OU fans on UT side

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by SHS1984, Oct 12, 2014.

1. SHS1984

SHS1984 250+ Posts

My son and I were sitting in the upper prom in the Horn's endzone.
    OU people were sitting all over this area. The Horns must have a good season next year so this does not happen again. It really takes away from the enjoyment of the game with so many of them near me.

I would never sit among them during the game even if I was offered free tickets.

Did anyone else have this same experience?

2. Turtle

Turtle 25+ Posts

OU gets the section in the upper endzone on UT side to make up for the seats that are displaced by the scoreboard on the OU side. I know, it sucks.....but so does OU.

3. bck031

bck031 1,000+ Posts

Last year there were ou fans in our section.

4. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Texas fans shouldn't sell their tickets to anyone but Longhorns, but they do

5. SunBurntOrange

SunBurntOrange 500+ Posts

6. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

7. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

It goes both ways. My stepdad - an Okie all his life - and my mother had OU season tickets for years, and when they would get tix for the game, mom - being a hardcore Longhorn fan - would deck out in her burnt orange gear and sit among the toothless horde. She caught a lot of hell from them - some good natured, most not - but she always held her ground. It was worth it to her to be there.

8. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

It is unfortunate the Cotton Bowl allows the OU section up in the Texas end zone. I know the reason for it, but it creates a lot of hostility.
    As for the other teams' fans scattered about in the Texas section, it always happens when they are favored. I too wish UT fans would try hard to sell to other Horn fans, like I do, but many do not.
    At this game, one side should be all orange, the other all red.

9. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

10. tejas77

tejas77 1,000+ Posts

11. cmtsip

cmtsip 500+ Posts

Your mom is my hero, too, Meso!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. geode

geode 100+ Posts

Uh, DFW area is full of oakies.

13. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

14. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

With thousands of tickets on stub hub for $100 it's no wonder okies bought them up.