PacMan wants to be a Cowboy

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Beau Vine, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

2. Orange&White

Orange&White 1,000+ Posts

Dallas has more than 50 strip clubs.

Someone better let PacMan know about the new $5 "stripper tax" collected at the door of all strip clubs in Texas now. He might change his mind.

3. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I agree with Bucky Godbolt when he said Pacman should just install a pole in his house and pay the strippers to make house calls.

4. SchertzHorn

SchertzHorn 100+ Posts

A buddy of mine told me about this yesterday, and the first thing I thought was the number of strip clubs in Dallas should make this a good fit.
    This is exactly the kind of skilled player the Boys need (CB and kick returner) but wow, I just don't know how this would work. He won't be a Titian if he is reinstated so this could be interesting. There is a part of me, a small part, that is intrigued by this.

5. CraigHorn

CraigHorn 500+ Posts

'i made some bad choices. i'm not saying i did anything wrong or anything... but i made some bad choices'

like that acctblty [​IMG]

6. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Why can't he just get a girlfriend or wife like the rest of us??? They keep you out of trouble.

7. SyracuseHorn

SyracuseHorn 500+ Posts

8. formermav43

formermav43 250+ Posts

9. Hes not here

Hes not here 100+ Posts

Craig that quote says it all. Very common way for a person to say that they are a victim or haven't done anything wrong. You don't want your team to be the next one to sign this retard

10. Captain Murphy

Captain Murphy 250+ Posts

Oh, man. I'm torn between my desire to see the Cowboys win and my desire to maintain the pretense (carefully cultivated in my own mind for decades now) that the Cowboys represent the force of good in an evil NFL universe. Well, I've convinced myself that T. Johnson and T. Owens are both solid dudes. What the heck? I think Pacman is just another pro athlete who is misunderstood. For whatever reason, people fail to appreciate that beneath his tough-guy, strip-club frequenting, gun-toting exterior there is a sensitive human being who craves nothing more than fellowship, understanding, and victories.

11. MirrOlure

MirrOlure 500+ Posts

[quoteOh, man. I'm torn between my desire to see the Cowboys win and my desire to maintain the pretense (carefully cultivated in my own mind for decades now) that the Cowboys represent the force of good in an evil NFL universe. Well, I've convinced myself that T. Johnson and T. Owens are both solid dudes. What the heck? I think Pacman is just another pro athlete who is misunderstood. For whatever reason, people fail to appreciate that beneath his tough-guy, strip-club frequenting, gun-toting exterior there is a sensitive human being who craves nothing more than fellowship, understanding, and victories.

12. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

He needs to move to ATL.

13. capitalcity

capitalcity 100+ Posts

Jerry characterized his feelings after the Giant's loss as the most dissapointed he's ever been during his tenure as owner.

If this can happen it will. Stephen and Jerry have a track record with problem players that's yielded more positive results than negative. Considering his predicament, Pacman has very little leverage and will sign whatever Jones puts in front of him.

We havent won a playoff game in 11 ************* years. If Osama Bin Laden says he wants to play for Dallas - I expect Jerry to get on the satelite phone and figure out the *******'s 40-time.

As much as I'd love to root for a team of Darren Woodsons and Jason Whitens, I'd love to root for a winner more. I know how that sounds and I don't care - Just win baby.

14. SchertzHorn

SchertzHorn 100+ Posts

OK, I have had a day to think about this and I find myself as a Cowboys fan continuing to not be totally against this. I love my teams, and I think the main reason (besides the pain I still feel from last week's loss) is that the NFL contract wouldn't make this a huge gamble.
    I wouldn't want the Spurs to make a gamble like this because then the team would continue to pay his contract and if the Horns took a kid in with a past like this you would have to worry about his influence on the other younger players, especially in those times when the coaches are not allowed to be around.
    But in the NFL, Jerry would sign him to a contract, that would not cost Dallas much if he screwed up and he has to know that he doesn't have any chances left after this one. Who knows, I am not 100% for it, but not totally against this either. I agree with a previous post that if this can happen, it will.

15. Meursault

Meursault 250+ Posts

16. Third Coast

"Winning isn’t everything; it’s the only thing."

17. killer b's

killer b's 25+ Posts

I am pretty sure the guy deserves a second chance.

18. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

Man, this is a tough one for me. I try to look at each case individually and Tank Johnson was more of a case of a young guy making a series of bad judgments in a short period of time. Nothing serious. Pac Man just seems like a bad dude, period. I can do w/o those kinds of guys. But he is SOOOOO good on the field.....

Any contract would have a hundred and one escape clauses for the team who signs him, but w/ PM, you feel like it wouldn't matter, the jackass would still never even make it past the bye week.

19. the cowboys should stay away from him. they are gaining the reputation as a franchise that has no standards. true or not, it's something that's out there and this would only add to that perception.
    you get in trouble somewhere, well just go play in dallas.

20. CHETOLONGHORN

CHETOLONGHORN 250+ Posts

Recently that would be Cincinnati not Dallas.

21. Third Coast

22. Captain Murphy

Captain Murphy 250+ Posts

23. goat

goat 250+ Posts

Do we really have 50 getlemens's joints in dallas....?

Well i guess i need to get on it and tour all of them.....

seriously how many are there exactly?

24. RabidLonghorn

RabidLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

I am torn with wanting that thug on the Dallas team because it will help them win and wanting Jerry to stay as far away from him as possible because of his bad rep.

25. SchertzHorn

SchertzHorn 100+ Posts

As far as being worried about the perception people have of the Dallas Cowboys, I have learned over the years that the haters will be there regardless of who you sign. If Jerry feels that he can turn himself around and contribute to this team (because he would in a HUGE way) then you sign him. If not, you don't. Jerry has signed a number of players like this and most have contributed in a postive manner, despite what the talking heads and the national media would like to report. Jerry will not sign/not sign him because of "perception."

26. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I'd sign him and tell him, "You get so much as a parking ticket, and you are out on your ***." I'd make sure he knows he's already got two strikes, and the first mistake he makes as a Dallas Cowboy will be his last.

27. SchertzHorn

SchertzHorn 100+ Posts

We should all remember that he is still a Titan and they will probably try to trade him first. Should be interesting to see what the interest is around the league.

28. BRay2244

BRay2244 500+ Posts

29. Wesser

Wesser 1,000+ Posts

Goodell will likely want Jones to become a Cowboy, just like it was rumored that he secretly jockeyed for Tank Johnson to become a Cowboy because the Cowboys have the best player conduct program in the league under Calvin Hill. Like it or not haters, the Cowboys have a good reputation league wide for taking malcontents like Tank, T.O., Keyshawn and Terry Glenn and turning their attitudes around.

As far as PacMan, he might be too far gone. I bet that Jones signs him anyway.

30. flyinsquirrl

flyinsquirrl 25+ Posts

Though I am skeptical of Pac-Man's willingness to rehabilitate his off-the-field image, I am also scared to death of seeing Jacques Reeves starting another game for us. [​IMG]

Sign him! [​IMG]