few drives. But at the end of the day, Delance made some elite level blocks as he willed his North Mesquite team to a 14-13 overtime victory over Shoemaker. It’s hard for a lineman to have the impact Delance does. About 80 percent of North Mesquite’s plays are run to the left side, and Delance opened up some big lanes throughout the game, including on the Stallions’ overtime touchdown. Delance needs a little bit of work on his feet in pass protection — Thornton got around him too easy on third and longs. But I still believe Delance is polished enough to make an immediate impact at the next level.

[Per a poster on another site]

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Harbaugh gonna steal another?

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Beuchelle and Whaley?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

247 LSU site thinks they will land Delance

7. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I believe that if he were going to LSU, he wouldn't have included "the best QB in the country" in his tweet...

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Horns247 is trashing this idea.
    It was from a member at LSU 247, not the staff.
    But the guy maintains Delance is taking an OV there this weekend

Update -- Here is part of the EJHolland quote --
    "...... Jean has been very consistent with his recruitment. Texas has been on top with Michigan at No. 2 and Alabama at No. 3. LSU was always on the outside looking in, but he is scheduled to make his official visit there this weekend."

• Like Like x 1
  9. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Per TFB (12-12):
    James H • 13 hours ago
    SK, what do you know about [Tulsa OL Coach Matt] Mattox as a recruiter - think he can close the deal with the guys on the fence? Need to get the OL back on track.

Super K Mod James H • 11 hours ago
    They've got two great guards right now. Delance's issue was the lack of relationship with Wickline. Mattox can recruit. He pulled Rowdy Frederick to Tulsa and Frederick had a Texas Tech offer. If he's even an average recruiter he gets Delance. Won't be surprised to see him go after Ryan McCollum as well (holds a TAMU offer) and I can assure you McCollum would pick Texas over TAMU now that there is a new OL coach.

• Like Like x 1
  10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Starting Monday, it's on like donkey kong!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Steve Wiltfong (247 national guy) thinks Michigan and LSU now lead for Delance after his OVs there.

Delance is supposed to announce at the UA game on Jan 2

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  13. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Per TFB:
    Coach Brian Jean-Mary made it down to Mesquite before the dead period last night to meet with OT Jean Delance and his mother. When I asked Delance how his visit was he said “GREAAAAT!!!” Take that response however you wish but from everything we’ve heard, we feel good about Texas’ chances with Delance. Even more so now that he’s going to be able to build a relationship with his potential future coach.

14. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Announced his top 3 2-day...

We're in.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Delance still plans to make his final choice New Year's Eve night when he meets with his mother and grandmother in their hotel room on the day they arrive in Florida [for the UA game on Saturday].

"That's the main goal," Delance said. "To see how I'm feeling from there. She's going to put all her pebbles on the table and I'm going put all of them. We are going to duke it out and see what's best for me."

Delance shared his latest thoughts on his finalists heading into his choice.

LSU: "(Tigers offensive line) coach (Jeff) Grimes need help at the offensive tackle position. He said there's an immediate chance to come in and start at that left tackle spot."

Michigan: "Coach (Jim) Harbaugh. They treat me like family. They already have that No. 1 class. They have that set up. It's what they are going to need. They're still three or four four-star guys on the board that they are going to get that I know of. So I mean I just trust it's going to be a No. 1 class and they are going to be back on top next year (and be a) playoff team."

Texas: "Coach (Charlie) Strong, we have a good relationship. My mom likes him. It's not too far from home. At the end of the day you still have to do what's best for me. I have a great relationship the whole staff. You have to foresee it at UT. That's all I have to say. I talk to (Malik Jefferson) all the time especially since he's on break. We just hang out and chill. We have a great relationship."

What will he base his decision on?

"Distance is not a matter. It's playing time. Family-oriented environment and a great relationship (for that staff) with my mom and grandma," Delance said.

[Per another poster]

• Like Like x 3
  16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Charlie and Mommas - should be a song by Willie Nelson.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  18. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Playin' time - plenty of that in Austin, 6th street, SoCo, and more...it's all good.:smokin:

Actually, I got to see Delance play a couple of times this year. This guy can open holes and bury opponents. I heard one game on the radio and the talkin' head (or headless since it was radio) was constantly discussing how strong Delance is, quick, and his technique to blow opponents off the line. I hope we get this guy on campus.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Per HornSports:
    I'm going to stick with what I've been saying from the beginning on the big offensive tackle. Proximity to home and family direction will win out for Texas. There have been a lot of rumors surrounding Michigan surging into the lead this week, but it's well known that Delance's mother wants him close to home and absolutely loves the Texas staff.

Like Whaley, I'm told Delance has indicated to others that Texas will be the choice. Michigan did a great job on his visit, but I think distance is going to be too big of a factor to overcome.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  21. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Delance chose us!!! Yes!!!

• Like Like x 4
  22. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  24. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

First of the Big guys to commit to the Good guys!! Congrats and Welcome Jean!!:hookem2:

• Like Like x 2
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  26. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

:hookem2::hookem2::hookem2::hookem2:Building that line! Welcome to the 40 Acres!

• Like Like x 4
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  30. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I’mma just click LIKE on every damn post here now. Good get Charlie! :hookem:

• Like Like x 3