OU beats Tech, OSU beats OU, Texas slips into MNC?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Zuerst, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Zuerst

Zuerst 250+ Posts

Say if OU crushes Tech, Tech drops big. Maybe OU jumps Texas maybe not.

OSU then beats OU, dropping OU below/even lower than Texas.

And Tech goes to B12 championship game... but even if they win, will they make up enough ground to jump Texas into the number 2 BCS spot?

2. UTFanFromAZ

UTFanFromAZ 250+ Posts

Epic fail of a thread. has been already reviewed 100x over

3. Zuerst

Zuerst 250+ Posts

haha wow

4. WashU-Horn

WashU-Horn 500+ Posts

No. Under that scenario, there are TWO 1 loss teams in the South: Texas and TT. Who do you think gets to play for the Big 12 title?

5. UTeed

UTeed 100+ Posts

He just said that TT plays in the Big 12 title game but ranked (BCS) below UT.

6. LonghornGirlie

LonghornGirlie 500+ Posts

Sometimes the reading comprehension on this board is a bit disheartening.

7. OUsucksATMblows

OUsucksATMblows 250+ Posts

I truly think that when tech loses (which I honestly think they will in Norman) they will be severly punished by the voters. Tech is not a "texas" "ou" "bama" or "florida". They just don't have the name recognition that the traditional powerhouses have. Fair or unfair, they will see a significant drop in the human polls which will eliminate them from MNC consideration. Just my 2 cents but I think that's what we will see.

So to answer the OP's question, I think you could see Texas not play in the CCG and play in the MNC ala Nebraska a few years back. Of course some other things have to happen but in the BCS world, anything is possible.

8. borna_horn

borna_horn 1,000+ Posts

My first post on this after Saturday's games (its probably on page 4 by now) surmised that this is the best option for Texas. It simply has always been the rule that teams that lose drop. They would have to virtually not drop at all to stay ahead of Texas. Plus Texas would be guaranteed the highest computer rating in the Big 12.

The thing to remember is that this option eliminates OU from the picture and pits 1-loss Tech vs. 1-loss Texas. I like our chances in that matchup.

Also, this scenario follows the rule of thumb so far in the Big 12 South that the home team wins. I think it is very plausible.

Plus, when you come down to it, I am not so sure Tech beats Missouri. Keep in mind that Tech's big wins have come at home. I could easily see Tech losing to both OU and Mizzou while OU loses in Stillwater. That would be a slam dunk for Texas, our cleanest, clearest path to the MNC short of an upset of Tech by Baylor.

9. austintex

austintex 500+ Posts

But wait ... I have read on the internets that you have to win your conference championship to play in the MNC game, and I believe everything I read.