OTHER GAMES

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Chop, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

11/20

There’s a good slate of games on today.

Michigan State v Ohio State - the headliner game from the Horseshoe. I want the Spartans. That running game, and a capable QB, combined with a stout D. Winner remains in the playoff hunt. OSU must still face Michigan—a team MSU was fortunate to beat.

Wake Forest at Clemson - a win gets Wake their first division title in a very long time. I think Wake will take them. QB play takes the day here.

U Mass v Army - The caissons are rolling all over Scooby today. U Mass parties regardless.

Purdue at Northwestern - from the friendly confines of Wrigley Field. Purdue in a smash em up.

Rutgers at Penn State. Well here’s an opponent the Lions can master.

Wofford at UNC. :rolleyes1::rolleyes1::rolleyes1:

FSU at BC - no longer a gimme game for the hapless Noles

Mew Mexico State at Kentucky.

ISU at OU - Sooners are vulnerable.

Harvard at Yale - an old classic. This rivalry goes back to 1875. The Yale Bowl is a great ancient stadium. Harvard looks like the better team this year.

UVA at Pitt — Pitt is good, especially QB Pickett. Pitt is gunning for a conference championship.

SMU at Cincinnati - big game in the Ohio Valley today. Can the Ponies knock #5 Cincinnati out of playoff contention?

Arkansas at Alabama - pigs make it interesting.

E Carolina at Navy - a game Navy can win.

Minnesota at Indiana - blah

Michigan at Maryland - Big Blue stomps the Terps. Michigan remains in playoff contention.

Syracuse at NC State

Nebraska at Wisconsin - 3-7 Huskers chalk up another L to the Badgers.

Florida at Missouri - I don’t even think it would be an upset if the Tigers beat the Florida Gators this year. UF coaching seat is getting hotter and hotter.

GT at ND —-Domers prevail. ND is number 8 and still in the playoff picture.

Illinois at Iowa - Bielema has another rough day.

Baylor at KSU - Bears may face a tougher test here than expected.

UCLA at USC —. Love this city matchup. The Bruins look better this year.

AU at So Carolina - AU is pissed off and ready to play.

Va Tech at Miami - two 5-5 teams, one with a coach.

#3 Oregon v #23 Utah - Ducks speed wins the day.

Vanderbilt at #12 Ole Miss - Lane lights up the scoreboard.

#9 Okla State at Texas Tech - watch out. Weird things happen at Jones Stadium in the cold. Plus OSU plays up or down to the level of their opponents. Could be a tight one tonight up on the Plains.

Ariz State at Oregon State - ASU in a good game.

• Like Like x 3
  2. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Enjoy reading your write ups chop, thanks

• Like Like x 1
  3. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Well, I guess I have to confess to being a fair-weather fan for my alma mater. USAFA played Nevada last night. I stayed up to watch it - until Nevada tied it up late in the game. When it went to overtime, I looked at Jordan sitting next to me on the couch and said "USAFA will have to win this one without us - it's bedtime." Jordan made his usual comment - "Meow" - and off to bed we went. I learned this morning that USAFA won 41-39 in the 3rd overtime period.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Okla State v Tech - it will only be in the 50s F, so it will be cool but not too cold. Winds 10 mph with possible gusts higher. As we know, that’s a dangerous place to play on the road this time of year, and Tech has long been a “Giant Killer” upset artist at home. I see danger all over this matchup for the Pokes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Good Grief
    On Game Day the ignorant okies are doing Horns down? Why?

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Mack Brown gets to play the hated w-sips today. The mighty terriers of Wofford.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

They’ll hump his leg.

8. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Clemson is out to a 10 point lead over Wake. They’re working their running game.

9. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Epic butt whoopin in Columbus. 42-0 Bucks.
    :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

Ohio State is still in the thick of the playoff race. But arch-rival Michigan lurks. And if they win that, then there’s Iowa (or someone pretty good) for the B1G championship game.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  10. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Make it 49-0 Ohio State. The Bucks WRs are wide open, and they’re not dropping the catches. 500+ yards of first half offense for Ohio State.

11. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Purdy out for Iowa State. What happened?

12. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Couldnt help but notice Caleb Williams stats with the final minutes winding down...
    8/18 for 87 yards 1 TDs and 1 INT
    Different ou team right now

13. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Pitt's best defensive player (middle LB) thrown out of the game for targeting early in the first quarter (versus Virginia)

14. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Cincy is rolling over SMU

• Hot Hot x 1
  15. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

We wore 'em out. :yes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Arkansas giving Bama a tussle. Don’t want Bama to lose. Helps OU and Aggy.

17. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

When pigs show up hungry, watch out …

18. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Wisconsin is tied with Nebraska late fourth quarter. Badgers ball in their own territory.

19. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I was shocked that SMU went down in flames. I figured it would be a close shootout. I dunno if Dykes is losing some of his luster after this. He was the

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  20. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Fla is bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Any time that USC scores 33 and gets beat by 30 it is a good day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  22. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

Watching Ala-Hogs will make you realize how bad we are. There are not many of our players that could play for either team. How could our evaluation of players be so off? We need to recruit quality players who want to play for Texas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Several games today that defied the metrics...dog bettors would have made a killing at the counter today.

This week effectively ended any chance I had of being top 3 in the ESPN Fans of Hornfans.

• Hot Hot x 1
  24. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Well…. It’s a full moon and last night was a lunar eclipse. Flakes might ascribe some significance to that and the weird and unusual events occurring. I’d say there’s more parity in the sport than I sometimes think there is.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

While Marshall is the hogs real star LB, Bumper Pool has been very good as well. He was not that highly rated or heavily recruited coming out of a Texas high school. He was a 3 star recruit out of Allen Lovejoy HS who ran a 5.01 40 yard dash. That’s one fast 5.01 40 running dude! Like you said, evaluation is important. So is development and scheme.

26. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Cam Rising playing on prime time ABC leading Utah to a potential Pac12 South title if they can beat #3 Oregon. Silly guy he could have stayed on the 40 acres and gone to Morgantown today for the fun. Up 14-0 in the 2nd qtr.

Even more crazy that JQJ went to Utah too. These guys are missing all the fun.

27. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Utah up 28-0 at the half.

• Hot Hot x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

Nurses that I've dated swear that full moons pack the ERs. And I'm definitely a believer in energies. But as it applies to CFB, Vegas probably exerts the most influence of them all.

29. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I just popped on here to point this very thing out, LHAB.
    And what would have become of him here is the question??

30. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

I know this is the norm in the day of the portal but it’s hard to see given the current state of our program.