Overshown refusing to practice until players' demands are met

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Htown77, Jul 2, 2020.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 4
  2. Omniscient.one

Omniscient.one 500+ Posts

Good point. He should have to give up his scholly. It’s like a guy with an academic scholarship refusing to attend class or do assignments. Think he’d keep it very long? Herman is bending over backwards behinds the scenes, just my opinion to note, because he needs wins to stay and needs these guys (which are top talent) to win. That’s why it won’t be pulled. Not to mention, repeating someone else on here with a fantastic point is if D.O. wants to make “real change” on his side, quit. Too much lip wrassling

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Omniscient.one

Just bend over and bite the pillow if it hurts. Oklahomans would sell their grandparents up the river to have a good program

4. Omniscient.one

He won’t because he’s in a catch 22 and hoping that it 1) blows over or 2) he gives a I Have a Dream-like speech

5. Omniscient.one

In part because Herman got on his soap box at the beginning of it all

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Maybe he can just read MLK's speech. Think anybody would know?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. Omniscient.one

Hahaha

8. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Herman emboldened the players while throwing ALL fans of UT football under the bus as racist!!!

As I asked in a previous post: what kind leader does that?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  9. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

And Gundy thought he only paid $30.00 for it.:idk:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Omniscient.one

Someone post the juicy bits because I just can’t believe that he or anyone would throw out that accusation in 2020. There’s tens of thousands ex-Longhorns in interracial relationships. Can Herman be that dumb?

Not to mention a moderate amount of people of any race have a taboo on interracial dating.

• Like Like x 2
  11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Since he has demonstrated on numerous occasions that he has no common sense, YES!

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

These guys came here knowing the school song. Except for walkons all had other offers. If they feel so strongly about it, they should have gone elsewhere. So pay back the money they have taken and leave. Now.

• Like Like x 4
  13. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

Heman needs to go. He has destroyed the program. What a disappointment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

He is getting off cheap from these extortionists. He could have lost his job. He is screwing others though. Now all head coaches are more susceptible to this. Think of why you should never negotiate with a hostage taker. Pay once and you will face it again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

I love how the AD keeps saying "these were all Gundys ideas" and "the players aren't in control."

Yeah whatever dude.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Good Lord! All for wearing a shirt. A shirt that had nothing derogatory or filthy or crude on it. I can’t get over it. Cost him a million dollars? What the heck are we coming to?

• Like Like x 4
  17. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

You give in once they are going to come back for more.Same situation at Texas. We let them have there way now,next week they will want something else.If the players do not like it here,then leave and dont let the door hit you in the butt. Sick of these cry babies and this cry baby coach. Royal would have had them gone in a heart beat.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

One that should be fired !!! Don't care if he wins or not...Needs to be gone !!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

I have to disagree about Herman being quiet. He has been in the protests and put out that idiotic statement about applauding them on saturday and letting them date your daughter. From what I have seen from the protesters, if my daughter had standards that low then she will get exactly what she settles for. Most of my friends who have also been longhorns for 50+ years have stated they will burn everything they have that is burntorange if Texas bows down to this crap. Let the chips fall where they may.

• Agree Agree x 8
  20. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

For all those interested, Congress woman Sheila Jackson Lee just put out a statement that whitey owes her reparations and needs to pay off her debts. If you agree with the BLM crap then feel free to send your donations to her. I am sure she will put it to good use! LOL

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  21. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

HaHa, I live in Houston and SJL is great entertainment. I keep waiting to see if bats will fly out from her hair.

• Funny Funny x 3
  22. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I love Herman, he did have a judgement error here and it seems to have backfired

23. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

My daughter just graduated and is going this fall to play college softball. When she decided on the school the coach made it very clear it is a one year scholarship contract based on performance and academic results. If she does well she will be given a second one year contract and that he is under no obligation to renew. When she signed the LOI I saw no mention that said players can just decided to sit for whatever reason without consequence.

Unless I'm missing something there is no obligation nor contractual reason to keep anyone around who wants to not earn their scholarship by sitting for social justice. If the coach deems they have not lived up to their end of the bargain they have the option to not give another year. I'd have to review whether or not he/she can do it in the middle of the one year contract.

• Like Like x 4
  24. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

NR,

Exactly how many "errors" should we allow Herman, because he has far exceeded my tolerable limit for a $5 million salary.

• Agree Agree x 4
  25. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

My fantasy is a boat, a 3 hour tour and Gilligan's Island. Only no Maryann and Ginger. Just Nancy Pelosi and Hilary Clinton.

• Funny Funny x 5
  26. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Herman wanted to get his message out there to recruits, he didn't think that his players would ask for things that destroy's the fabric of UT's Identity.

When you have no principals you will stand for nothing. Herman in an effort to improve his stock as a coach and recruiter has now painted himself in a corner. He has to choose between his players and his standing with the BMDs. No matter what he chooses, he is over at Texas. His only saving grace is to win big.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Hot Hot x 1
  27. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

The problem is, nobody ever talked about The Eyes being racist until Agitator 0 (unknown to me) brought up an ancient article about an even more ancient skit that may or may not have happened. If this--my understanding of how this suddenly became an issue--is incorrect, somebody please set me straight.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  28. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

A gutless sellout. And not a very smart one at that. He may be a Mensa member, but a common sense genius he is not.

(Perhaps there’s something I’m missing but I doubt it.)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  29. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Great observation and I agree. In fact, perhaps CDC could leverage Herman’s betrayal (!) to his (Texas’) advantage. Perhaps this:

He fires Herman and perhaps, just perhaps, the BLM Players come to his defense and agree to drop their demands to save his job. It’s an unlikely scenario but one never knows.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  30. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Think about this situation. The landscape that TH has put himself in with CDC. I dont care to speculate on outcomes on this forum but TH has made himself vulnerable and a distinct liability to the AD and The University.

• Agree Agree x 5