Paris Attacked

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 13, 2015.

1. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Prayers for France. I hope this finally wakes up Obama and the pacifists who think we can wait for someone else to eliminate ISIS. This sort of attack is destined to happen in the US if we do not take action soon. Maybe even if we do since Obama, Kerry and HRC have ignored a world problem for political expediency.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

First time there has been a curfew since 1944
    But gee the idiot BO does not know who did this . The POS likely wants to blame the Amish
    He embarrasses our country
    GOD bless France

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  4. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

How can we, the USA, limit our exposure to this ******** somehow? More pat downs of Granny?

5. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I grieve for humanity
    Because my own may harden
    I grieve for justice
    Because war knows no pardon
    I grieve for courage
    Because with fear we may govern
    I grieve for children
    Because a fire burns in their garden

6. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

In an epic event of irony, just this morning I saw an interview with Obama claiming that ISIS had been contained, and how optimistic he felt. This was after the (hopefully) successful death of Jhadi John.
    This is chilling...they have been allowed to spread across borders, into countries all over the world. It is a matter of time before they attack the US again.

7. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

8. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Even in a "Prayers for France" you couldn't look past politics. Prayers for France and theiioftx.

9. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Spread? The ideology is spreading. We don't know how many of these attackers even left France. I'm not sure what the answer to ISIS but I'm very certain nobody on this board has one.

10. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Thanks for the prayers and affirming the idiotic view of liberals that we do not need a world leader as POTUS. Let's all just sit back and deny the problem. Let's blame this on a YouTube video or just find these poor middle easterners (don't call them terrorists) jobs.

Our president called this group the junior varsity. Just yesterday morning, he said they were under control. His policies have made the world less safe and he did it with the leading candidate on the democratic side as Secretary of State. Then he hired a pacifist in her place who gave the world's leading sponsor of terrorism billions of dollars and a clear path to nuclear weapons.

Your are f'n right it is politics. Prayers for France, the world and idiot liberals.

• Like Like x 2
  11. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

The answer is wipe them off the face of the earth with the world's greatest military. Give the military orders then get out of their way. As quickly as possible, send every available national guard member to the border to prevent any unauthorized person from entering. Stop all entry of Syrian refugees. Finally, start keeping score at kid soccer games and hand out trophies to the winner because liberalism is destroying the world.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

A few things. First, Obama isn't to blame for this. France and the EU decide who enters France and who doesn't. The US has no part in the equation.

Second, we don't know that this was orchestrated by ISIS. Yes, I know one of the shooters made comments to that effect, but if you're a jihadist, claiming allegiance to ISIS gives you cred. It's sorta like a hippie claiming to have been at Woodstock. We don't know what the truth is yet. Keep in mind that France has foolishly let in large numbers of Muslims from former colonial possessions like Algeria, and some of them and their kids became radicalized. As SH indicated, these guys may easily be French citizens who have never been outside France.

Third, if these guys were under the command of ISIS, get ready for a war. France will want to retaliate, and they'll likely invoke Article 5 of NATO, which would likely draw all of NATO including the United States into the war.

Fourth, this incident is going to make Europeans collectively ask themselves in they've had enough. Many of them are going to say they have, which means right wing nationalist parties (such as the National Front in France) who aren't guilt racked about colonialism (or in the case of Germany, Nazism) will likely get more powerful. Things could get interesting in the coming years.

• Like Like x 1
  13. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Every major news organization and the French president is saying ISIS. Is Obama directly responsible? No

As the most powerful and influential leader of the world, should he have taken action a long time ago? Yes. Do you argue he should just arm 5 rebels and wash his hands of it?

All European leaders also have some blame here. This is just the start if action is not taken now.

14. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

He let ISIS carve out a territory bigger than Indiana in the M.E. He's done nothing to help combat ISIS other than a few drone strikes and a handful of advisors. He's done nothing to stop the genocide of Christians in Iraq and Syria. He removed Gaddafi and then didn't follow through, so now Libya is a failed state that is flooding Europe with Muslim refugees.

His attitude is let the M.E. solve their own problems. Well, guess what? Now it's the world's problem and it happened on his watch. So, yes, he certainly is to blame and I think history will judge him harshly for his ineptitude.

• Like Like x 2
  15. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

As Deez has pointed out, while many news agencies have reported this was ISIS, even ISIS claimed responsibility, we don't know of ISIS Actual funded, planned, and executed the attack.

