OU @ Texas

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by LutherIsMyDog, Feb 11, 2022.

1. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Saturday at 7:00 is the rematch between the #16 Horns and the #12 Sooners. OU is tied for first place in the Big 12 standings. Let’s get this party started and end the Sooners four game winning streak.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Horns by 10. Mark it down! Last game they shot 33% and had 24 turnovers and still almost won. That won’t happen at home. I also think it’s a big advantage that this is a 7pm game. Gives OU all day to lay around in their hotel room.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I like your optimism. Madi Williams is a tough match-up for Horns. Don’t really have anyone to slow her down. Perhaps with Lattimore playing well last game, she can. I think holding Williams down is the key. Robertson can really shoot the ball but Robertson is the difficult one.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I thought we were going to win the last time so keep that in mind when I say that I feel very good about our chances this time. They are beatable. Our defense will be there. I’m not worried about that. If our offense simply improves a tiny bit over last time, we will win.

I believe we will win. :bevo:

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Okay, Coach Vic says his strategy for the last game was to "beat them defensively and score just enough points to win." (Wish I'd known that going in so I wouldn't keep harping about offense and hitting the liquor cabinet.) :rolleyes1: In any event, I really think that this game is going to take UT cleaning up its fouls (read Matharu) and more scoring (read Matharu), along with its usual great defense.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

When you turn a team over 27 times and can't capitalize because you turn around and give it back an unforced 24 times...
    Cut that out and it should be a completely different game this time around. :hookem2:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

Texas wins by at least 12. I’m coming to the game and bringing 7 people... We have to cut down on those turnovers and take it at em. I could see Lattimore having another BIG game.... Does Vic try Lattimore on Williams? GO HORNS!!!

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
  8. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I’m coming with 3! :hookem::arrow-up: at 7pm!!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

OU’s coach. Another one of those who thinks she’s Kim Mulkey chewing on the refs the entire time. I wish they’d just tell her to quit yapping. Reminds me of a chihuahua.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

My gosh, will the turnovers ever stop? As Brnkj said above, it would be a completely different game. We could even a comfortable lead. C'mon gals, take care of the ball in the next period.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Turnovers and transition defense!

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

One point ballgame at the Half. Texas out rebounding OU by 14 (and just happens to equal their 14 offensive boards). No Texas player has more than one foul not even Matharu yay!

12 turnovers OUCH

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

They're killing me! :soapbox:

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Surely Vic will fix the transition defense…god knows how to stop the rampant turnovers. Both those issues are because of the lack of focus. How are they not focused for a game like this?

15. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

It looks like everyone is cleaning up their fouling, but now they actually look
    Iike they're playing a little soft. Williams and Company have had some easy trips to the basket. I know, I'm hard to please...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Technical - as the coach whines “That’s not fair!”
    Life isn’t fair girl.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

Up 12. 4:00 to go in the 3Q. Put Matharu in for Rori and let Joanne run point!! We need a 3 with the rhythm we got going right now!!

• Like Like x 4
  18. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

To me, this clock problem is a disgrace, considering the millions Texas pours into athletics. I realize things can break, but you don't see this in many college games and no NBA games I recall.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

End of third period...20 point lead! OMG, Shay...missing Celeste who?:yippee::yippee:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Messing up the game flow!

21. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

W 78-63

Shay Holle :hookem2:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  22. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

That’s why you have Holle and Warren in at the same time! They bring such a good rhythm and hustle to the game that you love to see. Then two defensively is great to see. Also have to give credit to Ebo who played amazing tonight in the paint. If Texas can get that from her consistently this team can go very far:hookem:

Edit: can’t forget about Allen-Taylor!! She didn’t force anything and took what the defense gave her and they couldn’t stop it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  23. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Wow, who saw that second half coming? Very impressive! I could get spoiled.:bevo::bevo:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Bring on the Joens Sisters!!

• Like Like x 5
  25. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Don't all coaches do this? Fighting for their team?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  26. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

I agree that Shae was good tonight. And seeing her play more tells me that she's part of the Longhorns' future. I also enjoyed watching Lattimore tonight. Next year's core - Lattimore, Holle, Harmon, (Moore, Gaston)?. Good freshmen coming in...

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  27. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Nope. Not like her. Were you there? Did you see the technical?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
  28. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Good, solid win! Still need to clean up those turnovers and be better at the free throw line. Another big one coming up Wednesday night.:hookem2:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  29. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 250+ Posts

Good win, wish we would use the bench more at times. Big fan of OU coach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I'm concerned and starting to wonder about Moore and if she sticks around or not.

• Agree Agree x 3