OTHER GAMES

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Chop, Sep 14, 2019.

1. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

It's over--Kentucky wallops Tenn 34-7.

• Hot Hot x 2
  2. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Auburn gets the ball trailing 30-19 with 9:30 to play. 30 yard gets Auburn into SCar territory. Slant pass completed down to 26. Then run inside the 10. Three plays on this drive. Three big gains. First and goal. Runner stuffed. Second and goal. . . . Third and goal from the four. Incomplete pass. Auburn will have to try field goal. Good. It's an 8 point game with 6:39 left.

3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

If it makes any of us feel better. Here are some random quotes from Vol Nation so far today. This sounds eerily like Hornfans, just change the names. :smile1:

"Can we hire Mark Stoops?"

"Not me, I've not got the game on. I'm just here cause I'm dropping a deuce."

"This was the last week I tune into UT this year. Unfortunately, it may be the last one I tune into for a long time. I'm right back to being sick of how bad we are."

"not with this garbage defense"

"Good for Kentucky they're playing a scrub team so they get to give some work to their backups"

"One good thing from this debacle is my Saturdays just got freed up."

And my favorite:

"Pruitt will say "well we got to do better as coaches" yeah no **** same as the last 2 seasons same horsesh$t, same results"

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  4. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

I (and I'm probably mostly alone in this) don't like seeing traditional powers in extended down periods--Tenn and even Arkansas come to mind. Yeah, I know most of us on this board hate Arkansas.

• Like Like x 1
  5. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

SCar makes a first down . . . barely. Clock running under five minutes now. Defensive pass interference gives SCar another first down. Announcers don't like the call--I didn't either.

6. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

SCar has a third and 10 with 3:13 to go. They run it. Fourth and six. Punt coming. Into the end zone for a touchback. Auburn has no timeouts left. 2:15 to go. Trailing by 8. . . . Auburn makes a couple of first downs to midfield. 1:53 left. . . . Complete pass down to SCar 35. . . . QB scrambles down to 18 yard line. Plenty of time left. Intentional grounding with 10 second run-off. third and 15 with 23 seconds left. The play is under review to see whether the QB was down before he threw the pass. They reset the clock to 28 seconds. QB scrambles again. Knocked out of bounds at the 12. Fourth and five with nine seconds left. SCar calls a timeout. Penalty on offense. Declined. Game over.

• Like Like x 1
  7. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Ole Miss has the ball very early in the game with Arkansas. Fourth and one at Ark 37. Ole Miss goes for it and makes the first down. . . . Ole Miss fumbles on fourth and goal.

8. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

MSU methodically driving it into aggie territory early. The Pirate doesn’t have the usual caliber of QB he’s used to with Costello. He’s an INT machine.

Now INT in the endzone.

0-0 early. aggie ball.

9. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Army with another TD. Grinding it out on the Roadrunners.

10. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Rebels with a nice goalline stand against Arkansas. Pig TE drops the ball in the endzone. Hogs FG. 10-0 Ark.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Wow Costello is awful. Leach should have taken some more portal transfer QBs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I wonder if MSU believed their press clippings too much after beating LSU.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

MSU gets pick six off tipped pass.

aTm answers on next drive.

14. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Another SEC team the media tries to shove down our throats every year bites the dust.

Media guy after losses to Iowa State and KState by ou and TCU victory over UT:
    "Ou, Texas and the Big 12 are really down this year"

Media guy after Kentucky and SCarolina wins:
    "Man Kentucky and South Carolina must be real strong this year. The SEC gets deeper and deeper and should have at least 11 teams in the top 5 this year."

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Maybe my TV needs adjusting, but the colors of the field art in the end zones in the aTm - MSU game look ugly to me.

16. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

MSU fumbles to aTm deep in MSU's territory, and aTm scores on its first play after the recovery. . . . MSU benches starting QB and brings in freshman

17. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Arkansas up on Ole Miss 26-14

18. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Great piggie catch there ... piggie looks like they have a coach finally

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Leach’s O only works with a good QB. He should take 2 portal transfer QBs and 2 freshman QBs next year. Maybe a JC guy as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Ark makes Ole Miss punt . . . . nope-- fake punt works great, and Ole Miss scores three plays later. Got us a ball game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Fire piggie sp teams coach, now! Jk

22. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

And I was enjoying these years of pathetic swine teams. I guess it’s their turn to laugh at us for a while.

23. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Darn good rebel blocking there.

And again with a rugby scrum.

And then a power run into the endzone.

Don’t count the Rebs out yet.

26-21 Arkansas with 5:30 left to play.

24. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Hate to say it, but even with a well below average QB, aTm is a pretty good team this year.

25. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

New QB leads MSU to TD. 28-14

• Hot Hot x 1
  26. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Ole Miss gets the ball back down 5 and 3:46 to go

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

The pigs really blew it there. That screen was well set up and he had 10-20 yards and a first down. The Ark rb dropped an easy pass. Now the rebs get it back with 3:46. Plenty of time and ok field position. The swine will likely regret that.

28. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

MSU holds aTm and gets the ball back deep in MSU territory.

29. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Wow! Ark pick six. Game over (absent a miracle). Arkansas wins.

• Like Like x 1
  30. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Ark gets pick six. Fifth Ark interception today

• Hot Hot x 1