That said, this was an attack, one of many, in the past several years, by Islamic extremists. But that's not the whole story. This was an attack, one of many, over the past decade, over the past century, since the beginning or the American Republic (before oil, or an overseas military presence, or the State of Israel), and since the beginning of Islam 1,500 years ago. The cause of these attacks aren't Obama, or W. Bush, or Clinton, or GHWB, or Regan, or Carter. They aren't because of the West Bank or Gaza Strip. They aren't because of Gorbachev, or Lawrence of Arabia, or colonialism.

Jihad, struggle, is simply the way it's been for the vast majority of human civilization. It's not caused by anything anyone does. It is the way of life. Electing a kinder POTUS (at least optically) did nothing to solve the problem of Islamic extremism because they don't care if the President was General LeMay or Mother Teresa.

You're certain nobody has an answer to ISIS. I don't know if that's true or untrue. I have a few ideas - maybe they'd work...maybe they wouldn't. But here's what I know for certain. For Americans and our allies, this fight is not about these f#@^!* Islamic extremists. They are nothing and will always be jihadists. This is about who we are. What is France? What is America? There are a lot of answers, all correct to those two questions and too many to count culturally, technologically, religiously, politically, philanthropically, scientifically. etc. And we don't need "jobs" to define how great America and France are or as a reason to be great.

As the Marquis De LaFayette wrote, "Humanity has gained its suit (America); Liberty will nevermore be without an asylum." Notice how he said "Humanity." To make good on this, the Marquis believed Americans would fight for liberty. The price of Liberty is eternal vigilance. It's not taking out Jihadi John collecting $200 and passing go. It's not some quantitative metric on neutralized high-value targets, reduction in terrorist attacks, or successful Justice Department prosecutions. Eternal vigilance, the price of Liberty and standing up for who we are, is kicking *** 24/7/365 eternally whenever anyone threatens Columbia. It is standing up for Liberty anywhere in the world when decency is threatened. And LaFayette was not some pansy that half-assed $%i+. It is the belief in and protecting the suit of Humanity. That is what winning this war means to France and America.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  16. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

Being more aggressive with ISIS over the last 5 years could have had a wide range of results. At the two extremes:

(1). ISIS is crippled. Without centralized planing and support, the jihadist movement is crippled and terrorism quiets down worldwide. Russia and the US reach an accord over how to handle the Middle East, and the prospect of long-term peace becomes real. ​

(2). The attacks on ISIS result in large numbers of innocents to die. Outraged, thousands of previously nonviolent Muslims become jihadists. Local terrorism mushrooms out of control. Russia and the US can't agree on how to handle ISIS of other issues in the Middle East, and we find ourselves on the brink of WWIII.
    So, maybe Obama the Fool has blood on his hands, or maybe Obama the Wise has saved countless thousands of lives. Anyone who subscribes firmly to either of these possibilities is, imho, speaking from the wrong orifice.

17. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

That post perfectly sums up Obama's ME policy. Thanks, I think.

18. texas_ex2000

There are exactly 4 countries, IMHO, that Islamic terrorists should avoid if they want a drawn out protracted campaign. The US, Russia, Israel, and France - and ISIS just killed their dog.

They have one of the premier intelligence services in the world, they have the freaking Foreign Legion (who will likely be sic'd on Raqqa), and like Texans they have this stubborn pride and they carry grudges. They have nuclear weapons and are a sometimes player in NATO, not because they dislike us, but just to piss us off...like a brother. The scariest roughest dudes I've met in the service were DGSE. SEALs came across like surfer boys compared to these guys.

Hollande said they're going to carry out a "merciless," "ruthless," and "pitiless" war against ISIS. What world leader has used this kind of rhetoric in recent history? I believe him.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  19. texas_ex2000

A philosophical response to Hillary's position from the debate last night that ISIS isn't America's fight.

From a year ago, 9:05 mark:

"We have a moral obligation to go do something about it. And it signals to the rest of the World, we're the United Stats of America and we're going to do something when bad actors do bad things. Some friends tell me, you can't just run around the World doing that.

Oh yes you can."

I think he read some Lafayette between running track and NROTC drill.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

This vid is more relevant than ever. Notice he makes the case for us to do something on moral AND business level.

