OTHER GAMES

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Chop, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Didn’t see that one coming. Weird day in CFB indeed.

2. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Shane Beamer has just taken South Carolina to bowl eligible in his first year. Haven’t been to a bowl since 2018. Half the year they had to convert a grad assistant who had one year left of eligibility back to QB. Don’t tell me this crap about how a first year coach can’t come in and win.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Depends on the locker room.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

The consensus was on the Yutes ("did you say...yutes?") but it was still anticipated to be a game that was much closer.

5. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

My point was I do not think he would be nearly as effective on our team...through no fair of his own.
    He made the right move

6. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

What a game at the Alamodome. Maybe the most exciting I have been to in 70 years. 36,000 screaming fans made UAB have several false start penaltines. The most noise I have ever heard at a game. UTSA is 11 - 0. All looked lost when UAB got the ball with two minutes left. With great defense and using timeouts UTSA gets the ball back 80 yards away with one minute left. TD pass with three seconds left won it.

Guys this UTSA team is extremely well coached and I thing could give almost anyone a good game. Harris the QB dropped three long balls in the receiver's pocket. Another the receiver came down with his toes on the tip of the sideline. I disagreed cause it looked good on the screen but upstairs would not overrule the call on the field. His touch on short passes is incredible. When the receiver makes his break the ball is there.

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  7. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

So...to be clear...Texas IS, in fact, back...

• Like Like x 1
  8. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

runners have three good men on offense and they get the most out of all three every week

the coach is in his second year but this team has been playing together for several

and they don’t have the distractions we have in Austin

that was the biggest crowd they have played for in SA

their coach is great at getting the most out of what he’s got. Like any superb high school coach

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

Egg Bowl tonight has the makings of a classic. The Leach/Kiffin psychological chess game is already good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Yes indeed. #9 Ole Miss drives to Starkville to take on Miss State in the Egg Bowl. Two controversial top notch offensive minds square off. I’m for the Pirate, but what Lane has done with Ole Miss in his first year has been most impressive.

:miss:
    :missst:

• Like Like x 2
  11. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Heard one rumor that Kiffin is looking for his next gig already. With him nothing would surprise me, particularly in the incestuous SEC.

12. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Did anyone see the end of the Bears-Lions game? Talk about ineptitude by the Lions. They don’t deserve to win.

In case you missed it, with the Bears behind by a point and facing a third and nine from the Lions 12 or so with about 1:50 on the clock, inexplicably the Lions called two consecutive time outs (of the 3 they still had available), were penalize five yards for calling consecutive TOs, and the Bears made the 4 yards for a FD to basically wrap up the game with a FG.

13. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Final
    #3. Oregon 7
    #23 Utah. 38

• Hot Hot x 3
  14. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

I don't know who called that 2nd timeout. Seriously. No idea.

15. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

Florida. Bet on it.

• Hot Hot x 1
  16. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

Yeah, I enjoy Leach. The pre-game talk in the rain must be interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

Flying the Jolly Roger!

18. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Kiffin started trying to decide between FSU and the Convicts, then came LSU, and now Florida. Florida is the best of those four. FSU is OK, but travels very poorly. Convicts following will fit in the back of an F150. Baton Rouge is great, but the most demanding of the three. Hope he goes to Gainesville.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Chop, this is Kiffin's second season.

20. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

If our OL gave Hudson or Casey as much time as MSU’s Rogers gets, they’d pass for 300+ yards per game.

Leach still hasn’t gotten a Leach style QB to Starkville yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

The Lions should be relegated to the Canadian Football League.

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Leach needs to portal in multiple QBs.

The Leach concept is there. The execution is mostly not.

23. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Nice long drive by State. But then they get the drops real bad in the red zone, and it all goes for nothing. Pass literally bounced off State’s RB’s face mask… Then a sure TD pass was dropped by the WR. Why can’t Leach catch the dang ball?!?!? :rolleyes1:

Then, to top it all off, their kicker missed a short FG with less than a minute before halftime.

Miss State 6
    Ole Miss 10

24. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Why would you say that? Just because his WRs dropped three TD passes in a row, they were obviously thinking about their fat little girlfriends.

• Funny Funny x 4
  25. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Yeah really! Classic Leach quote.

And when they say Mississippi State is a cow college, they’re not ki….., errrrrr, never mind…..

• Funny Funny x 3
  26. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

The CFL exercised their right of first refusal...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

San Diego State was down 16-3 to Boise but now up 27-16. Broncos just can't move the ball at all. Would be fun to see SDSU get a shot to upset a decent P5 team in a bowl.

• Hot Hot x 1
  28. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Woah!

Nebraska with a fumble recovery and a 14-6 lead over Iowa.
    This must be for the “Corn Cup” or something.

• Funny Funny x 2
  29. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

And the Huskers power it in for another TD.

Where has this Husker team been all year?

30. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Iowa blocks punt and runs it in for td. Iowa recovers a fumble. That is where Nebraska has been all year.

• Funny Funny x 2