OU Coaches to USC

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by NRHorn, Dec 4, 2021.

1. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

BREAKING: Lincoln Riley joined by defensive coordinator Alex Grinch, WRs coach Dennis Simmons, director of ops Clarke Stroud & strength coach Bennie Wylie arrived a private hanger at Will Rogers airport to depart for Los Angeles this morning.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hot Hot x 2
  2. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Boomer!

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Eeerbody!

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. ATX_Horns

ATX_Horns 250+ Posts

:idk:Coach Manning

I mean .. he is crootin for em’

5. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

Here’s to hoping they build a staff that can lose to Baylor and Ok St.

Just kidding. Have lots of respect for Lincoln. USC not so much.

6. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Wonder how, or even if, the coaching change will effect ou’s crootin’.

7. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

So positive! Thanks for posting!

8. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

I am just hoping they keep Stoops and he brings back his brother as DC

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

Again, pile on. It was a joke. Not negative to hope USC does worse than us. Also said I respect Limcoln. Please find the negative.

10. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I respect Limcoln too. He was a terrific mayor. I bought some bitcoln too. Take it to West Mall.

11. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

West Mall has nothing to do with respecting Lincoln Riley for his accomplishments.
    Take your comments to the outhouse

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Riley had proved to be a POS. I hate OU and OU sucks, but that dude went scorched earth on a university that gave him his first HC job. I have zero respect for him. But zero respect for posters that don’t sponsor either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

oh the butt of
    Texas is whining again

Stay in Tennessee

14. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

You blame Riley for leaving a school you hate. Yet he too probably knew what a POS school it is and wanted out. He seems to be taking a large portion of his staff which says he is honorable to those who he trusts. So yeah he must be a terrible guy to want to leave OU and bring his friends with him.

15. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Meth is a hard drug. Then spelling.

16. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Methican detected.

17. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

Sorry never took a drug in my life. How are they? Since you are so enlightening.

18. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

Mr. Wannabe sponsor police. You are the reason people are reluctant to sponsor.

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  19. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

No, that argument's simply ridiculous on the face of it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

Actually not at all. Anyone who comes on here and makes a comment that someone disagrees with then sponsor gets thrown around.
    Also we were discussing things on a separate thread where that guy jumped in and then he comes to this separate thrrad to start crap. Unacceptable.

No one wants to pay to be admonished by a keyboard bully. That is not what this site is about or stands for at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Ask OU players and those he has been recruiting up until his launch to LA what they think of Riley’s credibility.

22. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Might as well send that stoopid Schooner with him at this point...

• Funny Funny x 2
  23. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

I agree the situation sucks for kids with commitments. But this is the business part of things. We can’t expect coaches to not have the same desire we all do. New challenges, more money, maybe a place we would rather live. I don’t and won’t pretend to know what Riley, Beard or any coach thinks. I respect Lincoln as a coach. He inherited a great program and kept them at the top. Maybe he will succeed or maybe he will fail at USC. I don’t begrudge him for leaving Norman.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I do I understand at some level and I’ve been to Norman as well as LA- there is a difference.
    I do find it odd to recruit a kid while knowing that what I’m telling him is not accurate- and I’ll never be able to prove it- but I don’t think I could do that.
    If Riley was so unhappy about the SEC, he should have been really upfront with the kids and the university.
    My point is that he could get a job at multiple locations he could have said that and the jack in the box announcement was not good. Just my opinion.
    From all accounts, this caught everyone by surprise.
    And the money? I’ve said this before- when is enough enough?

• Like Like x 1
  25. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

Looks like a few recruits are already going to follow him as well. College football sure has changed with $, NLI, and the portal. Not a fan of all that but it is what it is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Yes, why should athletes get to pick where they go to school?

27. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Or change their minds if they don’t like it there?

28. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

As great of a coach as Stoops is, he and Castiglione have their work cut out for them. It really is like the OSS Titanic hit the iceberg. An amazing turn of events.

29. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

the portal is a reality. athletes can change to a better situation, and do, and we're glad when they choose us. choosing to follow their coach seems the MOST reasonable reason to portal.

seems like a false narrative. hate the portal, but it's here.

i can't tell you how many times in business someone asked a question about a situation that i wasn't able to tell the truth on. or tell the truth YET. it isn't terrible, just complicated.

just hope the next ouSUX coach is coachSUX also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

upload_2021-12-6_6-39-40.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1