OTHER GAMES

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Chop, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Baylor goes 12-2 with a QB who'd have been 3rd string for Texas. They really are a strong resemblance of 2009 Nebraska.

We should only chant it when we win conference games.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

I have never hated Baylor. Briles and company, Starr's and crew yes, but it has a superb law school, good academics and also hired Teaff and Rhule (who got no mention I heard last night) and played real smart overall this year.

Aranda seems as bright as TH thinks he is and appears humble in his public appearances. What is not to like?

Sort of the opposite of Brother Kiffin

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I dislike Baylor intensely, but Aranda seems like a really good guy and an excellent coach.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Sane ags on texags admitted Baylor was the tops in Texas this year.

• Hot Hot x 2
  5. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Cooper Kupp is one amazing receiver. Just set Rams all time record for receiving yards in a single season, replacing Isaac Bruce

• Hot Hot x 2
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  6. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

D’Onta Foreman leads all NFL rushers so far today with 129 yards so far

• Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I’ve watched him on NFL RedZone every week. To me he looks like one of the better backs in the League right now.

8. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

A wonderful show. Every Sunday I have to get finished with all my to-dos ahead of time so that I'm ready to sit down for "seven hours of commercial-free football!" :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

From the perspective of the players, right?

10. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Ouch--Browns punter Colquitt just jammed his kicking toe into the turf before he contacted the ball. Somehow managed to kick it 20 yards anyway, but you could tell that hurt.

11. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Steelers have nine QB sacks tonight. Browns' line is just terrible--injuries I guess.

12. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

They opted out.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Colts just needed to beat the lowly Jags today to make the playoffs, but Indy (particularly Wentz) is having a terrible day and is losing 23-3 late in the third.

14. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Lil Jordan just made a pretty catch—hit vey hard as he made it but held on.

15. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

After three Wentz turnovers in about 15 minutes in the 2nd half I don’t understand why he wasn’t pulled.

16. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Poona Ford has sacked Murray twice today

• Like Like x 6
  17. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Jimmy G, bad thumb and all, drove SF the length of the field in about a minute for a TD to tie the game with about 30 seconds left.

18. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

As horrid as Wentz was, I wonder what the coach was thinking by not trying someone else at QB...what did they have to lose? The game was already over. But by sticking with Wentz, it was like watching Texas all those years refusing to give QB2 any meaningful snaps during a game...

19. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Big ups to Jimmy G--after leading the team to the tying TD, he marched them on a 7:15 drive to start the OT, ending in a chip shot FG, after which Stafford was intercepted to seal a playoff spot for the Niners.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

“analytics” call by Chargers coach. Trailing by 3 early in the third, they go for it on fourth and a long 1 at their own 18. Run is stuffed. Las Vegas capitalizes with a FG

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
  21. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Early in the second quarter and the Steelers already have punted five times. KC hasn't done anything on offense either so far. . . .
    . . . on the next play after he was penalized for grabbing the face mask, T J Watt picked up a KC fumble and ran it in for a score. Incredibly, the Steelers lead in the second quarter. Surely, this can't last, can it?
    . . .
    nope — K C drives right down the field and ties the game on its next possession
    . . .
    KC scores again with less than 2 minutes left in the half.
    . . .
    KC drives for another score in about 50 seconds near the end of the half. Oh well, it wasn’t supposed to be a competitive game, and it isn’t

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  22. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

How do you completely lose Travis Kelce on a 3rd and 20?

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Good game between Bengals and Titans so far. Tied at the beginning of the fourth. Joe B has been sacked 9 times. Foreman running very well. Bengals intercept tipped ball at midfield with 20 seconds left. Completed pass into FG range with 15 seconds left. mixon runs for 2. 9 seconds left. time out. 4 seconds left. gonna be about 52 yard attempt. Good. The number one seed goes down at home

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  24. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

Titans lose in the final seconds. Probably some residual Houston curse at work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Of the teams remaining in the playoffs, the Titans have by far the weakest QB. That was probably the difference today. Aside from QB they are a very good team.

BTW, I have watched Foreman all year. He is the real deal, and was a better RB than Henry in this game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  26. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Niners defense keeping it close with very little help from the SF offense into the third quarter. . .

. . . SF pulls out the win. Both AFC and NFC number 1 seeds lost today.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  27. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Guess the Bye Week wasn't a big help this year...

28. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

Feel bad for all those Packers fans who sat through a chilly night at Lambeau Field to see their top seeded team lose.

29. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Though so happy to see Aaron, I'm special, Rogers lose.

• Agree Agree x 3
  30. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

The Packers defense gives up 6 points and they lose the game—wow.

• Like Like x 1