OTHER GAMES

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Chop, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I like having these lightning rod coaches in the game that draw much media attention and controversy. (And the extreme ire of opponents.).

Guys like:

Kiffin
    Leach
    Bielema
    Spurrier
    Mangino
    Etc.

I’d adds a sort of WWE element to it.

2. Fit_Horn

Fit_Horn 25+ Posts

I’ve seen so many plays blown down as soon as the RB is being driven backwards while hopping on one leg. The refs let this one continue to benefit blow u.

3. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Comment of the day from VSIN regarding ILL-PSU...

"Illini have more than 300 yards of rushing and TEN points...Big 10 football in a nutshell."

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

OT

U of I vs PSU

5. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

Keep telling yourself that when Williams collects the hardware in December. I hate OU, but they have a certain mojo that UT has not experienced in 15+ years. UT is dead nationally. Simply an after thought. I hope Sark can right the ship during the remaining schedule.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  6. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Ain’t going to happen. He would only have a shot — just a shot — with a great game against OSU in Bedlam.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Williams is not going to collect hardware in November playing a half a season. He hasn't earned it. And Texas is not dead nationally, just playin possum.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fit_Horn

Fit_Horn 25+ Posts

The heisman has constantly gone to whoever is hyped the most or on a team that gets media bias. That doesn’t mean that winning player is the best in college football.

9. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Bijan and Michigan State’s RB both deserve consideration. I’d say the Ole Miss QB is the front runner.

10. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Trying to pick the best college football player is just plain dumb. Giving credibility to the propaganda and corrupt process by a Downtown Athletic club in New York City is even dumber. Vince Young, Colt McCoy and Peyton Manning (among many others) proved that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  11. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Purdue just hit Wisc QB for sack fumble and 275 pound defender ran the recovery 56 yards for a TD

12. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

One of the best things about getting out of Bowlsby’s league is leaving the terrible officiating. Maybe not so good for OU. The non-calls may not be gifted as much.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  13. MeatHeadHorn

MeatHeadHorn 1,000+ Posts

This Penn State Illinois game… unreal lack of offensive ability. But defense to die for.

• Like Like x 1
  14. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Purdue QB tries to throw to a receiver in the middle of four defenders with predictable results: interception run back to Purdue one yard line

15. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

And the Illini finally scalp Pedophile State University.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

It’s a corrupt league, and the corruption may not be entirely dictated by the league office.

This was not my take but just imagine if on the 4th down play when Kennedy Brooks’ forward progress is stopped — and he’s been pushed backwards, instead of Williams taking the ball from him, Kansas pulls the ball out and runs it in for a touchdown. What are the chances that play standing? Let me answer that question:

Z E R O

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  17. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

My Iowa alum cousins were ecstatic 2 weeks ago when the Hawks beat PSU. Subsequent events tend to indicate that this might not have been quite the stellar achievement they thought it was.

In any case, I will heartily applaud an Illini win over PSU.

[​IMG]CHIEF ILLNIWEK LIVES

• Like Like x 3
  18. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Now that's not a sentiment I've seen expressed before... :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Well, I didn’t elaborate as to what sort of character he was showing…

Why is that guy so despised around here anyway…?

20. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Oskie Bow Wow Illinois!

• Like Like x 2
  21. MeatHeadHorn

I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen that happen before. Yeah, had been stopped once and being pushed back into the ground. Pretty sure I’ve seen fumbles overturned because of forward progress being stopped, but he can essentially fumble it forward behind the line. KU could even expose that secondary. They were going to score based on the last drive.

22. MeatHeadHorn

If you want to see a fundamentally sound, tough, over achieving team with leadership, watch Pitt.

• Like Like x 2
  23. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Did you see the extraordinarily ridiculous call in the ISU OSU game? OMG. Unsportsmanlike on a 46 yard TD that brought it back. One of the worst calls I have ever seen. Absolute joke.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  24. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

Duke,You may not like him but he is good. Why cant we get a QB coach like OU? Much as I hate OU,they will continue to own us with the talent they have and the atttitude the players have. They just want it more than our players.

25. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Definitely a powerful runner. Not sure about the pass. Make him throw to beat you and we will see. He tends to just throw it up quite a bit.

26. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

The refs actually gifted OSU the game against us in 2025. The WORST. officiated game in my lifetime.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I’m now of the opinion the B12 is NoT very good this year. If OU succeeds in getting into the CFP I predict a blow out of OU.

28. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Well, ISU pulled it out…so there is a glimmer — again, a glimmer — for us.

• Hot Hot x 1
  29. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

They just screwed Okie State in the final minute. Guy got the first down by at least the length of the ball, but they spotted it a good foot or two short and then upheld it on review.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. MeatHeadHorn

I need to see anything resembling the fight those two teams just put up from our guys before I start thinking about glimmers of hope of any kind.