Overrated Chant Uncalled For

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by ChemHORN, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

Over the course of their rather pedestrian football history, Georgia has probably heard, on a number of occasions, that "overrated" chant from opposing fans after beating Georgia's consistently overrated ***, so Georgia fans finally wanted to use it.

2. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

3. HornsN04

HornsN04 500+ Posts

4. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

5. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

-Mack was afraid to play Hawaii. Perhaps he had DeLoss fabricate the story about not being able to 'afford' to go.. which only made our chickening out even more transparent. Tell me something, anything, that the University of Texas can't 'afford' to do.

-Hawaii was overrated this year.

-Here on the North Shore, we treat our friends mo' better Rick.

6. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

It's easy to understand if we apply deductive reasoning:

Act classy, get treated classy.

Act like a sphincter, get treated like a sphincter.

7. Nivek

Nivek 500+ Posts

In Hawaii's defense, the climate of LA is much more akin to Georgia than Hawaii, thus the players couldn't afford to spend as much time as the Georgia player practicing for the game because they had to work extra hard on getting their hair to look good.

8. SomeMildLanguage

SomeMildLanguage 500+ Posts

Not usually a fan of the overrated chant, but it was quite appropriate here.

9. EuroHorn

EuroHorn 2,500+ Posts

One of the few times where I thought the chant fit the situation.

10. CajunHorn

CajunHorn 100+ Posts

For those who think that a higher ranked team has no business ever doing the "overrated" thing to a team ranked a couple spots below, what if said higher ranked team completely waxes the team raked a few spots down. I mean just face rapes them, like, uh, well, like Georgia did to Hawaii after said lower ranked team has run their mouth in the lead up to and during the game.? Know what I mean brau?

11. Hornstradamus

Hornstradamus 25+ Posts

Man we got some pansy men on here.

The chant was funny and even if you weren't laughing....to actually get offended at it is just weird and pathetic

12. Surfin_Horn

Surfin_Horn Guest

I'm a fan of Hawaii, but when you look at the schedule only Boise St, Fresno St, and Washington were decent teams. Most of the rest were lower tier D1 programs. Still, the got ranked high enough to get the BCS nod and learned a few things from the experience, mainly that their program is not ready for the big time! The superior speed and quick moves of Georgia were obvious, painfully obvious sometimes.

The had a good season, but if they want to be a BCS regular, they need to schedule much higher ranked opponents.

The chant was no bg deal since it was true. If HU played every BCS team, they would have finished 0-9 against them. They were overrated.

13. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

we never lose to ou ... nor aggy for that matter ... sometimes we simply fail to defeat them.

The US Army never retreats ... sometimes it becomes necessary for it to advance rearward.

(notice, not nearly the same persepective as "we ran out of time" from collie stashun)

14. anotherwebexpert

anotherwebexpert 100+ Posts

screw the better schedule for hawaii!! the bulldogs kicked their asses because they had better players across both lines, in the secondary, and at running back.

a slow offensive line, a defensive front that got rolled, and georgia knocking the snot out of anything that moved decided this game not who hawaii played before hand.

one interesting side note. that offensive line of georgia's started two true freshmen and a red-shirt, their defense is young as well, and the sec east is going to be brutal next year.

15. Valmy77

Valmy77 1,000+ Posts

16. Valmy77

Valmy77 1,000+ Posts

17. Norcal Longhorn

Norcal Longhorn 25+ Posts

2008 Hawaii Nonconference Schedule:

Opener: At Florida
    At Oregon State
    Washington State
    Cincinnati
    Weber State

If Hawaii makes 7-5 next year - It'll be a darned miracle...

18. HornsOverIthaca

HornsOverIthaca 250+ Posts

Carl from ATHF had this totally right:

Link

"Hey Carl, what about the Rainbow Warriors from Hawaii, they're undefeated, maybe they can play the chocolate candy elves in the fruity candy *** bowl in never never land. Hey Guam might wanna play, they're 11-0, in their suck *** third world division where they play with a ball made out of coconut husks."

19. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I'm not usually a fan of the Overrated chant, but it was totally appropriate...in the Fiesta Bowl two years in a row.

20. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

The Japanese had the element of suprise, at least.

21. ImissWallyPryor

ImissWallyPryor 1,000+ Posts

Get A Haircut

Clap, Clap... Clap, Clap

Would have been better.

22. phdhorn

phdhorn 100+ Posts

I thought they were saying "Overeated". Did you see some of the blubber on Hawaii's players? Wow!

23. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

In reply to: