ou favored by 10.5

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Joe Fan, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I've been surprised by some of the comments coming from our players. We normally dont do this. We will have to wait until Saturday to see if this was a good thing or bad thing to do.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

At least one poster, who shall remain unidentified by me, thinks she's hot.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We will have to see what Hurts says after, assuming he is conscious

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Whoever it is is cocky and relaxed about his feelings toward this thing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

What? You think Baker chose the wrong shade? Maybe burnt orange would have been better?

7. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Seems like they have been reading the press clippings and social media...NOT a good thing for players.....Though OU hasn't played anyone yet, neither has Texas; other than an untested LSU and we lost that one. OU may not have played anyone but they have beaten the hell out of those they have played. We barely beat WVU who got spanked by Missouri. My point is our players shouldn't be talking **** at all.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Too late for that

10. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

At least we find out whether we can beat them if we get in the title game. Last year we won because they came in thinking it would be a cakewalk, and before they woke up we were way ahead . They got their crap together in the 4th qtr and stormed back after we thought we had it won. They prepared for a battle in December and came out on top.....Both teams will come ready to play now and we will see who is better. October 12th winner will also win in December if both teams make it to the title game and injuries aren't a major factor then.

11. BurntOrangeLH

Ah, BJ was merely trying to help Jalen out and keep him safe as Jalen has never played in a RRR.

But Jalen thinks the Iron Bowl is comparable. If you go read Saturdays Down South, a SEC news organ, they think the RRR is just another game not nearly as intense as the Iron Bowl or FL vs. GA.

Jalen is about to get educated. BJ is just trying to tutor and protect him.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The City of Dallas is making some special preparations to welcome to town our land thieving neighbors

• Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A snippet from Scipio of Inside Texas to get you prepared for their OL scheme

" ... The Oklahoma OL holds constantly. This is a feature, not a bug. OU understands that they have a big play offense and that their new OL is more massive than skilled, so getting away with ten holds to every one called is an exchange they'll take every time as it's going to result in net points and yards over the course of a game. Their goal is to collapse defenders to the interior and create space outside: for the QB to throw through clean windows, for Hurts to bail on a scramble for an easy 15 yards. How the officials choose to deal with this will be significant in the game outcome, but there's also a tremendous onus placed on Texas defenders..."

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  14. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

seen better. Had worse.

• Funny Funny x 5
  15. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Games aren't that simple. In the first game, they were whipped and done. Our last 2 drives before the FG drive we had 8 and 11 yds on 1st down but had holding calls on both. Set us back and we didn't pick up the first downs. If we don't hold Murray sees the ball maybe one time. Their D was cooked after long drive after long drive. It's not that they got their **** together, it's that we got lax mentally. 2nd game more of the same. In the 2nd game we had 13 penalties for 128 yds. No one is going to win against a good team with penalties like that. WE need to play smart, 0-1 turnover and < 50 yds of penalties. We do that and we win. Football isn't just about what you do, but what you don't do.

But this thought that OU woke up, no... we let them back in the game with stupid holding penalties and playing prevent D.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. BurntOrangeLH

"Their D was cooked after long drive after long drive."

Which is how Texas built that 21 point lead. People keep whelping for impact plays of 50 yds. or more, but an offense controlling the LOS grinding the opposing defense down and burning clock while keeping the opposing Offense off the field has a lot of advantages.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Ball control is how I think we win Saturday. Hope Ingram can contribute. I know RJ and KJ will. Hope the secondary is ready. This game is speed against physical. Hoping physical wins!

18. BurntOrangeLH

But Duvernay, Smith and Eagles means Texas has speed too. I hope we use it wisely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I've thought about this a lot this week. I typically dont like it...and have been proud of the type of team TH has guided, in contrast to the trash-talking classless antics of Orgerons LSU. BUT....I think the guys took some notes from that game. I have considered if LSU came in with a mental advantage due to some of the things leading up to it and right before. Its tricky business, and can go both ways, but if you know who you're talking to and why and you can back it up...it can pay dividends. Let's hope our guys know what they are talking about and come Saturday to let OU know early the talk will be supported by play on the field. I think we've been the more physical team for a few years now...want to see it at 11am (or before) on Saturday.

• Like Like x 1
  20. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I just don't want to see OU receivers running wide open across the middle all day.
    I know we want to stop the run, but our LBs need to keep on top of things back there.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Hot Hot x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Let us see if it matters. If we win by 2 TDs, I too will flip flop and endorse it. LOL

22. BurntOrangeLH

SI gets it wrong again. How do they get away with publishing such inaccurate trash? Did not Baker the Faker start for TTU against Texas in a game TTU lost? He is 2-2 against UT in my book. Another article (ESPN, I think) mentioned Baker was 2-0 against Texas his last two years while completely ignoring he was 0-2 the two years before.

Nowhere in the article are differences between the Universities like admission standards or athletic department conduct standards mentioned. Just a total sham piece. But it is SI. Where is Dan Jenkins when creditably has evaporated?

Facing Longhorns gets personal for Texans like Mayfield, Murray and Hurts

23. BurntOrangeLH

24. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

He will just mosey over to the Hans Mueller tent, where my Aggie friends will have that game on their giant screen; enjoy some great sausage, the best jerky, and great friends.

25. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

Absolutely correct. Control the ball with time consuming physical drives that end in touchdowns and hold them to fg's. Orlando needs to bring a four man rush and they need to keep containment with a push into Hurt's face. The outside rushers cannot get too wide or get taken behind Hurts. If we blitz, it should be with the d-line slanting to the opposite side from where the blitz is coming. Herman should start bitching now about the dirt burglars holding which they do as a strategy and have done as long as I can remember.

26. BurntOrangeLH

There is an organized aTm meeting place at RRR? That really speaks to how badly their program blows.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

No Aggie meeting place, just a great family serving wonderful food

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

29. BurntOrangeLH

Oh, OK. I was confused.

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 1