Overrated Chant Uncalled For

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by ChemHORN, Jan 2, 2008.

1. ol_ball_coach

ol_ball_coach 25+ Posts

Probably the most bogus statement made by the commentating crew all night, and they had their fair share of gems. I simply don't understand their need to constantly fellate Hawaii.

2. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

They're trying to keep people from changing the channel.

Of course, had Hawaii not been overrated people would still be watching.

3. KC-97HORN

KC-97HORN 500+ Posts

funny part is on that hit- it was Georgia on Georgia crime- I dont even think the hawaii player was even touched on the big hit

4. Ivan Drago

Ivan Drago 250+ Posts

It's a travesty that Hawaii didn't get to play for the national championship.

5. PFD

PFD 1,000+ Posts

Chanting "Overrated" to a defeated opponent is stupid. It inherently devalues your own team's victory. "Hey, we're celebrating the fact that the team that we just beat is really not that good." Didn't really think that one through, didja'?

Equally stupid is our fans chanting "OU sucks" while they're kicking our ***. We're fired up because we're getting our asses kicked by a team that sucks? That's not just dumb, that's repeating-the-7th-Grade dumb.

6. KC-97HORN

KC-97HORN 500+ Posts

see PFD, what is inherintly always true is ou sucks.

Thus after a game ends, if the score shows ou winning, then they sucked the life out of us and thus, won the game, prooving that they do, indeed suck.

If the game ends and we are winning, then we showed we were the better team and they sucked.

If ou plays against any other team and lose, they suck.

Its the law of nature and this board. Either accept it or stop posting nonsense saying we cant say ou sucks after we lose to them......

7. PFD

PFD 1,000+ Posts

8. austintex

austintex 500+ Posts

Indeed, OU's suckitude encompasses so much more than their relative success or failure on the football field.

9. nra1775

nra1775 250+ Posts

10. guy noir

guy noir 100+ Posts

Jones is the same one who accused us of cancelling a scheduled game with them a few years ago because we were afraid to play them.

Up his and his overrated rainbows.

11. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

12. Sooner-Tuf

Sooner-Tuf 1,000+ Posts

There hasn't been a really good OU sucks barrage at the RRS since the one in 2000 during the 63-14 whooping. I still can't keep myself from cracking a smile when remembering hearing OU SUCKS! while watching the scoreboard reel like a stock ticker during a big push.

Good Times, Good Times

13. honolulu horn

honolulu horn 100+ Posts

14. Ivan Drago

Ivan Drago 250+ Posts

15. FirstTimeLurker

FirstTimeLurker 100+ Posts

i liked the hairstyle profile segment and the 310 eye-black

16. wolfman

wolfman 1,000+ Posts

Watching Hawaii last night reminded me of how Ricky ran roughshod over Hawaii in their house in his first game as a freshman. Hawaii is a legitmiate contender only in their own minds.

17. PFD

PFD 1,000+ Posts

18. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

19. BigOHorn

BigOHorn 100+ Posts

20. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

You don't chant "over-rated" when you're beating a team ranked BELOW you. That's just dumb.

21. Eastwood22

Eastwood22 250+ Posts

It is always entertaining watching someone eat crow... It is even more entertaining watching the other team cram the crow down their mouth and move their jaws up and down to make them chew it.

22. LonghornLawyer

LonghornLawyer 500+ Posts

I don't think I've ever seen a team's players run their damn mouths while getting their asses so soundly kicked as we saw from Hawaii last night. Every play ended with some serious jawing.

BTW, honorable mention in the "jawing while getting your *** kicked" category go to Johnny Jolly while down 77 to OU and Lovell Pinkney's excessive celebration to mark our only touchdown against Louisville in 1993.

23. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

The overrated chant is overrated.

24. Turd of Doom

Turd of Doom 250+ Posts

Hawaii, what a bunch of punk *** turds. When that moron cheapshotted the Georgia punt returner I knew it was going to get ugly. God bless the under.

25. Mikeinthebox

Mikeinthebox 100+ Posts

imo, the "overrated" chant only applies if you are beating a team ranked above you. so georgia, being ranked higher, should not have used the overrated chant. its like chating, "we were favored to beat you and we did", its sophmoric. too bad for Hawaii to not even put up a fight, but Georgia belongs in the NC game in place of ohio state, so you had to figure this would happen

26. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

Missouri would have been a much better match up.

[​IMG]

27. Ignatius

Ignatius 1,000+ Posts

Oh, let's all wring our hands for the poor little kids from the island...f**k Hawaii, their ****-talking players, and their Central Florida-wannabe fans...

28. TexLaw04

TexLaw04 500+ Posts

I sympathize with Hawaii being undefeated, and actually hoped they would make a game of this.

But comparing this year's Hawaii team to last year's Boise State team is pretty futile. Last year, Boise State pretty much mowed down everyone in the WAC and its non-conference schedule. This year, Hawaii needed 4th-quarter comebacks to beat the likes of Louisiana Tech and San Jose State.

29. Foshizzle

Foshizzle 25+ Posts

30. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable 250+ Posts

With 5 stars, this thread is overrated.