OTHER GAMES

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Chop, Sep 14, 2019.

1. NorfolkVATiger

NorfolkVATiger 100+ Posts

Best line I have seen on Twitter: “Surprised no one is complaining about the SEC scheduling cupcakes in December”.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Only for lower revenues and less visibility. Then there is their "visionary" Commissioner.

3. BurntOrangeLH

They thought they were in Colorado.

4. BurntOrangeLH

Alabama paid that price.

5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I’ll be glad to negotiate a lend/lease with the PAC to take Bowelsby

• Hot Hot x 2
  6. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

BH, you don’t think that a conference featuring legacy top-tier programs like USC, Texas & OU, and with very respectable football schools like Oregon and Stanford wouldn’t command respect? I’m fact, I would contend that a PAC-16 would have a better cross section of football schools than even the SEC. Sure, I understand Bama, LSU Georgia and perhaps Florida but what about Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Missouri, Mississippi State, Arkansas...? Top to bottom a PAC-16 would be a better conference.

Then let’s add other sports, and academics. Even more separation.

7. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Poor okies :idk:

• Like Like x 1
  8. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Does his arm not count?

9. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

I'm not so sure that even with their starters LSU doesnt mudhole them anyway.........that offense is on another level.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Nice defensive stand by Clemson

11. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Funny, except when put in perspective.

Texas, with perhaps the greatest team ever, 2005, only managed a 33 point win in the RRS against a down OU with no Adrian Peterson.

LSU beat a pretty damn good team that won the freaking conference again by 35.

Texas can't beat OU worse than LSU can.

And don't, not you specifically, give me the song and dance of OU gets up to play Texas thing. BS. Texas just is OU's whipping post.

How depressing.

12. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Trevor Lawrence is 24-0 as a starter. Pretty impressive.

13. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Uh oh. Please, not another blowout

14. Vol Horn 4 Life

If you want to play the relationship game, we only lost to LSU by 7 THIS YEAR vs OU losing by 35. It means nothing except that we both lost and that what happened in 2005 has no relation to what happened tonight.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

probably so.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Texas boys on Ohio State makng plays. Dobbins of La Grange and Wilson of Austin. Could have used Dobbins at Texas this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Vol Horn 4 Life

If I'd have realized Brent Venables is Clemson's DC I would have picked OSU. Oh well, I can hope for the win.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

After Georgia waxes Baylor, the conference is going to look putrid. We sure better beat the Utes. Just a weird year having all these 11-2 teams matched against 7-5 teams.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Tech gained 854 against them in 2016. OU also gained 854 yards in a 66-59 OU win in Lubbock.

:ousucksnana:

• Hot Hot x 1
  20. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

If Clemson doesn't get it in gear the wife is going to want me to watch a stupid movie. Least the Mavs/Warriors game has been a good distraction.

• Funny Funny x 3
  21. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Chaisson from LSU yup. Texas Kids should stay home

22. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

16-0. And that hit looked like it knocked Lawrence silly for a second. Yup--targeting. Now, can Lawrence get it together and return to the game? Sub QB in for the moment at least. Lawrence back in after one play off. PI on OSU

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  23. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

That’s a BS call

24. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

And they completely ignore the hands to the face by the o lineman on young

25. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Clemson finally scores. 16-7

26. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

So this is a (comparatively) close game, possibly a nail-biter in the making.

27. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Which one, the targeting or PI? PI I thought was for sure. Targeting was close, but he lowered his head and made contact to the QB at the head/neck. Going to get called in today's game. I think back to Kindle ear holing Graham Harrell. That kind of hit might get you a multi-game suspension today. No rule to support it, but they'd make one up just because.

28. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Dobbins down. Twisted knee maybe? OSU has to punt.

29. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Most of the time, OSU has Clemson's receivers covered like a blanket. Lawrence keeps trying to throw passes to covered receivers on the sidelines. Wow, great TD scamper by Lawrence. Now, we have a ball game. 16-14.

30. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Did not know that Lawrence was that fast.