OU -13 over UT

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by gahornphan, Sep 30, 2018.

1. gahornphan

gahornphan 500+ Posts

2. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

I figured it would open around 11 or 12 so 13 is in that range. Frankly, OU should be a double digit favorite.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Easy money guys, Texas is the better team.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  4. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

Maybe we will beat them by -13.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

-13 shows no respect for Texas. -7 to -9 range is a better guess. Just goes to show you that running up the score on a weaker opponent is better than that opponent score 33 on your defense (and 26 of those points were while the game was close).
    It would be closer if Texas had any vertical passing game. Which is stupid because ou's biggest weakness is run defense.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  6. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

I will take TEXAS and the 13 points for sure. GO HORNS!:ousucks::ousucksnana:

• Like Like x 1
  7. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I am thrilled about the line. Thrilled. And I guarantee you that TH and Orlando are as well.

Thank you oddsmakers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I want what you're smoking.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Take the line. Herman and team are better in the tough games.

10. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Quite frankly, the spread illustrates that everyone realizes that Texas has no consistency on the offensive side of the ball and has demonstrated an inability to make any sort of adjustments at the half. Add in that we have nothing in the QB position that illustrates the ability to include touch to a pass and that the OC does not believe in utilizing the biggest weapons on the roster an the line makes sense.

Fortunately, Texas HAS shown the ability to play SOME defense or this would have easily been 24 points. And yes, in-conference games involving a conference leader do occasionally see large spreads (as the SEC schedule has demonstrated earlier this season).

There is no question that #OUStillSucks has shown they cannot play anything resembling defense and that a sieve is more likely to stop water passing through it than the land thieves will an offense going up against it. However, Texas has not shown a consistency to abuse such defenses. Until The Binder gains that consistency, I have zero qualms about the lack of respect from the bookmakers that some believe has been shown here...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

mb, last year, with a new HC, a new offensive system, a true freshman QB, mediocre running backs, a depleted O-Line and facing a Heisman caliber QB, we took OU Sucks to the brink.

I like our chances.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

We can't run up the score on weaker opponents. Lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

What happened last year is irrelevant. Whether we win or lose by 50.

14. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

While I certainly hope for a win, we STILL are saddled with a QB playing like a freshman and who has zero consistency in his passing. A QB that has to be aided by players making outstanding efforts AFTER catching a ball well short of the sticks or who makes a diving catch is NOT one that lends to believe in staying with prolific offense.

I won't be betting the game simply because I don't like large spread games, but unless The Binder gets some pages added and MensaBoy shows a willingness to make adjustments as the game progresses AND at halftime, I see the television being turned off early next week.

I have yet to see any real plausible explanation for how we scored ZERO points in the second half against the Purple Wizard. Instead, they hamstrung the offense by failing to adjust. That cannot happen again if Texas wants to return to prominence. And no, being 18th in a poll is NOT a return to prominence.

15. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Let me take a shot at this. If I am not mistaken (and I could be), we only had three possessions in the second half. On one we missed an FG, a second we had to give the ball up and the third one was a game ending, time-consuming drive that probably could have generated points.

Basically KSU dominated our defense in the 2nd half and when we had the ball, admittedly, we weren’t highly effective but also, we decided to play it conservatively. Given the opponent and the way the game was unfolding, I don’t have a problem with the strategy.

Probably no one, including those on this board, believed that we would handle USC and TCU like we did in consecutive weeks. Given the pressure of those two games and the opponent yesterday, I’m satisfied with the win.

Can we beat OU playing like we did in Manhattan? Probably not.
    Can we beat them playing like we did against the two previous opponents? Probably.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

Vegasinsider.com has everyone (so far) with ousux -7.5

17. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

As I said.

18. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

BOMMER!

(taken by a Baylor fan this weekend)

sonner.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

20. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

I know one thing. I had no hope last year. None at all and we could have won. This year I'd say it's 20/80, but that's a lot better than what I had last year. This game will be decided by turnovers. We may need to win that battle 3-0 and shorten the game to 10 possessions per team, but we do that, we win.