Overshown Comments

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by horninchicago, Nov 13, 2021.

1. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

After the KU loss, real emotion. Said when asked about the identity of the team, "Not Texas football standard".

Maybe there is hope.

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  2. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

See my comments about Lbs on game thread.
    I bet life is miserable for that kid right now.
    High hopes coming into the year for him and he spends all of his time trying to compensate for deficiencies of his peer group.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  3. MeatHeadHorn

MeatHeadHorn 1,000+ Posts

100%. No ability to make run fits or attack blocks properly so there’s just gaping holes even even if the line does it’s job.
    HIC, is there a category for not a looser, but not a winner yet? :D

4. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Agent Zero, such an appropriate moniker. Don't believe the crocodile tears. The only hope that should accompany Zero is the hope that he and his fellow malcontents GTF off the Forty Acres ASAP. Refuse to practice or participate in team activities until his demands were met? Now 4-6 with a loss to Kansas! Sickens me to think our illustrious administration cowed down to the demands of these turds. We're all reaping what we've allowed to be sown.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

Cant agree with you more OS.He was one of the malcontents a year ago. Clean house and start over. I am ok for not going to bowl games for a while and rebuild this program with a new attitude and people that want to play for UT and bleed orange. I said at the start of the year this ugly face would surface again and was pooped. That scar doesnt go away until the house is clean. I hope Sark has the ambition to do it his way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Let's be honest - at this point, that performance is their standard.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo 250+ Posts

Zero plays linebacker like a defensive back. Doesn’t know how to step in hole and take on blocks by the lineman. Fact is neither does Brock. Both run around blocks instead of attacking through the block. I blame coaching as much as him. Doubt he will do anything in pros.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

The best coach I've ever known, and certainly the best Xs & Os, spent an hour in my den one night explaining to me why he wanted to recruit a LB. Coach had spent two days at his HS watching the game films of all 30 games the kid started in HS.

"You don't judge a LB by how many tackles he makes, but rather by where he makes them. This kid made one more tackle as a senior than he did as a sophomore, BUT his senior year, 90%+ were made at, behind or within two yards of the line of scrimmage." That was why OU always had great LBs under Switzer.

How many of those "required" tackles do our LBs have this year?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I do feel bad for quite a few players who in my ( admittedly uneducated guess as I’m not on the team) are really trying.
    For me Demo is one. I don’t need to mention Bijan as I know you all agree, X, Jwhit, Casey, actually all the RBs, Dicker, Luke, Jamison and I know I’m leaving some off.
    I’m most surprised at the lack of performance from the D Line and I’m not saying they don’t try… but I thought that was UTs strength. It’s not.

• Like Like x 1
  10. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I do hope this coaching staff gets 3-4 years. Folks I really feel the lack of coaching stability is a problem in Austin.
    Sark can run an offense and the D coordinator is a proven winner. Give them a few years to gel, run off the talent who is good with being mediocre and let’s see.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

It sounds reasonable based on 2020. The amount of negative recruiting against UT under Tom Herman. By his players. Some are still here. I thought Ehlinger was ready to leave this team at the end. He was disgusted with it. Sark is not the entire problem here. It’s cultural! There are still sabatoge agents on this team, just like last year! How does ANY new coach fix that! Time to clean house!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  12. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Yep. That’s what I’ve been thinking. Even Charles the Strong got 3 full years. But this never ending sh!tshow has even tested my patience.

13. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

I think this is a big part of our problem. In order to win at an elite level you have to have that 5th gear and 5th gear is all about passion and desire. Talent, athleticism, strength are all baseline attributes and the players all have that and probably more than most of their competition, but 5th gear (that often cited "give 110%") makes all the difference. You often see pro's kick it into a higher gear when they hit the playoffs. That's the 5th gear I'm talking about. We don't seem to have this on a regular basis and I think it is due to the way leadership handled those issues over the last 2 years. They let kids dictate to our program and they still haven't got rid of the malcontents.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TexasFight86

TexasFight86 250+ Posts

PK might be a proven winner in Pac16 but he certainly hasn’t figured out B12 offenses

15. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

I hope Sark gets 5 full years. He may not deserve 5, but 3 or even 4 is not enough. we have no cohesion as a team at all. Coaches come and go, players don’t stick or they get disillusioned snd quit caring.
    we may be average at best by year 5 under Sark but this is the shape of the program. if we’re in year 3 or 4 and the results on the field aren’t what we want, but recruiting is going ok, and there is stability in the coaching staff and harmony in the locker room then we need to give it another year or two.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

I'm more than a little concerned about recruiting. Nothing counts until they sign on the dotted line, and there's a lot of negative recruiting going against us I'm sure. Everything from coaching debacles / blowing leads week after week to kansas walk ons clowning us by celebrating on our midfield logo, to rumors of players leaving in droves after the season. Not sure how many quality kids are going to sign on for this mess

• Agree Agree x 6
    • poop poop x 1