OTHER GAMES

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Chop, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

2020 or not, Harbaugh’s got some splainin’ to do...

2. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I’m not sure if they’re rubbing off on us, or we’re rubbing off on them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Michigan's back-up QB leads them on 4 play 75 yard TD drive. 2 point try (a pass) is successful. 35-11. This QB seems significantly better than the starter.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  4. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I lived in S Car a year or so. I’ve seen them in both Carolinas. Gotta dry the tobo somewhere. And I don’t even smoke.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Exactly. What kind of move would you call that, ref? A ballet move, a Karate move, a bowell move...?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

He does, but Wisconsin's D may have let up a bit after going up 35-3, especially since in not trying to score before the half, and then kicking the FG after, Michigan was giving all the "we've already given up on trying to win this game" signals.

7. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Is SMU about to go down?

8. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Matt Campbell.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

That might be a great fit. He strikes me as a Big 10 sort of coach. He can certainly take a low level program and make them competitive (ISU). The big question is: can he revive one of the game’s great programs and have them winning championships again?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Wisconsin scores again thanks to a so so effort at tackling by Michigan defenders.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  11. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

We’d better send Harbaugh that old DKR tackling video. Or if it’s just effort, maybe they need a Joel Osteen motivational speech/‘sermon’. :rolleyes1:

12. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

SMU folded up and went home in the second half.

• poop poop x 1
  13. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Wisconsin up 49-11 and they have the ball

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  14. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Screw it. Since we posses no scruples now, hire this dude.......

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I didn’t watch the USC game, but I noticed on the highlights that a certain Bru McCoy caught a tipped ball in the endzone for a TD. Right place, right time. The ball just fell in his gut.

Arizona’s uniforms look like those of a low budget high school program.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

Final score in that came. Michigan looked terrible that whole game. Had 1 (!) yard of offense after the 1st Quarter. And you think Texas usually starts slow!

It's a shame colleges can't trade coaches like the pros do with players. I think both Texas and Michigan will be looking for new coaches after this year, while still shelling out 5 or 6 mill per year for each one of them. Maybe they should trade - that way both Herman and Haughan can have a new main rival they can't beat.

17. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

They sure do.

18. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Will Harbaugh survive the season? That game was ugly with a capital "U". It was 28-zip at the half and 49-11 final. The wolverine fans have to be going crazy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Damn! That was wild!

20. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

Season yes, but off season - probably not. Don't follow UM enough to know how many years Hau still has on his contract. I think I heard he's in year 6, so he's probably had at least one contract extension, and a la Herman, probably got 2-3 years extra put on his contract after some random bowl win, forgotten by everyone else in college football except that school.

With a few thousand fans in the stands, and probably even fewer games than Texas due to the Big 10's late start, Michigan is going to lose a mint this year, so not sure how much they'll be able to pay him plus another coach, and who would they get?

Penn State looked terrible today as well, being beaten by Nebraska, to go to 0-4. You wonder who if anyone they'll beat this year?

Wisconsin looked good - they'll probably win the west you'd think and play Ohio State for the Big 10 championship.

At this point, random guesses as to how the season plays out -

SEC - Alabama vs. Florida. Bama - Gators are good on offensive by terrible on defense. Saban figures out how to stop them enough to win.

ACC - ND vs. Clemson - Tigers load up with all their best players now that they've had the Chinese Chicken Pox and are immune, and win.

Big 10 - OSU vs. Wisconsin - you'd think OSU, but the big head could doom them if they waltz into this game and don't expect a tought battle. Why not - Wisconsin.

Big 12 - OU vs. Texas - take a wild guess at this one? Would two losses in one year to OU doom Herman - you'd hope so.

Pac - doesn't matter, no one cares, even their own fans.

21. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Maybe the most important thing we have in common with them might be that we both have over hyped coaches. Self hyped at that.

22. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Check this out. Cal is playing UCLA at the Rose Bowl today (Sunday). It’s about to start. Look for some sloppy early season play.

Cal blocked a punt, but got stuffed inside the ten. Cal settles for a FG. Cal’s pass blocking could use some work, based on that first series. It’s surreal seeing the Rose Bowl empty with a game playing.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  23. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Cal is putting heavy pressure on UCLA’s QB. Now a pick. Cal ball again. I like that Cal D front thus far. Bruins O looks very rusty.

3 and out for Cal after they got an INT near midfield. Both Os look out of sync. Or could it be those fearsome PAC 12 Defenses....
    :rolleyes1::lmao:

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Never ever think that we are the only ones with tackling issues. I think Cal also needs a copy of that old DKR tackling video. Michigan needs three or four copies. They can watch it on their team plane rides.

UCLA QB runs it in for a TD.

Bruins 7
    Bears 3

25. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

UCLA just ran an ad that proclaims UCLA is the number 1 public university.

26. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

You are right Chop. Watching now and Cal certainly shows some inept tackling and it does look all too familiar.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

If we really wanted to throw scruples to the wind, the person most likely to bring us a national championship the very fastest is Art Briles. Bet you forgot about him.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  28. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Perhaps Briles could secretly get a name change, some plastic surgery, a moustache, and some groovy sunglasses, then discreetly come onto our staff as an overpaid "analyst" but actually run the show, run the (closed) practices, and call the plays. He would be barred from any parties, of course.

[I shouldn't have to say this, but this is obviously in jest, so don't jump all over me folks...]

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Yeah, although in my alternate universe, I would want his Texas HS recruiting, too, so the disguise would have to be removable.
    Yes of course we are not serious. I’m just saying that if you really would consider Urban Meyer, Lane Kiffen, etc., then Briles is the real talent on the sidelines. I’m not sure exactly how, but what he did at Baylor (I’m just saying football, that’s all) was pretty unbelievable. And it was no fluke. He got better players, ran better plays, built a stadium, got them a Heisman, and had basically passed us by—starting with a school with no history and located in Waco of all places.

30. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Briles on-the-field coaching was never the problem. He's really, really good at that. It's all that other stuff...