OUs Loss

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by NRHorn, Nov 13, 2021.

1. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

What happened?

2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

With like three seconds left, Baylor students storm the field. Riley gets his players back to the locker room. Our BigSky reject referee, hand picked by Walleye Burks, orders the field be cleared and one more play. Aranda sends out his FG unit to add three points. Don't think they penalized Baylor for the disruption.

I wish Linc had told that **** (get me banned) to f**k off and kept his team in the locker room.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Nothing classless about increasing your team's odd to make the title game. If they don't want that done, they should change the tiebreakers.

The issue was Baylor should have gotten a 15 yard penalty for having fans rush the field before the game was over. That would have made the FG much more difficult

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Game was essentially over and Baylor had won. They kneeled on 2nd down and the clock showed 43 seconds when the time for the next play started.

At something like 10 seconds left the fans stormed the field, but technically there was one play left. Aranda wanted that play, called a timeout (with the field overrun) and insisted that the officials clear the field and bring the players back for that one play, at the .03 second mark.

He took the opportunity to kick a FG, making the final margin of victory 13, thus enhancing Baylor’s chances of getting to the CCG in the case of some potential tiebreakers.

• Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  5. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Tough one. I agree about the penalty that wasn’t called, but it’s never cool IMHO to rub salt into a wound, even if Aranda had a reason to do it. No way Mack, Strong, Herman or Sark would have done that.

But then again, it’s Baylor, and it’s cultural.

6. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Good. I hate OU.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

:bow: Agreed!:bow:

• Like Like x 1
  8. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

While I totally agree that it was a classless move, even for Baylor, I would be remiss if I didn't point out that in 2008 OU ended up in the BCS title game because of f'ked up Big 12 tie breakers. So there's that. Just sayin........

:texasflag::cowrose:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Well think about it...his only two really productive throws vs us were ill-advised hailmary heaves..but of course we allowed them to be completed because of course we did.
    And his other productive game was vs ttu.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  11. RainH2burntO

This is the first year in a long time I do not view them as favorites to win. If they somehow blow out isu or if Baylor chokes on the road this week I may change my mind but they just do not look as potent this year... and yet we still threw up in the RRR...

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  12. RainH2burntO

And I got no problem with the end of the BU ou game. Fine as a fan fine if I were a coach fine if I were a player. Riley came off looking like a sore loser ...though it may have been calculated. I dont see the big deal with it at all and I loved Arandas demeanor at the end and in the postgame on field interview.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

If Baylor was up by 30, I would understand the ire. I think Riley was just projecting his frustration of a poor performance unto the officials.

• Agree Agree x 2