Overstreet

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by WashU-Horn, Aug 31, 2013.

1. WashU-Horn

WashU-Horn 500+ Posts

1. looks right
    2. does not suck
    3. discuss

2. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Looks like Edwin Simmons with dreads. and two good knees. and all his clothes on.

3. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

He looks like a football player

4. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Most exciting. Looks like he wants it all. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. 1leggedduck

1leggedduck 1,000+ Posts

Looks like no drop off at RB for awhile.

6. halsteadfrost

halsteadfrost 1,000+ Posts

Texas RBs should always have dreads... [​IMG]

7. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Looks like he should be taking the wildhorn snaps instead of Gray.

8. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

9. LongJohn

LongJohn 100+ Posts

Runs fast, runs hard, and likes to hit people = more playing time in my book.

10. tholly

tholly 1,000+ Posts

I agree, now from whom do we want him stealing their carries

11. OrangeOsoFu

OrangeOsoFu 100+ Posts

One of the top 10 most impressive opening games from a a Longhorn I have seen Put him in the Wild Horn and also let him pass occasionally out of the wild horn as to keep the D. honest. An unbelievable weapon. [​IMG]

12. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

13. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

14. arieshorn

arieshorn 1,000+ Posts

Man I am liking this new RB pod formation they used on that one Daje TD. 3 RB's in at the same time and you don't know where it's going but it's coming. lol

15. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

The thought of the ball being snapped to Overstreet, he has the option of handing it to Daje coming across, or hand it to J Gray with the read option, or keep it on the run or dropping back for an occasional pass makes my leg tingle like Obama did to Chris Matthews. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Maduka

Maduka 250+ Posts

17. texasbig12champs

texasbig12champs 25+ Posts

Before we drink the kool-aid remember this was in the 4th quarter against a worn out team that is one of the worst squads in college football. i will love to see him doing the same vs a defense. crossing fingers.

18. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

19. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sangre,

NO PLAYER THAT EVER PUT ON A TEXAS UNIFORM EVER RESEMBLED IN ANY WAY THAT CLASSLESS PIECE OF **** NAMED ERIC DICKERSON!

Johnny Manziel is the epitome of class compared the Sealy's certified **** head.

20. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

^
    ^
    ^
    ^ THIS!

21. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

22. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

DKR once remarked during his TV show's game film review about an opponent player (I believe a Baylor tight end) something like:

"He looks like a big ol' grizzly bear carrying a walnut."

Overstreet made me think of that quote.

Overstreet also reminded me of Vince's running --- he's got those long legs and is big and looks like he's just strolling, but he's covering a lot of ground real fast.

Kind of like looking up at a 747 going overhead and about to land. You think: "Doesn't it look like it's going real slow?"

But it is clipping along as fast or faster than all the others --- it's just so big it looks slow.

Happy for The Big O to make the transition from QB to a quality RB.

Burgeron, Brown, Gray, DJ, Overstreet. Wow.

Hook 'em

23. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Gray doesn't seem to break first contact tackles like I was hoping. He seems to get snagged by ankle tackles easily. He does have great speed and a great burst, but he gets tripped up at the line, and falls rather than keeping his balance. At least it seems that way to me.

I love the kid, and he is a weapon, but he is not piling up the yards like most of us expected.

But like most have said, we have a great stable of young backs and that position is a strength for this team.

24. HornsinHutto

HornsinHutto 100+ Posts

Gray is not our best. Not by a long shot. Gray is great if the hole that the play was designed for is open. If not he jut seems to run into the pile of bodies. He seems to be the easiest to tackle as well.

25. Maduka

Maduka 250+ Posts

26. HornsinHutto

HornsinHutto 100+ Posts

Hard to say. Maybe Bergeron, maybe overstreet. But if he only played rb I'd say definitely Daje. Daje would win the Heisman if he got 25 touches a game.

27. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

Who is better? Bergeron, Brown, Gray, Overstreet or Johnson? I like the idea we have these 5 on the roster to discuss. Any of those five could start on a lot of BCS teams.
    The only thing I saw to improve Overstreet was that he switched the ball to the wrong hand.

28. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Bergeron runs like Santos plays defense.

29. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Before we get too excited: he played late in the game against NMSU defenders who were too exhausted to react. I've been on that field the first week in September and it is brutally hot. That can be ameliorated some if you run a lot of players in to relieve your regulars-----which we can and did do. NUMSU has no depth and not much on the first string. They were the walking dead.

I am not saying I was not impressed with him but let us see how he does against real opposition before we start re arranging the furniture.

30. HornsinHutto

HornsinHutto 100+ Posts

He did go right hand at the left sideline. But he may have gone strong hand which isn't necessarily a bad thing.