Pan-fried Tacos

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by ctrl+alt+del, Dec 13, 2011.

1. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del 500+ Posts

It's been awhile since I've posted food pics, so I thought I would share this that I made for lunch today:

1. I like chicken, but obviously, carne asada or anything else is an option.

[​IMG]

2. Corn tortillas.

[​IMG]

3. Pico de gallo and shredded jack.

[​IMG]

4. Cook each tortilla in oil on med-low heat in a cast iron skillet for about 20-30 seconds on each side and set aside. This makes the tortilla a little more cooperative later when filling it.

[​IMG]

5. Layer with cheese, then chicken, then pico de gallo

[​IMG]

6. Fold over tacos and place in a tray so they can be fried

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Cook tacos in plenty of oil until starting to turn golden on each side. The cheese should be good and melted by now

[​IMG]

8. Garnish with cotija and enjoy with your favorite condiment(s)

[​IMG]

2. Y Sanchez

Y Sanchez 250+ Posts

A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

3. TRRW#31

TRRW#31 250+ Posts

Nice pics. They're making me hungry. [​IMG]

4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Beautiful. Some barbacoa in there might be nice too. I love that stuff.

5. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

Wow. That looks good.

6. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

Do you use any seasoning to cook the chicken in, or do you just let the cheese, pico, and greasy goodness do all the work?

7. SunBurntOrange

SunBurntOrange 500+ Posts

Been fighting a stomach virus and could not hold one of those down if I tried. But I would do it anyway just to have one. [​IMG]

8. TNLonghorn

TNLonghorn 500+ Posts

Just made these (and devoured them) and they were awesome!!! Thanks for posting the recipe! [​IMG]

9. Horny Ringman

Horny Ringman 250+ Posts

How much oil do u use.?

10. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I made these in a nonstick instead of cast iron. It worked well with about 2 tablespoons of oil.

11. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I used Extra Sharp Cheddar instead of the Jack and loved the affect it had on them. I also gave my Pico a couple of quick pops in the processor to make it smaller and less chunky yet not quite the consistency of salsa.

I found those two small differences gave them a new personality. I also used a non-stick will less oil.

Thank you for this. They are going to be a hit when I make a couple dozen for a hoops viewing get together with friends this weekend.

(oh, since I love cheese so much I put two layers. one at the beginning like the recipe calls for and another on top of the chicken before the pico)

12. CottonEyedHorn

CottonEyedHorn 1,000+ Posts

What's the secret to good pulled chicken?

13. Longhorndanc

Longhorndanc 25+ Posts

Fantastic, Thanks for posting this.

I currently live in Hong Kong and don't get my taco-fix nearly enough. I stopped by an international grocery store this week and made these pan-fried tacos. Wife loved 'em. I loved 'em.

We'll be making these for guests this weekend too.

[​IMG] [​IMG]