OU agrees to play Ohio State

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by DeadHorse, Jan 15, 2008.

1. DeadHorse

DeadHorse 1,000+ Posts

Looks like the Sooners will see the beauty and friendliness that is Columbus:

The Link

2. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

OU's OOC is pretty badass for the next 10 years or so.

3. SINCE73

SINCE73 250+ Posts

tOSU
    TENN
    FSU
    WASH
    ND
    Cincy
    TCU
    Miami

4. Mr. Orange

Mr. Orange 100+ Posts

we schedule like ******* compared to the teams we like to compare ourselves to.

5. MaxHorn

MaxHorn 250+ Posts

I may hate OU, but damn do I love their OOC scheduling.

I might even have to root for OU in these matchups as memories of Columbus are still too fresh in my mind. OK, "root for OU" is the wrong way to put it--- let's just say "hate OU slightly less than their opponent on this particular day" instead.

6. numbereleven

numbereleven 250+ Posts

I want to be in Columbus when there are also a bunch of Sooners there. By which I mean, that would suck balls.

7. kbrown

kbrown 1,000+ Posts

I don't remember if it was the last time they played but I remember a game in Columbus back in the 70's that OU won on an late Uve Von Schammann?? field goal.

8. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

9. TumpTheWagon

TumpTheWagon 25+ Posts

10. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

Buckeye fans will finally meet their match.

11. Real_Texas

Real_Texas 25+ Posts

This thread should be renamed: "Coming soon to a ******** near you... Dirt Burglars vs. Coach Burners".

I do wish we treated our OOC as they do. [​IMG]

12. BigEarlinBastrop

BigEarlinBastrop 250+ Posts

13. kuzkuz

kuzkuz < 25 Posts

And OSU is playing USC the next 2 years, also has Miami on the docket in 2011, and maybe they're good by then.

Either way, bet those fans enjoy watching big time college football under the national spotlight.

Those 2 games against OSU was such a teasing taste of what it's like to have good scheduling.

14. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

Come on DeLoss and Mack! Do the same thing. It makes the team better for the rest of the season to have a marquee game early in the season. Arkansas doesn't cut it.

15. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

Are they playing at the shoe at night?

16. TheTresLeches

TheTresLeches 250+ Posts

17. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

Are you referring to the ND that plays all the service academies every year?

Who knew that the Coast Guard even had an academy? [​IMG]

18. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

battle of the ******** fan bases

19. SDHornEsq

SDHornEsq 25+ Posts

Can we finally get Rice off the schedule?

20. jadedscenester

jadedscenester 100+ Posts

can we get one of those big plastic bubbles like in the simpsons movie and quarantine the whole area on that date?

21. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del 500+ Posts

22. jaw43

jaw43 25+ Posts

I thought this was going to be a thread about a game to see who was the worst BCS loser. Oh well, I thought wrong.

23. Shark4

Shark4 2,500+ Posts

24. jaw43

jaw43 25+ Posts

I kind of knew that tOSU didn't have a bad record overall in the BCS. But in the last couple of years.....

I think the approach these teams have to the Bowl games must be sort of off. OSU's last win was against a terrible Notre Dame. I'll bet Tressel's teams would do better in a playoff - as they did at Youngstown.

OU - it's wierd how they have so much difficulty in the BCS games. I like it, but it's wierd. I wish the Fiesta Bowl prediction thread from last year was available (someone help me out if it is). I predicted a Boise win and I couldn't find it after that game was over. I wanted to see what I had said, but I was at my in-laws' in a boozy stupor and I had no computer anyway.

Sorry for the ramble.

25. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

26. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

"Texas has a difficult enough XII schedule"

I've heard it and I don't like it.

I believe that by scheduling tOSU made the 2005 undefeated team ready to play.

It is my understanding that Texas and Miami were considering a 2 game home and home a few years back.

Does anyone know why didn't?

27. AstroVol

AstroVol 500+ Posts

Can't help you with who has the better BCS record, but I can tell you who has the worse record against SEC teams in bowl games!

28. orange_pride

orange_pride 100+ Posts

i also hate ou but ou's ooc schedule is badass.

29. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

30. marley

marley 500+ Posts

Excellent. The program headed for the death penalty will get to meet the team with the 2nd worst fans in the NCAA.