Pack Your Bags Shaka!

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by HoffHorn, Feb 15, 2020.

1. HoffHorn

HoffHorn 500+ Posts

CDC needs to this NOW!

2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

No feed at work. Dare I ask the score?

3. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

Just checked.
    10-14(now 11-14)Cyclones 81
    14-11(soon to be Shaka less) Horns 52

4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I expect CDC will remedy this mess as soon as he can

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

81 - 52. I figured we had zero chance without Sims, but damn.

6. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

He's a decent human being and a horrendous coach. Steve Patterson should be on the hook for the buyout.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

We may not win again this season.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Pay the man. Just pay the man.

9. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Here's your hat, what's your hurry?

10. Gontex2

Gontex2 100+ Posts

He will be packing those bags with Texas' bucks.

11. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

12. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Texas is the laughing stock of all of college basketball. How is it possible to have 2 coaches who do so much less with more?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Vol Horn 4 Life

We are 2-7 in our last nine games with a 1 point win over TCU and a 4 point win over Iowa State. We could have easily lost all of our last 9 games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Wait. Shaka is a good man? I think he’s a douche.

15. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

We made him a rich douche. Also, he is the worst basketball coach in Texas history.
    At this point, CDC should wait until the end of season and then fire him prior to the Big12 tourney.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

I was really hoping that Brad Stevens would have gotten tired of dealing with the crap that is the nba, but alas that hasn’t happened. Donovan would be excellent. Has Sampson rehabilitated himself enough. Beggars can’t be choosers

• Like Like x 1
  17. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

Stevens is too serviceable as an NBA Coach I cant imagine he’d ever come back to college ball.

Sampson's a big fish in a small pond at Cougar high. He has a good thing going and at the end of the day, he can coach. He’ll always be able to overachieve with limited talent. But he is who we think he is. I can’t see Texas ever hitching their wagon to Kelvin Sampson.

FanSided - Sports News, Entertainment, Lifestyle & Technology - 300+ Sites Has Texas as the #1 landing spot for Donovan. I think he’s done at OKC after this season and getting back to NCAA is a smart move for him. As much as I’d like to have Donovan here, I don’t see Texas decision makers being adept enough to land him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Comparing Shaka Smart to the best coach in our history who made the NCAA tournament 16 out of 17 seasons, won 3 Big XII titles with Kansas at its best, went to 3 elite 8s, went to final four and 5 sweet 16s is absurd. Hell Barnes, has done better at Tennessee with far less than Shaka has done at Texas.

Only Texas fans continue to complain about Mack Brown after Charlie Strong and Rick Barnes after Shaka Smart. Our unappreciative fanbase deserves Powers, Fenves, Smart and Strong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

A quote from the ESPN game recap:
    "'We needed this,' Iowa State coach Steve Prohm said after his team recorded its most lopsided win over the Longhorns in series history."

We had some guys hurt, but Iowa State is a bad team at full strength and was missing their best player. Yet, somehow, we still endured a genocide worse than the West Virginia game and endured our worst loss to Iowa State in school history.

Shaka is now setting bad records. He needs to go ASAP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Shaka might be a candidate for the Bob Weltlich Worst Coach award, if he keeps up his losing efforts.

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. zuckercanyon

wait we could win a post season tourney again!

22. zuckercanyon

i'm a Mack Brown hater and have to admit you're right, HTown!

• Like Like x 1
  23. Vol Horn 4 Life

I've heard the CBI may be too expensive to buy our way into.

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  25. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

The optics from shitcanning diversity hires is never good. At the end of the day though, it’s just business. Nothing personal. Nothing sinister. It’s about dollars, and losing don’t make dollars.

On the record I didn’t like either hire from day 1. I knew they were both overrated and not big enough names to cut it in this political climate. I’m not mad at Patterson for hiring what appeared to be two quality character guys with some upside - I despise Patterson because of how much he egregiously overpaid for overhyped-unproven commodities.

Coach Smart is the last remaining piece of detritus from the trash heap Patterson left in his wake. Good ******* riddance to all of them.

26. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

Character? Like my daddy told me: “Hire men of character, not characters.”
    Patterson/Powers hired two characters. Two characters that were both incompetent boobs and the worst football and basketball coaches in Texas history.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Bringing Smart in as coach is on Patterson. However, the interim AD gave Shanka a contract extension and a PAY BUMP! For what?

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

FIFY

Hey Dionysus, can we start a HF - GO FUND ME - page to help get rid of Shaka!?

29. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Must you insult boobs? I happen to think very highly of Boobs. :smile1: Otherwise, I'm right there with you.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

he brings down the good name of boobs with his incompetency?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1