OU tickets

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by hudsonhorn, Jul 13, 2009.

1. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

Same question Waxa raised about Wyoming tickets. When will season ticket holders know whether they will get OU tickets?

2. 4th&5

4th&5 1,000+ Posts

I think it's 2 or 3 weeks before the game.

[​IMG]

3. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

In my past experiences, I usually get the tickets by the middle of September... or in this case for this year, about 4 weeks before the game! [​IMG]

4. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

Thanks, guys.

5. Gone To Texas

Gone To Texas 500+ Posts

Sure would be nice to know sooner than September... so that if I didn't get them I can get my $400 back.

6. bassale47

bassale47 1,000+ Posts

Last year, I believe everyone who donated at least the minimum $150 to the LHF was able to get OU tickets, due to the expansion of the Cotton Bowl. So that should help you determine how likely you are to get tickets.

7. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

bass, I understand. But this year is different and it would help to know prior to September (for sure) in order to make travel plans and motel/hotel reservations. But I understand this is the LHF and nothing is easy. You don't want to hear my tale of woe about the baseball super-regionals when they wouldn't give us the tickets upon arrival. The LHF bucked it to the ticket office at Disch-Falk, and those folks didn't give a s**t.

8. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

9. Ignatius

Ignatius 1,000+ Posts

10. blym

blym 250+ Posts

They will tell you if you got tickets or not a few weeks before they mail them out. You should know around when the season starts if you call. If you do not donate well over $1000 you must deal with uncertainty each year and get used to it.

11. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

The cutoff for TX/OU has never been a $1000. It approached $1000 a few years ago but has never exceeded it.

If you donate $1000 you are safe in getting tickets. This year will be more than $150 because alot of people that are in the $500 range did not try last year as we thought it was going to be a lost cause. This year there are alot more $500 range donors requesting tickets so the $150 last year should rise.

12. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

Thanks for the info, major. We're somewhere in the middle so will just have to wait and see. What I find odd about the whole ticket situation is that the deadline for ordering tickets is long gone, and there are only a finite number of tickets available. It would seem you could determine today who is going to get tickets and how many. And at least notify them when the home tickets are mailed in August. In any other sport, if you order season tickets you get them in hand as soon as they are printed up before the season starts. Oh, wait, I forgot this is the LHF.