parking at the rosebowl for tailgating

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by LAktownhorn, Dec 15, 2009.

1. LAktownhorn

LAktownhorn 250+ Posts

anyone have any idea how to do this? i got lucky the first couple times i went.

i just found out in 05 the parking spot we tailgated from cost 700 bucks. but it was a niiiiiice spot.

where do you go to find spots like this?

2. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

WTF? 700 bucks?

We've done it both times (the hornfans tailgate) but we were in line long before the gates opened. No doubt, that will be our plan this year too.

3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

$40 on the golf course. Best $40 you will spend in LA (as long as it isn't raining). As you walk into/out of the stadium, count the number of vehicles stuck in the sand traps!

4. Ignatius

Ignatius 1,000+ Posts

I parked in Lot H (the lot on the other side of the stadium from the golf course) last time, but the idea that 'gates open at 8AM' like they print on the pass is a crock of ****. I pulled up to that lot at 7:45AM and it was 80% full...

5. 4Horns

4Horns 100+ Posts

Parking on and walking around the golf course is a great pregame experience. I think we got there around 11am and there was no trouble getting parking spots on the course.

6. LAktownhorn

LAktownhorn 250+ Posts

the $700 parking space was that expensive for a reason. we were right next to the main entrance and we were surrounded by celebs. rick perry drove right by us and rolled his window down and gave us a hook'em.

after the game the players loaded on to their buses right next to us. and we got to chat with them a bit. vince and mack sped past us on a golf cart and immediately boarded the bus and took off.

7. dahorns

dahorns 250+ Posts

8. Ignatius

Ignatius 1,000+ Posts

9. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

On second thought, if there's any chance I could throw a coke on Perry, 700 bucks is cheap.

10. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

IIRC, I met Girlie and Orangeblood and a few others around 6 AM and we headed to the gates and we were probably 20th or so in line.

OB probably has a better recollection, as my memory was purged when he started the "top of the hour" bourbon shots. I intend to set my alarm this year and hide in the trunk of my car at 55 minutes after the hour because, although fat, I am indeed a "lightweight".

11. hookemjoeman

hookemjoeman 25+ Posts

Had the parking pass through LHF and parked at Brookside Golf Course... gates opened at 8 AM.. we got there at 11 AM and we were already parking at the back part of the course about halfway between the stadium and the other end of the golf course... found a spot by the bayou that crisscrosses through the middle of both courses... that was probably the best tailgate I've been to... we saw some USC knuckheads throwing footballs across the bayou (there was hardly any water in there and you could cross the 5 foot gap with a good running jump)... we saw one of the USC fans fall into the bayou trying to jump across it while going after a football thrown to the other side... some of the best pre-game entertainment ever... and then there were the Hispanic vendors selling "ghetto dogs" (carts where they sold hot dogs and such) walking throughout the golf course... walking around the course was awesome especially seeing all of the Texas fans that had made the trip (tons of trucks and Winnebagos/RVs with Texas plates)!!!

Looking forward to seeing this spectacle again!!!

Hook'Em!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Horn9497

Horn9497 100+ Posts

If we bought the $30 parking pass through the foundation is that a parking pass for the golf course?

13. Ignatius

Ignatius 1,000+ Posts

It's for any 'general admission' lots, which is all of the golf course and Lot H on the other side of the stadium...you'll be closer in the latter lot, but if you don't show up by 9AM or so forget it...

14. HornInWville

HornInWville 25+ Posts

I was with someone that had a handicapped sticker in 05, and parked 20 feet from the stadium, literally.

15. hornlong

hornlong 25+ Posts

What time did you arrive and which entrance did you use for the handicapped pass?

16. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

So will the hornfans tailgate be somewhere in the golf course parking? And will the balloon be hoisted?