And did you notice him leading a Texas Fight cheer when he was on the field?:hookem:
    Bill in Sinton taught him well.

edit to add, I don't know why I think this is cool but notice He drinks from the bottle. No sissy glass for him.

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Jack Tapper burn. Hard to believe this is CNN

• Like Like x 1
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Looks like it's a combination of ISIS and what SH suggests - people who are from Europe.

And personally, I'm not one to defend how Obama handles much of anything, but I think it's pretty hard to rip him without the benefit of hindsight. Nobody was going to support a major war effort to take out ISIS prior to this attack.

23. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Regardless of where the had settled, they were ISIS. Another term might be Muslim Terrorists.

I am not saying Obama is directly responsible, but as the leader of the free world I do believe it is his responsibility to employ a foreign policy which protects American interests. Allowing the genocide of people throughout Syria and Iraq while also allowing a group with an expressed interest in killing anyone that does not follow their teachings to grow - while doing basically nothing - is his responsibility. I believe the ISIS plan is similar to the Nazis. Sooner or later, they must be stopped. It is always easier to stop them early before they gain strength. Obama stated Friday they were "contained." Either he is sadly misinformed or he has his head buried in the sand.

He now faces the decision whether to prevent Syrian refugees to come to America. I would suggest that the aforementioned murderers in France were largely from the same area of the ME and Belgium/France have allowed them to infiltrate their countries. Hopefully Obama makes the right decision.

Are you not concerned about Germany?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

John Oliver has had an interesting two weeks on this topic generally.

Here he is two weeks or so ago -- basically making fun of those "sillyheads who think terrorists could gain entry into Europe mixed in with migrants." He even talks about people coming in through Greece.

Here he is now

26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It makes a big difference though when developing a strategy to stop them.

He clearly miscalculated and misjudged ISIS, but I still haven't heard anyone offer a viable solution that isn't entirely retrospective.

True, and there are some similarities. Both were ideologically committed to conquest, and both were willing to butcher anybody who was in their way. Furthermore, just as they are now, the so-called "international community" was indecisive, divided, and weak. However, the Nazis posed a far more immediate and extreme threat. Though it was depressed and in chaos following WWI, the German economy and military were fundamentally strong and technologically very advanced.

Despite all that, it took the remilitarization of the Rhineland, the Anschuß (annexation of Austria), the seizure of part of Czechoslovakia, and a full-scale invasion of Poland before anyone took serious action to stop the Nazis. I'm not suggesting that we let ISIS go that far, but we do need to keep things in perspective.

I think it's stupid to the point of being national suicide to allow uncontrolled migration of foreigners into any country.

Yes, I'm concerned about Germany but not about my own personal safety. Even with their over-the-top white guilt, Germany wasn't stupid enough to let Muslims become ten percent of their population like France was, so the threat is less. In addition, I live in a small village and mostly stay away from large cities, especially Berlin and Frankfurt which would be their most likely targets. Furthermore, I do go to various military installations, but access to them is controlled, and they're well-secured with armed personnel. If ISIS tried to pull something at a base, we'd f**k 'em up before they could do much harm. They know that and likely wouldn't try.

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Doing more than the POTUS

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

CNN (of all entities) again asking questions (from today at the G-2)

29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

For the record, John Oliver is a throbbing tool like Jon Stewart and his other disciples (like Stephen Colbert). They're not funny or insightful, and they're a bunch of candy-asses, because when they're caught BSing, they play the "I'm just a satirist" card.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

BO should NOT be allowed to remain as POTUS one more day. In Turkey today he said this:

“In terms of refugees, it is clear that countries like Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan, which are already bearing an extraordinary burden should do so alone. At the same time all of our countries have to ensure our security and as president my first priority is the safety of the American people. And that’s why even as we accept more refugees including Syrians we do so only after subjecting them to rigorous screening and security checks. We also have to remember that many of these refugees are the victims of terrorism themselves. That’s what they’re fleeing. Slamming the door in their faces would be a betrayal of our values.”

BO you LIE, neither we nor any of Euro has any way to vet these "migrants" NONE. did he not watch TV so he could learn 2 , so far, Of the murdering muslims came in as " migrants"?
    Texas, Mich, Ala and I am sure soon La will not accept anymore of these " migrants".

WE can however help them settle in muslim countries in the ME.

That stupid POS BO also called the murders in Paris a "setback':whiteflag:

• Like Like x 1