OTHER GAMES

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Chop, Sep 14, 2019.

1. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

On its first possession, Northwestern is driving on Wisconsin, and now pass interference in the end zone gives Northwestern a first and goal on the two. . . . Wisconsin seems to hold, but then another pass interference in the end zone gives Northwestern another first and goal at the two. . . This time they cash it in. NW leads 7-0

• Hot Hot x 1
  2. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

Job well done, Fighting Illini. First win in Lincoln since 1924.
    Cue up the Illini 3 in 1 ...

• Like Like x 1
  3. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Bucknuts win.

• poop poop x 1
  4. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Pretty well executed set of laterals there, but enough Buckeyes stayed in their lanes to snuff it out. At least Indiana actually kept it going a couple more times until a blind toss hit the turf and OSU fell on it first. I never understand when guys just let themselves get tackled in situations like that.

5. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Wisconsin fumbles it away to Northwestern, and, on the next play, Northwestern throws a bomb to the Wisconsin one yard line. . . . Then, Wisconsin recovers a fumble in the end zone for a touchback.

• Hot Hot x 1
  6. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I’d say Indiana is for real and a force to be reckoned with in the Big 10. They’d probably beat any team in our conference this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

UCLA v Oregon is a pretty good contest so far. UCLA just scored to go up 21-17

• Like Like x 1
  8. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

Iowa State leading K State 35-0 at the half.

• Hot Hot x 1
  9. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Pick 6 by Oregon on the play of the first half. 24-21 Oregon at the half.

10. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I don’t see a Tom Herman coached team beating Iowa State. They look good today.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  11. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Winning is hard. Controlling is impossible. :facepalm:

12. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Cyclones look tough. Scares you to death.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

The ISU win over OU was no fluke. KSU isn't really even playing all that bad, they are just completely outclassed right now.

14. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Been watching KSU at Iowa State. ISU is steamrolling the Cats. The Horns need to bring their “A+” game next Friday. 38-0 ISU still early in the 3rd.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

KSU started a nice drive early in the 4th but the QB dropped the ball and ISU gets a TO. 38-zip ISU early 4th.

Also, ISU has pulled out most of their starters.

16. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

UCLA vs Oregon has been really exciting. Could be a turning point for Chip Kelly if they win pull this off. But Oregon is threaten to go up 17 here; UCLA probably has to hold them to 0 or 3 to have a shot.

For what it's worth, I just learned that Chip Kelly played DB in college - not what I'd expect from a guy with such an offensive-minded reputation - and that Chip is his actual first name and not a nickname.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

TD ISU run by their (slow) QB keeper 12 yards through the middle of the KSU D. 45-0 early 4th

18. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

Cyclones better get all their dancing on the sidelines in against k-state, because Texas ain’t k-state. If I’m wrong about a Longhorn victory next week, I’ll have my crow well done!

19. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

So why is ISU so good this year? Are they dominant in the trenches? I know Campbell is a really good coach.

20. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

They've lost some really talented guys too - Lazard, Butler, Montgomery. Impressed how they've replaced them without losing a step.

They are pretty steady and consistent, don't beat themselves much. Also seem to have some underrated athletes. Like, they clearly aren't overwhelmly speedy and powerful like Clemson, Bama, or Ohio State, but most of their "no name" guys sure seem strong enough, fast enough, and quick enough. They'll be a handful to deal with for sure.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  21. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

ISU's D looks to be very physical in the the run and play very well on pass coverage. Good techniques as well. On O, the protect their QB very very few penalties and the OL opens hole for the backs. Downfield blocking is very good. Backs get through the holes quickly. Very few mistakes as well. At least that was today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Final #1 Bama 63 - Kentucky 3

23. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

BevoJoe - good point on ISU's downfield blocking.

• Like Like x 1
  24. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

WOW! OU is taking it to OSU 21 - zip, 6:09 in 1st Qtr.

So far, OSU doesn't look like they can find their own butt with both hands in a rainstorm.

25. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Auburn and Tennessee are tied at 10 apiece

• Like Like x 1
  26. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

OSU scored a TD, now OU 21 OSU 7 2:00 in 1st Qtr.

27. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Miss state beating Georgia ... almost half time

• Like Like x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  28. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

UW 24
    AZ 0

Arizona has less than 50 total yards at halftime. Dogs’ defense is vicious.

29. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

Battle of the Dogs (Ga and MSU) tied at 24 late in the 3rd. Good game.

30. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Rutgers up 10 over Michigan

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1